_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934005 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3060 on: June 22, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

((Bishop got a 15 on the MS test, which I take as normal but somewhat badass which is good. I try hard not to make Mary Sue's since that takes the fun away from everyone. I like having a character that stands out though, and with Bishop being a dude that fought the power back before he joined the corps, and was justified in doing so, as well as looking a bit odd and doing stuff that makes me go 'Hells yeah!' when I read it makes him a favorite of mine, even though now I want him to have been a amp user on retrospect to game mechanics.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: June 22, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

((Well, it's not like that's a scientific test to begin with.

Also, I'm curious just how far one could go with the Doctor's complimentary enhancements/experiments.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: June 22, 2012, 07:07:30 pm »

((Quick question, do I get my 5 tokens now, or later?))

Having arrived on the ship and been given Steve's brief, thorough, and dread-inducing "introduction to the end of your life" tour, Kyle headed over towards the VR, logging into a spare machine.

"Hey Steve, will we be allowed to send messages to the rest of the universe? It'd be nice to talk to my family and let them know I'm not quite dead yet."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: June 22, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

((I think RtDs are random, and an image or archetype such as "badass" does not resist the ways of the dice.

That said, I see no Mary Sue among the convicts because they are all unfortunate and useless bastards. Including the Bastards, which are generally slightly less incompetent.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:19:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: June 22, 2012, 07:34:24 pm »

((Yep, the dice gods are the great equalizer in RTD's.

And this RTD is brutal when it comes to character handling, which is part of it's charm I think. It's already had more permenant deaths than any other one that I've read, and has done so in such a short span of time! Holy shit dude!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »

((And this RTD is brutal when it comes to character handling, which is part of it's charm I think. It's already had more permenant deaths than any other one that I've read, and has done so in such a short span of time! Holy shit dude!))
((Which gives you a sense of achievement when you actually survive through one or two missions. And remember, your teammates are the biggest hazards.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: June 22, 2012, 07:43:37 pm »

((I might as well throw it out there that I'm signing up for the next mission, seeing how I only had about a 12-24hr window to get my sign up in. Travis Stratnin.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: June 22, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

Thank you for the tips

Go to the VR and try a fight against myself. The bot version with the MFM while I will have the MPA already installed. We will fight in a nondescript white area.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: June 22, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »

((And this RTD is brutal when it comes to character handling, which is part of it's charm I think. It's already had more permenant deaths than any other one that I've read, and has done so in such a short span of time! Holy shit dude!))
((Which gives you a sense of achievement when you actually survive through one or two missions. And remember, your teammates are the biggest hazards.))
((I know! The feeling of getting off that asteroid before those gauss cannon rounds hit was fantastic! An accomplishment to be enjoyed, fo' sure.

And it's not always your teammates that are the biggest hazards, it can also be the mind controlling alien artefacts or a miniture sun with a short lifespan...

Wow, we really are our own worst enemies...))

Bishop nodded at the Armory Master.

"Right, thanks for the help. Do you have and information that I can look at on suit design? I've got a new idea but I'd like to see the design of what we currently have to see what is viable first."

EDIT for new action.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:33:52 pm by Zako »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »

Charro tilted his head and frowned a bit. "Hrm... Maybe I have to be more specific." What followed was a gruelling process of flicking through the many, many channels, his blank stare fixed on the television as he searched intently.
>Flick through channels and attempt to find footage of my home-sector! Whatever it was called. Then inspect the fashions back home!

((I just did that test, and Charro got a 17. Or 14, if the UWM doesn't count as a major villain. :P I haven't exactly fleshed him out too fully, though.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: June 22, 2012, 09:54:38 pm »

(( 34~36 on that MS test. And that's for a cannon fodder-worth fanatic. Dammit. I guess I have a few problems with understanding the concept of roleplaying.  ::)
 Also, wow! Just read the mission thread. I guess I should have made that oversized helmet instead of the sub-exoskeleton, for that might've given me a chance ;) Oh, and I managed to get to the wall of remembrance! This was definetly a good day to die.
Can't wait for the comment on both over-tinkerers dying in their first mission :D
Also, what a waste of research. Hopefully Simulacrus will find the datapad (suspiciously lying beside one of the VR machines) and put good use to the designs, because I'm probably going to take a character* (*measure of time) off the tinker duty.
... Maybe not. Junkie, they say? :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »

(( 34~36 on that MS test. And that's for a cannon fodder-worth fanatic. Dammit. I guess I have a few problems with understanding the concept of roleplaying.  ::)
 Also, wow! Just read the mission thread. I guess I should have made that oversized helmet instead of the sub-exoskeleton, for that might've given me a chance ;) Oh, and I managed to get to the wall of remembrance! This was definetly a good day to die.
Can't wait for the comment on both over-tinkerers dying in their first mission :D
Also, what a waste of research. Hopefully Simulacrus will find the datapad (suspiciously lying beside one of the VR machines) and put good use to the designs, because I'm probably going to take a character* (*measure of time) off the tinker duty.
... Maybe not. Junkie, they say? :) ))
((Your death was rather cringeworthy. As were my infinite injuries.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »

((Oh sweet jebus.. I've just looked at that thing and immediately I thought: Poor Neil... You poor bastard...))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »

(( And I'd say those injuries of yours were noble and heroic, for you selflessly went back practically into the expanding hell to bring back a wounded comrade. A difference of perspective, I guess. )).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »

(( And I'd say those injuries of yours were noble and heroic, for you selflessly went back practically into the expanding hell to bring back a wounded comrade. A difference of perspective, I guess. )).
((Thanks. I'm saying that how the injuries occurred was rather terrifying. I was wondering, "Does this go with Thomas' character?" and I think it does.))
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 2101