_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932744 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2970 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:23 am »

((I'll give his stuff back, except for the scout eye. That damn thing is useless and is far to fragile and hard to control to give accurate data. Better to save your tokens, time and effort. You can still have your laser rifle and spare battery for it back though, I just didn't want to let the worm get a hold of them and it was also the most likely way for Bishop to find that oh so important chip about the worm.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2971 on: June 20, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »

((Titanium. One of very few bio-compatible materials, but it works.))
I actually knew that. In reality people who have synth-flesh parts while keeping human ones don't have the flesh grafted straight to them, they have a titanium plate thing attached to the stump and the plate is what the synth-flesh is attached to.  So plating made of titanium is possible, but if you're gonna use it subdermally you run into the problem that, well, it's an inflexible, somewhat heavy metal. Not exactly the best thing to spread through your chest cavity considering the need to move and bend and things. Last thing we need is something that, if he jumps or lands heavily, tears into his abdominal cavity.

"Woo!  Watch out, world!"
Wheel around like a madman.  A paralyzed, bedridden madman.
"Hey, ship brain guy!  Is this one of those ships with light-uppable walls that show you where to go to go places?"
Look for the workshop, with or without help.
You roll out of the hospital and do a few very slow, very underwhelming donuts  in the hall before continuing along, looking for some sort of workshop.
"Hey, ship brain guy!  Is this one of those ships with light-uppable walls that show you where to go to go places?"

>No, this is one of those ships with enormous, brightly colored signs painted on the walls. You're crippled, not blind, though you may be stupid.

"I wouldn't really know of such materials personally, I handle machines and not organic stuff. And when you say armor plating, I was thinking more along the lines of a mesh imbedded into the tissue, but whatever is more effective I guess. Can you run some tests and see if you can come up with suitable substances and methods of protection? I'm sure someone of YOUR caliber would be able to handle such a task after all."

Follow the doc and expect the worse for the treatment.
You snap your fingers in front of the doctor to bring his attention back to this world. "Oh, yes." he mutters, obviously disappointed with this world and longing to return to whatever mental utopia of vivisection and mad science he just left. He leads you into the back, down a long hall, a flight of stairs, another hall and finally into a chamber-one of what must be hundreds of chambers you passed along the way. Inside the room is something that looks like a cross between a bed and a chair, a half reclined, heavily cushioned thing with, worryingly, about a dozen restraint points all over it. You gulp down a knot of unease and sit down in the chair. The doctor goes about restraining every limb and making sure the restraints are tight before he walks over to a control panel on the wall and types a few things in.

"Process will take a few hours. Scream if you need anything." He says, stepping out through the door. A moment later he pokes his head back in. "Well, scream louder." And then he's gone again.

After he leaves the room large sections of the wall slide open to reveal gantries loaded with dozens of mechanical arms, each tipped with different tools, that slide out from  the walls on either side of you. A lot of the tools on the arms look like syringes of one kind or another. Two arms equipped with what look like metal half sleeves, each studded with 8 rather massive syringes. The sleeves come down and press themselves against your flesh, holding your arms to the chair and the syringes slowly lower into the sleeve and the waiting flesh beyond. [End:6] You tap your foot, a bit bored, as the machine digs the syringes down into your arms, all the way to and then into the bone. It injects its supply of...whatever it is into the marrow before sliding back out and removing the sleeve, leaving 8 bleeding holes in either arm. This continues for your legs, your feet, your chest, your head, your eyes and every major organ. As the process continues, the bleeding holes it leaves begin to close faster and faster, to the point that the last shot, one straight through the sternum and into your heart, doesn't bleed at all.

The doctor returns shortly there after and releases you from your restraints. "Follow path back." he says rather nonchalantly  after handing you a towel for the blood.

"Come at me, Jim!"

Jumping axe kick!

Once I get my answer, submit to the treatment and brace myself for the worst.
((Now we have a good healer!))
Jim looked at Feyri, then at his arms. After a moment's though, he calmly folded them behind his back. "These arms are stronger than I thought... I'll try not to use them too much. Are you up for continuing?" he asked, watching Fey for signs of actual damage. "If you're feeling unwell, I can carry you back to the infirmary..."

Should Feyri wish to continue, Jim will wait for her to approach and then try to sweep her legs out from under her.
[Feyri dex:4]
[Jim dex:5+1]
[jim str:2]

Jim sidestep's Feyri's blow and drops low, bringing his foot around in a hard arc and catching her on the lower leg. The blow doesn't seem to have any effect.

>Mug Bishop the moment he enters the hall
((Damnit, he got away! If only I'd posted sooner... :( ))

Charro finally removed the pillow from his ears and glanced down at his tokens.
"Huh..." He frowned a bit. Only five? Had he counted wrong? Not quite the payout he'd been hoping for, but at least he still had his rifle and scout-eye. Or did he?
'Argh, it's so hard to remember... Can't concentrate.'
Infact, thinking hard about anything was kinda strenuous lately. Weird.

>Determine if I've still got my laser rifle and scout eye.
>Also, rate my post-brain-damage stupidity on a scale of 1 to 10.

Still clutching his pillow in one hand, Charro walked unsteadily off to the cafeteria to get himself some comfort food- The delicious mixture of everything on the dessert menu. Then it's time to watch some television.
>Grab a tray of disgusting/delicious mixture from the cafeteria, then go watch TV.
It appears that Bishop has looted your corpse and made off with all your stuff. Dick.

[Int:1] On a scale of one to 10 you'd say you come in at a...Pickle. No, wait that doesn't make any sense. Potato. Yeah, thats it. Potato.

You head for the rec room and get yourself a big heaping bowl of all the deserts mixed together, practically nothing but a giant glob of sugar, and flop down on the couch next to some guy you have never seen before who is watching the news.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: June 20, 2012, 12:17:50 pm »

Exit the VR. Move to the computers and search for more information on the Exotic and Unconventional weapons, like unusual and effective ways of using them for combat and techniques to make a better use of any of their side effects. Try to find any researches about the psychokinetic amplifiers. And if is there is a way of using one to generate shockwaves. Oh, almost forgot, look for any possibility to increase the human body's speed and power in a permanent way without using synth-flesh.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: June 20, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »

Seeing that that failed utterly, Jim instead moved his attacking foot around so it was about stomach-height to Feyri and attempted to kick her backwards.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: June 20, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »

Head for the workshop and convince someone to soup up my bed for me.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: June 20, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »

((What is that workshop Mesk keeps looking for?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 20, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »

(I was under the impression there was a place to make stuff outside of Tinker?)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: June 20, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »

(I was under the impression there was a place to make stuff outside of Tinker?)
((Umm...Not as far as I remember. There are the barracks, armory, briefing room, rec room, hangar (I think our equipment lockers are there) and infirmary and that is it for us. Or at the very least, that is what I remember from the ship's layout. The rest is off-limits for the convicts.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »

(( So far, I believe the armory goes for the place where you can 'convince someone (very specific someone) to make a custom modification for you'. Well, you could also ask the residing tinkerers... of which, I believe, Bishop might be available pretty soon. Though you might prefer to ask someone else, I guess ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2979 on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

Exit the VR. Move to the computers and search for more information on the Exotic and Unconventional weapons, like unusual and effective ways of using them for combat and techniques to make a better use of any of their side effects. Try to find any researches about the psychokinetic amplifiers. And if is there is a way of using one to generate shockwaves. Oh, almost forgot, look for any possibility to increase the human body's speed and power in a permanent way without using synth-flesh.
[Int:5] You scan through the net, easily cutting through the crap and lies to find the real info.  There's not a whole lot you can find about the more unusual weapons, partially because they're high end military tech but also because, well, in the case of Amps and Field manipulators there's just not much information around. Nothing about how they're made or what goes into them or anything really beyond mentioning that they do indeed exist.  How weird.

As per your search for ways to increase your strength and speed, most of them seem to be related to various robotic enhancements, not surprising considering the ant-genetics laws. But maybe the Doctor will have something in mind.

Head for the workshop and convince someone to soup up my bed for me.
There's the research lab guys, if thats what you're thinking of.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 20, 2012, 05:05:12 pm »

((  :o  It's official, Bishop is one hardcore muthafucka. Needles to the bone marrow is VERY painful, so not letting out a single scream is quite impressive.))

Needles never really bothered Bishop, he had to have plenty of shots before in the tech corps so he was kinda used to them by now. Those ones he just had now had hurt, definately, but his mind was elsewhere through the whole proceedure. He took the towel offered and nodded.

"Thanks doc. If you come up with something that will work for what I asked earlier, let me know."

Wiping the blood off his body, he was tempted to test out his new healing abilities but then he remembered he already had a injury that he could examine.

Move a bit of my hand wrapping to take a look underneath to see how fast my hand is healing and head back to the infirmary, wiping the blood off as I go. Count the seconds it takes to see any notable change.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 20, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

Travis notices one of his crew mates joining him in watching T.V.

"See this guy? This hopelessly insane, homicidal cereal killer? I bet he's better off than we are. At least he gets on T.V. and a little fame"

Travis sighs.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 20, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »

"He looks a bit like a potato. What's 'Endive', anyway?"

>Watch TV, eat sugary goodness.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2983 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:14 pm »

((  :o  It's official, Bishop is one hardcore muthafucka. Needles to the bone marrow is VERY painful, so not letting out a single scream is quite impressive.))

Needles never really bothered Bishop, he had to have plenty of shots before in the tech corps so he was kinda used to them by now. Those ones he just had now had hurt, definately, but his mind was elsewhere through the whole proceedure. He took the towel offered and nodded.

"Thanks doc. If you come up with something that will work for what I asked earlier, let me know."

Wiping the blood off his body, he was tempted to test out his new healing abilities but then he remembered he already had a injury that he could examine.

Move a bit of my hand wrapping to take a look underneath to see how fast my hand is healing and head back to the infirmary, wiping the blood off as I go. Count the seconds it takes to see any notable change.
I feel I must point out, as the description said, that this isn't super mutant healing powers. You can't just watch the flesh...well you could but it would be very slow...heal itself. It's less "Wolverine" and more "Extreme resistance to bleeding combined with superhuman but not supernatural regeneration" Basically, wounds that take a week to heal now take a day, losing a limb or two isn't a death sentence, and you'll never end up like mesk or milno are. There's a few other fringe benefits too, but You'll have to figure them out yourself.

Travis notices one of his crew mates joining him in watching T.V.

"See this guy? This hopelessly insane, homicidal cereal killer? I bet he's better off than we are. At least he gets on T.V. and a little fame"

Travis sighs.
Heh heh, Cereal killer.

"He looks a bit like a potato. What's 'Endive', anyway?"

>Watch TV, eat sugary goodness.
You eat a few big spoonfuls of sugary goo. Woooo boy that is a lot of sugar. You can't stop twitching.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 20, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »

Pulling the bandage back in place, Bishop shrugs and tosses the towel onto a nearby bed for the doctors to pick up and leaves.

Head to the rec room and check shit out.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 2101