_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932907 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2955 on: June 19, 2012, 09:15:08 pm »

The pair entered the rec room, Feyri taking one side while allowing Jim the far corner.

As they sized each other up, Feyri nodded. "Fair play."

Spar action: Drop down and deliver a leg kick while moving to the side

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 19, 2012, 10:08:01 pm »

"Sounds cool. I'll have to look into that later."

Bishop paused in thought for a moment, looking at his hands before looking back up to the armory master.

"One last thing, do you know of any strong and tough materials that can be intergrated into human tissue without impeding it's function?"

After recieving the answer for my question, return the scouteye for however much tokens I can, then buy the Fibroblast Enhancement Therapy and head to the doctor for the required therapy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 19, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »

"Hey, so, uh, how long am I going to be immobile for?  'Cause I kinda have this thing about being mobile.  I like walking."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2958 on: June 19, 2012, 11:06:08 pm »

The pair entered the rec room, Feyri taking one side while allowing Jim the far corner.

As they sized each other up, Feyri nodded. "Fair play."

Spar action: Drop down and deliver a leg kick while moving to the side
"If you would like, but I would advise caution: these arms came from a berserker, and I haven't had much time to adjust to them. They will be much stronger than my previous set, and I don't want to hurt you." Jim stood and looked at his hand. "...But at the same time I would welcome a chance to test them. Lead the way whenever you are ready, Fey."

First action for the spar, if it happens: Use a half-power shove to push Feyri and get an idea of the strength of these arms.
[Feyri dex:4]
[Jim dex:5+1]
[Jim str: 4+1]
Feyri begins to drop down and swing a kick at Jim's leg when Jim executes a double open hand shove directly into her chest. [End:6] She skids backwards several feet and drops to one knee, all the air knocked out of her lungs in an instant. She immediately tries to stand and then drops to both knees, gasping.

"Sounds cool. I'll have to look into that later."

Bishop paused in thought for a moment, looking at his hands before looking back up to the armory master.

"One last thing, do you know of any strong and tough materials that can be intergrated into human tissue without impeding it's function?"

After recieving the answer for my question, return the scouteye for however much tokens I can, then buy the Fibroblast Enhancement Therapy and head to the doctor for the required therapy.
"Uh, well I know the changeling mask is pretty strong...but thats something else entirely. Probably something you'll want to bring up with the doc. I'm sure he'd love to try a few things."

You turn in the scout eye for 1 token and buy yourself A Fibroblast Treatment. The Armory master hands you a little yellow card with "Admit one" written on it.

"Take that to the doc, he'll know what to do."

You take the card to the Doctor who examines it for a moment before slipping it into his pocket and nodding at you. "Will take a while. Process is...intensive. You are ready now?"

"Hey, so, uh, how long am I going to be immobile for?  'Cause I kinda have this thing about being mobile.  I like walking."

"Perhaps you should not have broken your spine then." A doctor says as he walks up. "I'll get you a roll-a-bed. You won't be able to do much but you'll at least be able to cart yourself around."

He comes back a few minutes later with a rather expensive looking bed thing- minus the mattress- and he and a few others help move your mattress, and whatever is under it on your back, to the bed. The doctor points out the controls to move the bed around and then leaves.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:08 pm »

Jim looked at Feyri, then at his arms. After a moment's though, he calmly folded them behind his back. "These arms are stronger than I thought... I'll try not to use them too much. Are you up for continuing?" he asked, watching Fey for signs of actual damage. "If you're feeling unwell, I can carry you back to the infirmary..."

Should Feyri wish to continue, Jim will wait for her to approach and then try to sweep her legs out from under her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »

Bishop leaned away slightly from the doctor, feeling nervous. This man was dangerous, not in the shooting or tearing you to bits way, but dangerous nonetheless and he felt uneasy letting the man mess around with his body.

"Uhhh... Before we start, I was wondering if you knew of any materials that are strong and tough and can be intergrated with human tissue, particularly that which makes up organs, to strengthen them against damage, particularly against weapons fire and stuff like that, while not impeding their function? Cause it would be pretty helpful if there was a treatment that could do that for us field grunts so we don't die so easily. I'M NOT VOLUNTEERING FOR TESTING, not right now anyway, but it would be interesting to know."

Once I get my answer, submit to the treatment and brace myself for the worst.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2961 on: June 19, 2012, 11:43:14 pm »

Bishop leaned away slightly from the doctor, feeling nervous. This man was dangerous, not in the shooting or tearing you to bits way, but dangerous nonetheless and he felt uneasy letting the man mess around with his body.

"Uhhh... Before we start, I was wondering if you knew of any materials that are strong and tough and can be intergrated with human tissue, particularly that which makes up organs, to strengthen them against damage, particularly against weapons fire and stuff like that, while not impeding their function? Cause it would be pretty helpful if there was a treatment that could do that for us field grunts so we don't die so easily. I'M NOT VOLUNTEERING FOR TESTING, not right now anyway, but it would be interesting to know."

The doctor, who had been already heading for the backroom, stops and looks at you, his head slightly cocked. "Sub-dermal armor plating?" He tilts his head back and nods a bit to himself. "Possible. Maybe. Possible. Problem is rejection. Needs substance the body accepts. One not harmful. Difficult."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: June 19, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »

((Titanium. One of very few bio-compatible materials, but it works.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:50:43 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »

"Woo!  Watch out, world!"
Wheel around like a madman.  A paralyzed, bedridden madman.
"Hey, ship brain guy!  Is this one of those ships with light-uppable walls that show you where to go to go places?"
Look for the workshop, with or without help.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:54 am »

"I wouldn't really know of such materials personally, I handle machines and not organic stuff. And when you say armor plating, I was thinking more along the lines of a mesh imbedded into the tissue, but whatever is more effective I guess. Can you run some tests and see if you can come up with suitable substances and methods of protection? I'm sure someone of YOUR caliber would be able to handle such a task after all."

Follow the doc and expect the worse for the treatment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 20, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

"Come at me, Jim!"

Jumping axe kick!

((Now we have a good healer!))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:46:55 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 20, 2012, 01:54:59 am »

((Only for myself, not for others. I can't heal anyone else, but don't need as much treatment/downtime anymore.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 20, 2012, 03:10:35 am »

>Mug Bishop the moment he enters the hall
((Damnit, he got away! If only I'd posted sooner... :( ))

Charro finally removed the pillow from his ears and glanced down at his tokens.
"Huh..." He frowned a bit. Only five? Had he counted wrong? Not quite the payout he'd been hoping for, but at least he still had his rifle and scout-eye. Or did he?
'Argh, it's so hard to remember... Can't concentrate.'
Infact, thinking hard about anything was kinda strenuous lately. Weird.

>Determine if I've still got my laser rifle and scout eye.
>Also, rate my post-brain-damage stupidity on a scale of 1 to 10.

Still clutching his pillow in one hand, Charro walked unsteadily off to the cafeteria to get himself some comfort food- The delicious mixture of everything on the dessert menu. Then it's time to watch some television.
>Grab a tray of disgusting/delicious mixture from the cafeteria, then go watch TV.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:31 am »

((I think Bishop looted Charro.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: June 20, 2012, 06:35:56 am »

((I think Bishop looted Charro.))
((I pity Charro.  :-\))
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 2101