_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931489 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2985 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:13 am »

Heh heh, Cereal killer.

(( ::)))

"A potato? What? I...you know what, whatever."

Travis pauses.

"Endive is the serial* killer. Though I only just started watching."

Learn more about this mysterious "Endive" by continueing to watch
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:20 am »

((Oh gods I cannot wait to get back into Tinker. Why is it that the moment I get in on a mission I get so many good ideas?

The idea that brought this up: Chlorine Trifluoride. In a bullet. Burn through ANYTHING, man! Just don't rattle your magazine around too much... otherwise, well, burn through ANYTHING! happens to you.

It's also impossible to extinguish and makes a large cloud of Hydrofluoric acid. HF is nothing to sneeze at, I bet it could even go through our suits, not even counting the hole in our suits and flesh from the fire.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:40:32 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:28 am »

((If you can come up with a way that can hold such ammo safely without it going off when we are running around with it, then that would be interesting to test on our suits in Tinker.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: June 21, 2012, 05:45:14 am »

((It'll be safe in the bullet, so long as there is absolutely NO contamination in the chamber it's in, whatsoever. In other words, manufacturing it will probably be hell.

But man, the stuff can burn through asbestos, sand, ceramics, glass, plastics, in a vacuum, is more oxidising than oxygen itself, several fire retardants accelerate it, and the others have no effect.

The Germans were researching its use before WWII. They found it was an effective incendiary weapon/poison gas. The Soviets captured the N-Stoff factory at Falkenhagen before it was used, though.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:50:22 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:39 am »

((Bishop got the bone marrow treatment.

That is very, very...wow. Confirmed, he is a Bastard now. In the other [our] sense.))

Feyri would try to evade any attack Jim did and counter with a knee to the crotch. Because close-range.

Edit:
Head to the rec room and check shit out.
((You know piecewise would roll for what kinds of shit you would see, right?))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:34:21 am by Tiruin »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: June 21, 2012, 07:40:30 am »

Yeah, almost nothing. That always happen when you look for military technology in the internet. But we have an armory room here, so maybe a person there can tell me something. If the person in the armory doesn't know, then nobody knows.

Renen looks for the doctor and asks him Do you have any idea for body improvements without robotic assistance? He only asks, but doesn't accept anything the doctor may offer. Then he goes to the Armory room and asks Can you give me any futher information about the field manipulators and amps? I would like to know their uses better before I go into battle. To anybody who may be there.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: June 21, 2012, 09:08:05 am »

((You've got a point there. Time for something more productive.))

Head to the armory master and ask her if she knows anything that could help keep suits airtight when punctured other than the iris method in the mark 2.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:31 am »

((@Zako: You could try the sealing gel layer idea I tried to use on the MkIII's rocket pods. It did not work on the pods because the rocket fuel ignited anyway due to heat, but I think it will work alright if it is just sealing. It was bound to be my next improvement so the MkIII can get more reliable.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:23:01 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: June 21, 2012, 10:21:24 am »

((You could probably have it as an upgrade or a stand alone suit if it works. If I can combine stuff like medical substances or something that causes it to harden on exposure to force or pressure, then it could be a layer of armor underneath the armor. Maybe the armor plates overtop of it could be detachable and a medic could use their supplies to heal wounds THROUGH the gel?

Food for thought...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2994 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:33 am »

Heh heh, Cereal killer.

(( ::)))

"A potato? What? I...you know what, whatever."

Travis pauses.

"Endive is the serial* killer. Though I only just started watching."

Learn more about this mysterious "Endive" by continueing to watch

Endive is apparently simply the name of the area in which the serial killer is hunting, rather anti-climatic really.  Whoever the killer is, no one is sure, they've been stalking, killing, disemboweling and stringing their victims up in trees near the location of their next attack. It's become quite a little sensation as, no matter what the police do, the killer always seems to be able to kill again. This last time they had a 5 block perimeter and curfews for the area around the body, to no avail. This time they've gone all out with infrared scanning, seeker drones, even a few civic defenders. The anchor woman mentions an online betting pool related to the events before the coverage cuts to a commercial.

Pulling the bandage back in place, Bishop shrugs and tosses the towel onto a nearby bed for the doctors to pick up and leaves.

Head to the rec room and check shit out.
You slip the bandage back into place and head out of the infirmary and back to the rec room. A guy you don't recognize and Charro are sitting on the couch, watching tv and the VR machines are oddly empty. There's a man in coveralls carrying away the last bits of the broken tables as well.

Yeah, almost nothing. That always happen when you look for military technology in the internet. But we have an armory room here, so maybe a person there can tell me something. If the person in the armory doesn't know, then nobody knows.

Renen looks for the doctor and asks him Do you have any idea for body improvements without robotic assistance? He only asks, but doesn't accept anything the doctor may offer. Then he goes to the Armory room and asks Can you give me any futher information about the field manipulators and amps? I would like to know their uses better before I go into battle. To anybody who may be there.
You head to the Doctor and ask him about self-improvement.

"Maybe. Need new test subject. Try things on. You volunteering?"

You shake your head briskly and then head to the armory. You ask the armory master about Field manipulators and amps.

"Anything specific?" The armory master asks, eyeing you.

((You've got a point there. Time for something more productive.))

Head to the armory master and ask her if she knows anything that could help keep suits airtight when punctured other than the iris method in the mark 2.
You leave the rec room and head to the armory master, cutting in front of Renen as he thinks and asking your own question.

"Well, the old suits, ones not made for war mind you, used an internal layer of expanding foam. If the suit was punctured it would puncture the inner layer and the foam would expand nearly instantly and seal the hole. "

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: June 21, 2012, 11:24:14 am »

"Cool, that sounds interesting. I'm trying to come up with ways to give better protection against decompression if someone gets their suit punctured, I was thinking of some kind of resealing gel that hardens against impacts and protects against environmental dangers.

Do you know of any other ways that could do the same thing as the foam or of ways that can help protect a person from stuff like radiation, electricity, temperature changes and so on?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: June 21, 2012, 11:53:23 am »

((@Zako: Yeah, but tokens are also a slight problem. The layer of sealing gel itself could already get expensive, and I plan on some more other additions to the MkIII. Including the exploding pods problem.

I'm also curious as to no one have ever tried to research the armory master's background in the Internet or VR files. She was sent to the HMRC for a reason, and she could have been anything before being sent to work for the Corps.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: June 21, 2012, 12:06:19 pm »

Well, I would like to start with the microwave manipulator and the kinetic amp because I will probably use them. After that, I don't have any other in mind but could give some tips in general? Renen says.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:08:48 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: June 21, 2012, 12:11:14 pm »

((Judging from her previous skill demonstration, she's probably from something military based, possibly Black Ops judging from how many missions she's survived. It would also explain why she didn't leave, the government just wouldn't let such a valuable soldier just walk away, and not to mention one that probably knows a lot of dangerous information too. She most likely had to stay or get killed the moment she left the ship.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: June 21, 2012, 12:12:55 pm »

((Yeah, but it is piecewise we are talking about. Remember Stefano? What I mean she could have been anything is that we don't need to jump to conclusions. Stefano was a farmer before having all the military knowledge implanted into him and actually surviving the Altered Wars.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 2101