_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937102 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2490 on: June 12, 2012, 12:00:56 am »

((May- If he's on his back, there's a position that'll pin him that I think you'd like - a grappling mount. I learned that one myself when I did Taekwondo that had some Brazilian Ju-jistu mixed in, and it was most effective at pinning an opponent that was on his back.

I have to agree with SC- pinning him is a priority. You pin him, you control the fight.))

Sorry that ended so quickly, I didn't expect grunts packing gauss cannons to try and rake the altered off our AMBP's back...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:03:58 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 12, 2012, 12:01:34 am »

(XD I don't think you can splash someone from the ground.

((Yes, but my sort of lamish line of reasoning is that a reverse splash should get me back on my feet, possibly ending with a short running start.

I know it doesn't make any sense...))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 12, 2012, 12:17:22 am »

(Ah. Then you may want a kip-up / kick-up, I've heard it called both. It should get you back on your feet quickly. After that I suggest a headlock to wear her down for a bit.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:25 am »

"All right, let's give this a try."

Test fire rifle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 12, 2012, 06:39:55 am »

Lift Lukas and then powerbomb him, then mount him.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 12, 2012, 07:28:27 am »

(That is a good point... although now I'm sure TCM and Grunhill are going to be going for extra arms the minute they get the tokens. XD Myself, maybe I should look into Doc Ock style appendages. Those things are damn useful. Especially if you put kinetic amps in your knuckles. Then you can just grab some poor bastard by each limb, dangle him in the air, and pulverize him with a couple of punches.)

((Well, Renen is a perv sometimes - although just his perv side showed up on the ship- and he is not the type that likes to fight with lots of extra limbs. And I think his perv part probably wouldn't like the idea of being a spider just for groping boobs.))

FUCK...this didn't go so well. I will try to not make the fire ball so close. Last chance, after this we'll see if I can remember some of those moves I saw in that class.

Try again, creating the fireball a little far from his body. Do it, shoot and control the ball after shooting. After that, reset the simulation and come back with four Kinect Amps, one in each limb.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2496 on: June 12, 2012, 01:23:22 pm »

Uppercut him.
[Dex:4]
[man Dex:3]
[Str:2]
You uppercut the man pretty nicely, but you can't put the power behind it needed to take him down.

You're both starting to get exhausted.

Looks like it ended from somebody having a Gauss cannon and me not specifying... Argh.

I'm going back to Tinker real quick to put together some of the finer points of the design that I found will be needed in the sim, care to join me?

Pull the design back up in Tinker, add an autoloader mechanism, fed from ammo racks that are accessible from the inside of the vehicle, in case we want to load alternative ammunition for a shot.

Pull up my design of the RGH-KP rifle before I converted to a bullpup layout, and increase the caliber to .75 and change the magazine to a disintegrating-link belt-fed, with the rounds stored in a box on the weapon like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Marine_M249_Fire.jpg, designed to hold 500 rounds. As well, convert it to have a full-automatic firing mode. As well, include a mounting point for a bi- or tri-pod.

((You'll see where I'm going with this eventually. And yes, buckshot-like rounds for the LESHOs. Probably would be more like canister shot, though. A whole bunch of ball-bearing sized bits of metal in a frangible casing that shatters as it leaves the barrel, and it would need to conduct electricity too...))
Alright, lesho loading system done.

Increasing caliber of the rounds means you'll have to increase the size of the coils, of the rocket engines, the amount of power needed. Belt fed means it will need a new firing mechanism to accept the belt. Full automatic means it will need even more power working simultaneously.

That bipod/tripod though, thats easy.

Experiment with unmodified laser rifle on various materials, fiddling with any apparent settings or modes in the process.

Using extensive testing you discover the intensity and diffusion knobs and their function. At the highest intensity and lowest diffusion  the rifle can cut through just about anything, but it sucks up battery like crazy.

You both swing at each others throats with your arms, attempting to take each other down. You both miss, but Lukas manages to trip and fall, landing in a pile.

((okay, let's see what wikipedia has in store for us today))

Since Lukas is on the ground, do a reverse big splash. Then try to perform a backflip, landing on May's shoulders with her head between Lukas's legs. Use harsh language in the process.
You...what? You want to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8pHma2iAY from where you are on your stomach? How does that work?

(( One more stupid death of my character :D ))
That was... quick. Uh.  ???
Return to the joint tinker space.
Using the innermost layer of the battlesuit (together with the reflective coating of the an upper one, if for some reason it lacks that coating), make an armored version of the suit helmet (Mk III, if there is any difference) and an armored vest with mid-length faulds (both the front and the back).
Check if the exoskeleton always has to reboot to enable/disable 'exaggerated movents'; test the required user's reaction time to utilize that mode effectively.

Did I say that the battle suit has a reflective layer? I don't remember that...because it shouldn't have one.

A thicker helmet, a vest and armored skirt are all possible, but it's gonna slow ya down a bit, make you less dextrous. As per the rebooting, it would be possible to bypass that in two ways, either by adding another computer to the system thats already running the exaggerated program  so you can just switch which you use, or by using a more powerful computer so you can do the same thing as 2 computers, but with a partition rather then an entirely new computer.

"All right, let's give this a try."

Test fire rifle.
You fire the gauss rifle. It has a heck of a kick.

Lift Lukas and then powerbomb him, then mount him.
Uh, we'll wait for Lukas to stop attempting to levitate himself up off the ground.

(That is a good point... although now I'm sure TCM and Grunhill are going to be going for extra arms the minute they get the tokens. XD Myself, maybe I should look into Doc Ock style appendages. Those things are damn useful. Especially if you put kinetic amps in your knuckles. Then you can just grab some poor bastard by each limb, dangle him in the air, and pulverize him with a couple of punches.)

((Well, Renen is a perv sometimes - although just his perv side showed up on the ship- and he is not the type that likes to fight with lots of extra limbs. And I think his perv part probably wouldn't like the idea of being a spider just for groping boobs.))

FUCK...this didn't go so well. I will try to not make the fire ball so close. Last chance, after this we'll see if I can remember some of those moves I saw in that class.

Try again, creating the fireball a little far from his body. Do it, shoot and control the ball after shooting. After that, reset the simulation and come back with four Kinect Amps, one in each limb.
Sure you want to do that? You've basically run out of will points so you're just gonna cause a feedback event at this point.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 12, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »

"Well. First this I see is that it has a nice kick to it. I think I have an idea on how to correct that. Lets look at the action first though."

Examine the gauss rifle's action.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 12, 2012, 03:49:04 pm »

No problem, Nick. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that a mere 1/16th kiloton charge caused that (compared to the 10 kiloton charge mentioned in the entry).

(( It doesn't have reflexive coating? ??? Does it mean that the layers themselves are reflective, or is it that the mighty battlesuit is actually vulnerable to (not even the high-end) energy wepons? ))
Test how well the battlesuit stands against the cutting laser and against the laser rifle set to minimal diffusion and maximum intensity (forego the limited capacity of the laser rifle battery for the duration of the test).
Hmmm, yes, too cumbersome.
File away the vest with the armored skirt and see if the helmet on its own is heavy enough to slow the wearer down.
Examine the Civic Defender's longcoat as well as the Protectorate suit.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:53:22 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 12, 2012, 04:12:33 pm »

((@Nikitian: With a breastplate made of part of the Battlesuit's chest wafer (less thick than the thing itself), Milno's MkIII would be able to stand up to one minute of laser rifle fire according to the GM. So I think the Battlesuit's armor is still very effective simply because it is hard and thick.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 12, 2012, 04:19:53 pm »

Try to throw him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2501 on: June 12, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

"Well. First this I see is that it has a nice kick to it. I think I have an idea on how to correct that. Lets look at the action first though."

Examine the gauss rifle's action.
The firing action of the gauss rifle seems to consist of loading the shell from the magazine, placing it in barrel-the actual action of how it slips the shell up through the coils and then repositions it is quite an ingenious little mechanism- and then charging the coils before firing.

No problem, Nick. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that a mere 1/16th kiloton charge caused that (compared to the 10 kiloton charge mentioned in the entry).

(( It doesn't have reflexive coating? ??? Does it mean that the layers themselves are reflective, or is it that the mighty battlesuit is actually vulnerable to (not even the high-end) energy wepons? ))
Test how well the battlesuit stands against the cutting laser and against the laser rifle set to minimal diffusion and maximum intensity (forego the limited capacity of the laser rifle battery for the duration of the test).
Hmmm, yes, too cumbersome.
File away the vest with the armored skirt and see if the helmet on its own is heavy enough to slow the wearer down.
Examine the Civic Defender's longcoat as well as the Protectorate suit.

(1/16th kt shell fired from a massive gauss cannon directly into the relatively weaker entrance hatch of the tank? Yeah, yeah thats not anything to scoff at.)
The battle suit's armor is actually quite interesting in the way it gets around having to have a fragile reflective layer to protect it from laser fire. You should try examining just the metal of the armor closely.

A helmet wouldn't be too heavy, but might be a little bit awkward because you're wearing a giant metal helmet.

The Civic defender's long coat looks, for all intents and purposes, like a normal long coat; about 5 foot long, designed to either be worn open or closed and wrapped around the body. It's got a heck of a lot of pockets, long sleeves, and a high collar.

The Protectorate suit is a full body jumpsuit that leaves only the head, hands and feet uncovered. The fabric of the suit is something very thick and heavy feeling, and as you look at it closely you swear you can see what look like hair thin strands of silvery material running through the black fabric. Small metal plates, hundreds  of them, carefully shaped and designed not to interfere with movement, cover everywhere except the joints. The entire thing is quite heavy and would probably be cumbersome to anyone not of rather herculean build.

Try to throw him.
[dex:5-1]
[man dex:4-1]
[str:6-1]
You grab him by the wrist and, in a masterful flurry, flip him into the air and flat onto the ground.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:47:03 pm by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 12, 2012, 04:47:57 pm »

Face stomp.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 12, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Milno checks how much it would cost to upgrade all of the MkIII with plates similar to the 3-token chestplate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 12, 2012, 06:14:00 pm »

((@Nikitian: With a breastplate made of part of the Battlesuit's chest wafer (less thick than the thing itself), Milno's MkIII would be able to stand up to one minute of laser rifle fire according to the GM. So I think the Battlesuit's armor is still very effective simply because it is hard and thick.))
(( Yeah, I remember that - just wasn't sure if there was or wasn't additional reflective coating thrown in the design. Also, I'm uncertain, what does that plate consist of? I thought it was made of a few layers, so the number of those would differentiate your design (clearly the original one, which I shamelessly try to imitate :) - I hope you don't mind )) from mine (which has just a single layer), but is it that way, really?))
(1/16th kt shell fired from a massive gauss cannon directly into the relatively weaker entrance hatch of the tank? Yeah, yeah thats not anything to scoff at.)
(( Oh, I see. Didn't know where it hit, actually.))
Examine closely the battlesuit layers' material and composition.
See if it's possible to shrink the metal helmet down to something more wieldy.
((I mean, why is it that much bigger? It's just one layer of the battlesuit, and it's not like I took the battlesuit helmet as it is (if it has any helmet at all, with it being more of a mecha than a regular suit). Actually, how thick is one layer of the battlesuit?))
Check the price on the protectorate suit.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 2101