_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936291 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2475 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:26 pm »

(Not sure if I should get extra arms or not. I don't use conventional weapons, so it's not like I really need them... but on the other hand, they could really come in handy sometimes. Like, say, right now in the current mission. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 11, 2012, 09:57:57 pm »

((True... though, to be fair, having multiple arms in case your partner chops some of them off seems to be treating the symptom, not the cause. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: You could "work that better", just like Tiruin asked.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »

(That is a good point... although now I'm sure TCM and Grunhill are going to be going for extra arms the minute they get the tokens. XD Myself, maybe I should look into Doc Ock style appendages. Those things are damn useful. Especially if you put kinetic amps in your knuckles. Then you can just grab some poor bastard by each limb, dangle him in the air, and pulverize him with a couple of punches.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: You could "work that better", just like Tiruin asked.))
((Oh, you.))

((Caellath: Basic description of our team: The Bastards?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: June 11, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »

(That is a good point... although now I'm sure TCM and Grunhill are going to be going for extra arms the minute they get the tokens. XD Myself, maybe I should look into Doc Ock style appendages. Those things are damn useful. Especially if you put kinetic amps in your knuckles. Then you can just grab some poor bastard by each limb, dangle him in the air, and pulverize him with a couple of punches.)

((Ask the Doc for what he gave me, then modify it a bit for the amps.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:58 pm »

(Hmm? Nah, I don't want replacements. I'd want the appendages coming out of the ribs or on either side of the lower spine, with the amps in my fists. ^^^ All the same, I do remember the doc hooked you up with something similar. I wonder how much they cost, or if I could snag them for free for being a more willing test subject.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2482 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:20 pm »

Snap kick him in the face.
[dex:5]
[man dex:4]
[str:5]
You snap your foot up into the man's chin. It's a glancing blow but still a powerful one.
[man end:5]
The man doesn't seem at all effected by it though.

Examine components and layout of a laser rifle.
The laser rifle is fairly basic; just the battery, laser emitter and a barrel of focusing chambers.

Nik, don't even think of stopping, if any more of those buggers get on, we're screwed.

Gunner, I'm closing the hatch so we can take a brief moment to reload.

Shut that door, counting on the powerful hydraulics to break anything in their way.

Flip my radio to general channels in the sim, so that soldiers outside can hear.

All soldiers outside, this is the AMBP Prototype, if you can see us, please assist, we're covered in Altered and cannot rearm our main armament until the outside of the vehicle is secure. Do not hesitate if you think that you'll hit us, this thing has some damn thick armor. However, when I give the order, you'll need to cease your fire at any Altered on us so we can open the rear hatch and clean up the rest ourselves.

Make a note while waiting for the gunner to finish reloading and get back in position, look into alternative ammunition that would work like buckshot, so that if two AMBPs are near each other and one gets covered in hostiles, the other can "scratch its back", killing the hostiles on the outside while not being able to penetrate the massive sloped armor of the AMBP.

Also, silence my outside microphone so that the massive amounts of noise from our rifles doesn't distract me.
(When you talk about buck shot are you talking about for your rifle or for the rifles mounted on the tank?)
You hit the hatch close button  and continue to fire till the hatch is closed. You and the gunner reload as you slap the external intercom button and deliver your speech.

"You know," the gunner says, slipping a magazine into his rifle, "That may not be a good idea. Some of those guys have Gauss can-"

The rest of his words are lost as the world blooms white.

Game over.

Keep the 'tank' moving.

(( Now, has my character ever seen (or heard of) a tank (other than in his ancient history classes, I mean, which he mostly skipped)?
Also,
Search through the database for current equivalents of the old tread system used on armored vehicles.

Also reshape the ARSC's body to be more rectangular, rather than wedge-shaped, and add a rotating armored mount on top, shaped like a hexagon but with the front elongated. Also, the sides of the vehicle and armored mount are sloped to 45 degrees inward.
Adding treads, reshaping the entire thing, adding that mount and all that is gonna be a bit...well intensive. You'd practically be just building an entirely new vehicle using the original for spare parts. You can do it, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot.

You create your ideal vehicle in the simulation via a liberal amount of help from the computer.
Was the treads system installed, or not? For it wasn't really stated in the action post, and resolving action post is ambigous on that part. ))
His simulation seems to have exploded. Oh dear.

Attack Lukas with a flying Clothsline.

Attack May with a Crooked arm lariat

((Whatever the hell that may be))
[May dex:5]
[Lukas dex:6]
You both swing at each others throats with your arms, attempting to take each other down. You both miss, but Lukas manages to trip and fall, landing in a pile.

And no, the rocket pods would not allow us to fly.  ;D
(( Are you sure;D
Because, as I just checked the armory lists, piecewise keeps the distinction between the rocket pods which allow to fly and the jump rocket systems which have a set amount of jumps (and don't confer the ability to truly fly) pretty clear. Well, in this particular situation, I would've appreciate even the latter of the two.
Though that thread system is probably much cheaper, yes (in addition to all other advantages you mentioned). ))
The standard one can fly, just very poorly. It's not really designed for it so it has a bad habit of flipping, crashing and otherwise going wacky when people try to use it for things beyond the norm.

"Huh. Boring. Back into the VR. Let's see what I can do to improve my rifle. Maybe, if I... no, there is no way I could jury rig something like that. Bah, I'll just look at all the weapons."

Enter VR, pull up a scroll list of weapons, and select a gauss rifle.
You materialize a Gauss rifle in the VR machine.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: June 11, 2012, 11:07:38 pm »

Uppercut him.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: June 11, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »

Looks like it ended from somebody having a Gauss cannon and me not specifying... Argh.

I'm going back to Tinker real quick to put together some of the finer points of the design that I found will be needed in the sim, care to join me?

Pull the design back up in Tinker, add an autoloader mechanism, fed from ammo racks that are accessible from the inside of the vehicle, in case we want to load alternative ammunition for a shot.

Pull up my design of the RGH-KP rifle before I converted to a bullpup layout, and increase the caliber to .75 and change the magazine to a disintegrating-link belt-fed, with the rounds stored in a box on the weapon like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Marine_M249_Fire.jpg, designed to hold 500 rounds. As well, convert it to have a full-automatic firing mode. As well, include a mounting point for a bi- or tri-pod.

((You'll see where I'm going with this eventually. And yes, buckshot-like rounds for the LESHOs. Probably would be more like canister shot, though. A whole bunch of ball-bearing sized bits of metal in a frangible casing that shatters as it leaves the barrel, and it would need to conduct electricity too...))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:36:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: June 11, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »

Experiment with unmodified laser rifle on various materials, fiddling with any apparent settings or modes in the process.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

You both swing at each others throats with your arms, attempting to take each other down. You both miss, but Lukas manages to trip and fall, landing in a pile.

((okay, let's see what wikipedia has in store for us today))

Since Lukas is on the ground, do a reverse big splash. Then try to perform a backflip, landing on May's shoulders with her head between Lukas's legs. Use harsh language in the process.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: June 11, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »

(( One more stupid death of my character :D ))
That was... quick. Uh.  ???
Return to the joint tinker space.
Using the innermost layer of the battlesuit (together with the reflective coating of the an upper one, if for some reason it lacks that coating), make an armored version of the suit helmet (Mk III, if there is any difference) and an armored vest with mid-length faulds (both the front and the back).
Check if the exoskeleton always has to reboot to enable/disable 'exaggerated movents'; test the required user's reaction time to utilize that mode effectively.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: June 11, 2012, 11:46:48 pm »

((okay, let's see what wikipedia has in store for us today))

Since Lukas is on the ground, do a reverse big splash. Then try to perform a backflip, landing on May's shoulders with her head between Lukas's legs. Use harsh language in the process.
((And to think you said Lukas wasn't interested.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: June 11, 2012, 11:49:19 pm »

(XD I don't think you can splash someone from the ground. I'd recommend you try a drop-toe-hold to bring her to the ground as well, or failing that, getting up a slight bit and going for a double leg takedown could also work. Either way you need to stand up, and preferably take her down at the same time.

And since it's not fair to only offer Lukas advice...

If I was May I would use the opportunity to stomp on him, or perhaps go for a cross arm breaker. If he's on his stomach instead of his back, a rear naked choke might also be an idea. This being May, you could also lick the back of his head while you're doing that. Your top priority, though, should definitely be not letting him get back to his feet or take you down; while he's on the ground, it's basically your game.)
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 2101