_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922960 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2190 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:58 pm »

((This is Milno looking for any excuse to take her down. He would devote every waking moment to thinking of such a thing. Of course.))
((I say this is very well done, Sir. I lol'd.))
(Then my efforts were successful. ^^^)
* SerCon is kind of a clown half the time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 07, 2012, 05:11:48 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: Only the time he spends awake? But Nikitian got a point. He could -try- to do it right now, but portraying Faith to the rest of the team as a drooling, berserking monster seems funnier.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:13:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2192 on: June 07, 2012, 06:27:45 pm »

Well, whatever. She can be a berserking moron, but at the very least she can pick her targets...But she may still be a hazard in a mission if her systems are damaged.

Try once more, but this time with Faith without the arm she uses to activate her berserk mode. If it fails, try checking which kind of damage and how extensive it needs to be for her to start killing anyone.

((This is not Milno looking for a very good excuse to take her down. He would never, ever think of such a thing. Of course.))
Did you mean activate it and then remove her arm or remove it and then see what happens?

Look for any way to harden the circuitry, if I can find any, abandon the fusion instigator and spawn a pair of LESHO rifles, examining them for anything out-of-the-ordinary.

You take another look at the Fission Instigator again. It looks like the battery and entire gun basically destroy themselves upon firing. It would be possible to make it not fall apart, but it would need a complete overhaul, replacing nearly every part with much higher grade alternatives.

Nibble on Thomas's ear.
You nibble on Thomas' ear with your penguin beak.

Enjoy the show.
You cross your arms behind your head and relax as May chews on you. Ahhh, there's nudity all around you. Lovely.

(( Well, I guess it's kinda easy to take me for a technician, with all that tinkering and all  :P
Also, just to make sure - are the bots firing, or not?))
Status report, team.
Fire at the monster once again (still in long pulses).

((This is not Milno looking for a very good excuse to take her down. He would never, ever think of such a thing. Of course.))
(( Well, yes, of course! Milno doesn't need such a trifle as an excuse. Because he's  the damn Honey Badger, after all. ))
[con:4+1] You rake a glowing yellow gash across the carapace of the charging beast. It doesn't seem to have any effect. The Creature is close now, blooming to cover the entire horizon before you. You can see the men it is hurling up into itself, hear their screams, and feel the continuous shake of the ground beneath a thousand elephantine legs.

Load unarmed berserk mode Faithbot versus unarmed but hostile robots. Observe results.

Load berserk mode Faithbot armed with kinetic amplifiers versus hostile but unarmed robots. Observe results.

(we're using cyborg robots here, not pure ones.)
Faithbot unarmed vs robots is a strange thing. Faithbot struggles valiantly against them but she's still human, or at least simulated human, and her strikes can do little against solid metal.

The kinetically amplified faithbot is another story entirely. The robots don't stand a chance as her blows tear them limb from limb and nut from bolt.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:50 pm »

Did you mean activate it and then remove her arm or remove it and then see what happens?
((Try both. Also keep checking for how much damage and where the damage has to take place for her to get out of control.))

((@IronyOwl: I already expected that. Faith with kinetic amplifiers is just like Eric, but less resilient and with less arms. If Faith takes the K-Amps, I doubt any convict will be able to take her one-on-one.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:35:54 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:20 pm »

((Yeah, but I'd rather not rely on berserk mode cause of the damage. Maybe if I got that fibroblast quicker-better-healing enhancement, but even then it'd be a limited resource per mission.

That said, I'm currently leaning towards crowd shock gauntlets for living things and either kinetic amplifiers or a monoatomic razor for otherwise. Normally I wouldn't even consider the amplifiers, but I'm not sure the razor benefits from extra strength.))

Test Faithbot with kinetic amplifiers and no berserk mode versus a robot.

Test Faithbot with monoatomic razor against a robot, first with no berserk mode, then with berserk mode. Compare all three situations.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 07, 2012, 06:48:50 pm »

((I think monoatomic does benefit from berserk simply because she'll move like a ninja. The razor's biggest problem is getting to hit something with it, and Faith's berserk mode grants her more dex.

Have you ever thought how the GM planned to show her berserk mode? I mean, she went crazy when Elisaz pulled her pants down. What if he hadn't done that, how would it be revealed? The first time Milno snarked at her after the second mission's end? During a mission, effectively forcing the team to put her down?

@GM: The question above, I'm curious.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 07, 2012, 06:52:24 pm »

((Good question. I'm thinking they would have done some testing eventually; it seems unlikely they'd let her go on a mission without knowing what, if anything, was wrong with her, but I could be wrong. I could also be wrong about the trigger strength, but I'm thinking it would have taken a lot more than just seeing an enemy or hearing some snark.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:06 pm »

Thomas smiled. Finally, he could relax, and he was back in his environment.

"Hey, who wants some vices?"

He pulled out the two types of liquor and cigarettes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:18 pm »

((@Spinal_Taper: I think the GM may come up with an addiction mechanic (especially for those cigarettes), so you should avoid overdoing that stuff.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 07, 2012, 07:19:06 pm »

((@Spinal_Taper: I think the GM may come up with an addiction mechanic (especially for those cigarettes), so you should avoid overdoing that stuff.))
((I'm thinking about experimenting with all the various vices, to check their various effects.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 07, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »

Spawn a pair of LESHO rifles, examining them for anything out-of-the-ordinary.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 07, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »

"I don't smoke...but I wouldn't mind a good drink."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 07, 2012, 08:22:26 pm »

"Well, I've got one that makes you think your body parts are abandoning you, then one that's just alchohol."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »

"I'll try the first one."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2204 on: June 07, 2012, 09:11:26 pm »

((Try both. Also keep checking for how much damage and where the damage has to take place for her to get out of control.))

((@IronyOwl: I already expected that. Faith with kinetic amplifiers is just like Eric, but less resilient and with less arms. If Faith takes the K-Amps, I doubt any convict will be able to take her one-on-one.))
Plus it has the added thing of meaning she'll take less damage from her berzerking, since she won't need to break her fists against people to take them down. She'll still tear muscles and otherwise ruin her body through exertion, but she won't pulverize her forearm trying to stiff arm a tank.

Without the arm she can't seem to enter the berserk mode.

Activating it and then removing the arm results in her berserking for around 30 seconds before returning to normal.

((Yeah, but I'd rather not rely on berserk mode cause of the damage. Maybe if I got that fibroblast quicker-better-healing enhancement, but even then it'd be a limited resource per mission.

That said, I'm currently leaning towards crowd shock gauntlets for living things and either kinetic amplifiers or a monoatomic razor for otherwise. Normally I wouldn't even consider the amplifiers, but I'm not sure the razor benefits from extra strength.))

Test Faithbot with kinetic amplifiers and no berserk mode versus a robot.

Test Faithbot with monoatomic razor against a robot, first with no berserk mode, then with berserk mode. Compare all three situations.

Razor gets no str bonuses, no.

As per your test with your own robo-self: Your unmodified self fights about as well as you'd expect a mostly competent young woman to fight against a cyborg. You hit pretty often and dodge a good deal but the damage varies wildly, both with razor  and Kinetic amplifier.

In berserk mode, even when your increased strength doesn't count for much, you hit more often and do more damage. (berserk mode has a +2 uncon wep, like erik did)

((I think monoatomic does benefit from berserk simply because she'll move like a ninja. The razor's biggest problem is getting to hit something with it, and Faith's berserk mode grants her more dex.

Have you ever thought how the GM planned to show her berserk mode? I mean, she went crazy when Elisaz pulled her pants down. What if he hadn't done that, how would it be revealed? The first time Milno snarked at her after the second mission's end? During a mission, effectively forcing the team to put her down?

@GM: The question above, I'm curious.))
It would have popped up pretty much any time she got badly injured, very scared, very angry. Could have resulted in her suddenly and violently killing 5 enemies or maybe just tearing milno's head off if he jumped out and yelled boo.

Thomas smiled. Finally, he could relax, and he was back in his environment.

"Hey, who wants some vices?"

He pulled out the two types of liquor and cigarettes.
You gave the Xeno spit to whats his name remember? Guy who chased his arms around. Still got the cig and standard booze though.

Heh, oh there are effects. There  are always effects. Part of this game is dealing with the effects that build up as you continue, such as Mesk's new pain killer addiction or Ivan's slow decent into a horrible mutant superman.

Spawn a pair of LESHO rifles, examining them for anything out-of-the-ordinary.
Why 2?

You spawn two lesho rifles and immediately drop one to the ground as the other drags your to your knees. Fuck a doodle doo thats heavy. You take a look at the rifle. [int:6] Hmmm looks like this rifle has the ability to call in orbital laser fire to where ever the round lands.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 2101