_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5947116 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hipster? I kind of don't understand how that could be worse. Oh wait, I just realized it is actually worse.

On the bright side, that means no more sex (or tiger molesting, for that matter) for Elisaz. I guess.))

((There is no more Elisaz. He's dead. Like you all expected him to be.

This also means there a vacuum left for team depraved ominsexual.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((Please do not fill it. Also active imagination. CANNOT BE UNSEEEENNNN.))

"Huh? No ammo loss? That's weird. Lets try that again."

Fire 10 more 5 second burns.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Elisaz ripped the note off of his neck. Except it was no longer 'Elisaz'. Or a 'him'. It was something new. Different. Terrifying. Angelic. Looking at itself, it decided it would be simpler to be female. [/i][/color]

((I am very curious about finding out what sort of deranged thing happened here.  ;D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Elisaz ripped the note off of his neck. Except it was no longer 'Elisaz'. Or a 'him'. It was something new. Different. Terrifying. Angelic. Looking at itself, it decided it would be simpler to be female. [/i][/color]

((I am very curious about finding out what sort of deranged thing happened here.  ;D))

((Read back a few pages. Skim over the rest. Nod in partial understanding, then return to this note.

Then hit yourself with the horror that unfolded.

TCM makes it horrifying and brilliant at the same time. Now why does he want black hair?!))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((I am still reading both threads from the beginning on. Switching back and forth between them based on the dates of the posts. I am at page 133 and 12 at the moment - interesting fight with Erik going on there. I'll get to all the sickness in due time. Now, I will sleep.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Glad to have you back, and enjoy your well-earned rest.

Also STILL can't stop laughing. Elisaz has certainly come to the right place. :P

Finally, what's the difference between a cyborg and a robot?

EDIT: Actually, does "wrist pad" refer to the berserker controls or some sort of watch-like thing?))

Faith glanced down at the message. That was odd... the Doctor must have finished processing her tests.

...or needed to conduct more. Hopefully just the first one.

Exit VR. Report to infirmary.
(The wrist pad is basically a wrist watch sized computer, like a calculator watch, that has many functions including acting as a communicator.

And the difference between a robot and cyborg is that one has a human brain controller and the other is purely artificial.) 

You exit the vr machine and head to the infirmary. The doctor is standing in the center of the room, hands clasped behind his back, waiting for you.

"Data helpful. Not enough. Need more. It overrides brain tissue. Know that. Need to find way to reverse effect. Testing possible solution. Need subject. Come, we do it now."

He putters away, still mumbling to himself, waving for you to follow him.
((You're awesome as always, piecewise  :D
Also, why +1 to intimidation and -1 to persuasion? I mean, some people like dolls and/or musical voices. Oh, and porcelain dolls are quite fragile, so he might look vulnerable and thus worse at intimidation, but better at... pleading, perhaps? Which is definetly a subset of persuasion. ))
Awesome. Yeah, you got me here, Game Master. Shouldn't have trusted the filthy xenos machinery. So, per the Third Maxim, "When in doubt, shoot it."
Warily advance down the corridor, again. If I see that 'diamond' again, or anything (other than walls/floor/ceiling and comrades), shoot it. (If the lights are off again, switch them on.)

(( Also, welcome to the 'Corps, Prosperus :) Always good to meet a fellow volunteer ;)
As for reading - I would strongly advise you to wake up your character right now. Believe me, when you're at tinkering (and, as a Tech, you will most likely want to play with it), there's always not enough time. And as you settle in, take your time and read the whole story. It's damn worth it. ))
You spin on your heel and advance back down the corridor, intent on shooting things rather then being shot by them. You see the metal sentinel, hovering in the center of the hallway, as it was before. [con 4+1] You aim and fire, the invisible laser beam lancing out and sweeping across the sentinel, carving an deep gash across it and severing one of it's corners. It immediately blooms open again and screeches as it charges, swirling spikes and cubes clearly focused on you.

After a long and dreamless sleep Lukas wakes up, blinking his eyes and moaning heavily. He looks around but it takes a while before he remembers where he is. "So Lukas, you've actually decided to do it in the end", he thought to himself. "Stupid man.". Lukas rubs his forehead in a futile attempt to get rid of the serious headache he has. "Must have been in here for too long or something. Now, what was that computer's name again? Stewey? Stan?...No, wait. It was Steve!" Lukas gets out of the stasis pod and stretches his arms and legs for a moment, while taking a moment to examine the room he is in. "Hello...Steve? Can you hear me? Can you tell me where I can get some pills to fix my headache? And can you also tell me where to get some food? I am starving."

Examine current room. Ask Steve for directions through the ship

((So I decided to just wake Lukas up. I have read quite some pages of the mission thread, but not the last few. Should make my first few days a bit more realistic, because I don't know what happened very recently. However, I will probably keep reading the two threads the coming time so I won't have to miss out on all the juicy parts. :P Really looking forward to this.))

>Armory master, who is, surprise surprise, in the armory, can hook you up for pills. As per food, try the mess hall. Just follow the big signs on the walls.

Elisaz ripped the note off of his neck. Except it was no longer 'Elisaz'. Or a 'him'. It was something new. Different. Terrifying. Angelic. Looking at itself, it decided it would be simpler to be female. There was no genitalia, so that was out of the way. However, her jaw felt feminine. Her hips seemed feminine, at least slightly. And her breasts, while in no way big, had a supple feeling to them that would have been out of place on males. So, a she it was. And Elisaz was not her name. Not that name associated with gratification and debauchery. She needed a name. She read the note the doctor had left, again. '"May have gotten carried away." She read it aloud. "May have gotten carried away....may have gotten....may have....may....may...." Her voice had an unearthly, heavenly ring to it. It didn't surprise her in any way. "May." It would be a good enough title, at least for the time doing.

May stood up. She looked down to see her ghostly feet blend in with the white floor. Well then. May walked, the muscles in her new body stretching and contracting for the first time, as her arms quickly found the natural sway of an upright Homo Sapien. She walked, ignoring any teammates that happened to view upon her in shock, surprise or fear. Her first stop, the Armory Master. She walked right up to the booth and flatly said, " I want a vocal amplifier....and black hair."
She looks at you for a moment, as though trying to place your face, but then shrugs.

"A black wig and...what do you mean vocal amplifier? You want a microphone?"

((Please do not fill it. Also active imagination. CANNOT BE UNSEEEENNNN.))

"Huh? No ammo loss? That's weird. Lets try that again."

Fire 10 more 5 second burns.
You try firing it several more times. It seems like the intensity of the beam varies randomly.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Okay, that isn't really what I want. Unless... no. No it isn't. Lets take this apart and see what the problem is."

Explode the defective rifle, and explode a new rifle to compare the two.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

One step back, and the team may be fried again.
Dive & roll towards the sentinel (try to move out of its apparent field of fire). If the rifle has recharged, shoot the thing again. Unless it is destroyed by that time by either my shot, or some comrade's timely intervention, strike the sentinel from the underside (where, ideally, I should be put by that maneuver) or from whatever position I'm in if it is withing my reach. Otherwise... smile as it burns me away.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:19:20 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May stares at the Armory Master in curiosity. "To what extent can that microphone amplify voices? And a black wig would suffice."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Watch it, Nik!

Melt that Metal Sentinel with my Field Manipulator.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith sighed in resignation. She should have known that wouldn't be enough.

"But, it still won't be harmful, right...?"

Follow Doctor. Submit to further testing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just for asking: Do you think there is a way someone in a shunt can be stopped aside from exhausting their battery? It seems that they could simply stop even acid dead on its tracks. I was planing something to launch various globs of corroding substances at high speed and checking if the shunt user can deflect them.))

Milno checks if at least his shell loaded with Doomsday and the timer system can safely kill someone in a punctured Shunt. If the Shunt dummy keeps Neo'ing his shells, he changes the timer until it does its job. He also closely analyzes the suit itself and checks for any weak spots.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Okay, that isn't really what I want. Unless... no. No it isn't. Lets take this apart and see what the problem is."

Explode the defective rifle, and explode a new rifle to compare the two.
It looks like the circuit that controls intensity has a few crossed wires.

Watch it, Nik!

Melt that Metal Sentinel with my Field Manipulator.
[uncon: 3-1-1] You key in a sequence and hit execute. The screen fills with red error text and the machine beeps excitedly. Bubbles of heat several feet across begin appearing randomly around the room, swelling, glowing white hot and the bursting in less then a second. One of these bubbles appears around Nik's upper body, swells, glows brightly and pops. His legs and the charred stump of his upper body slump to the ground as your field manipulator buzzes and resets.

The metal sentinel reforms into a diamond and seems to become dormant again.

May stares at the Armory Master in curiosity. "To what extent can that microphone amplify voices? And a black wig would suffice."
"uh, to the extent of a microphone? It will make it loud but not deafening or dangerous."

Faith sighed in resignation. She should have known that wouldn't be enough.

"But, it still won't be harmful, right...?"

Follow Doctor. Submit to further testing.
The doctor leads you back into the isolation room and motions for you to lay down. You flop down on the bed and he begins attaching a rather large metal contraption to your head and hooking up what look like high voltage cables.

"It alters tissue. We will try to alter it back. Yes. Machine takes scan of brain. Every few seconds. When abnormalities detected it activates. Purges compromised brain, replaces with copy of old one. Army uses similar thing for clones." He twists a few of the cables in and pauses for a moment. "Of course army is full of semi-sentient brute soldiers...doesn't matter. Should be fine. Yes. yes."

He locks the machine in place on your head and goes to leave the room, pausing at the door.

"Questions before beginning?"

((Just for asking: Do you think there is a way someone in a shunt can be stopped aside from exhausting their battery? It seems that they could simply stop even acid dead on its tracks. I was planing something to launch various globs of corroding substances at high speed and checking if the shunt user can deflect them.))

Milno checks if at least his shell loaded with Doomsday and the timer system can safely kill someone in a punctured Shunt. If the Shunt dummy keeps Neo'ing his shells, he changes the timer until it does its job. He also closely analyzes the suit itself and checks for any weak spots.
Well, once again you're assuming that shunts will always succeed. In the hands of the armory master they will but against anyone who isn't a god dang master with them they're just as fickle as any weapon. Doomsday will work just fine against pretty much any roll except a 5 or 6. The shunts also have another big flaw, a rather massive one actually, but you've never found it because you've always fought against dummies in a test zone.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May stares at her blankly. "I'll just take the wig. Do you have any material or device to change eye color? And do you have any implantable vaginas?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith's eyes went wide, and she sputtered for a moment before finding the right questions.

"B-b-h-wh- what makes you sure this is safe?! I-is there any chance of anything going wrong? Isn't purging parts of my brain dangerous?!"

"And do you have any implantable vaginas?"
((See? STILL ELISAZ! :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 2101