_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923777 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Hi Caellath, and thanks for the warm welcome. :) I was probably gonna read it anyway. It is like watching a movie I can't look away from. :P It is gonna take me some time though. I think I will try to catch up on the story first and then wake up my character. Does that sound good?))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hi Caellath, and thanks for the warm welcome. :) I was probably gonna read it anyway. It is like watching a movie I can't look away from. :P It is gonna take me some time though. I think I will try to catch up on the story first and then wake up my character. Does that sound good?))
((Sure. Good reading and see you soon, in the ship, I guess.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Hoorah! Glad to see a fellow Tech around! Though, I can't say that, I'm a mercenary. :P

Also, first time to see an actual volunteer, that's pretty brave of you.

Story, in skeletal form:

Also, wake up your character on the ship, Prosperus. He shouldn't [in a meta way], know much of what happened. You can read up after awakening, piecewise is a patient man. Steve is a patient AI.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:47:06 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, first time to see an actual volunteer, that's pretty brave of you.
((We already had around two to three volunteers, the first one being Adrian. That Adrian. And you should not screw his surprise. Telling how the movie ends is pretty boring.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Spoilered and edited. Also, I meant the living members. Other than Nikitian. Um, wait...yep, only them.

Also, I love how piecewise named our whole character list on the main thread. And, hah! I have that blue pill!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Hey man, good to have you aboard. Only a few rules: 1: Don't, whatever you do, piss off the armory master. You will either die or be flayed apart and left alive as a warning. 2: Don't try to kill the others, or Steve may shock you. Although the others might get to you first.

Also, it is nice to have another Tech, more weapons and stuff for the team, I say!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Also, it is nice to have another Tech, more weapons and stuff for the team, I say!))

((My two cents, Technicians are the blood and bone of the HMRC, for they give everyone else better 'innovations' to their equipment to try out. All in the VR Machine.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Also, it is nice to have another Tech, more weapons and stuff for the team, I say!))

((My two cents, Technicians are the blood and bone of the HMRC, for they give everyone else better 'innovations' to their equipment to try out. All in the VR Machine.))

((You'll need to drag me out of there if you ever want me to go on missions. Otherwise, I will stay safe and comfortable in my VR box designing weapons of mass awesomeness.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Hello people,

I have been following this thread for a few days. I haven't been able to read up on every post yet (it is quite a lot of course) but I really got totally carried away by the RP story you guys are putting together. I would really like to join in so I prepared a character sheet. For me RP is still quite new but I hope that is okay with you. Is it possible to still join? And what do you suggest in terms of reading up on the story? I have been reading from the start (currently at about page 110 of the mission thread). Should I just read the last pages of both the mission thread and the on-ship thread? Anyway, here is my character sheet:))
((I'd definitely recommend reading the last 10-20 pages (that qualifies as "a few" around here) or even just keeping abreast of everything from now on while you work on digging through the rest of the game. It's got some absolute gems, but it's long, and in most cases it's not necessary for proper functioning.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I've been driving for like 9 hours and I'm pretty damn exhausted here guys, so my responses may be a bit curt tonight, but the good news is I'm home and tomorrow, after I've slept the aches out, I'll be be back to a more...obsessive reply system.
"M-mission accomplished, I guess," Faith said, staggering to her feet. She'd proven she could actually do things in combat. That was a nice feeling.

"Now for the alternative..."

New duel, Faith vs mindless faceless robot mook. Faith with MKII and monoatomic razor, mook with laser rifle.

When duel starts, rush robot and attempt to chop things.

When you say "robot" you mean a jim like cyborg or a full robot?
Because that makes a difference.

"Right then. Now lets see how this works."

Test fire the rifle, with a one second burn, to a five second burn.
You fire it at two targets, first for one second and then for 5. The first target has a nice molten hole melted through it and the shot drains a good chunk of the battery. The second shot barely even nicks the target and doesn't seem to take any ammo. Huh.

Sure.
Poke the thing (in its center or somewhere around) with the tip of the bayonet - slightly, without applying strength.
If it reacts, stop doing that (move the bayonet back a bit (less than an inch) and freeze). If continues reacting (such as if it suddenly went from 'stand-by mode' to 'extermination of the intruders'), shoot it, for, thankfully, the weapon should still be aiming squarely at the 'diamond', and move to the side to let the comrades do their part.

You poke it ever so gently with your bayonet. It immediately unfolds into a screeching, whirling mass of geometric shapes. You move back a half an inch and then freeze. Your first instinct proves fatally incorrect as the Metal Sentinel fires an instant later, vaporizing not only you but the teammates behind you, its massive cannon turning the thin hall into a killing floor.

You and your teammates reappear a moment later, back at the start of the hall. Milno, judging by the metal claw pressed to his forehead, is less than impressed.

considering the fact that i just read eon. . . . . . . indicate to the surgeon that i want to be pictoboted. . . . .  utilizing a small holographic projector that i can hook myself up to.
Who would you like to talk to about this? There are several options really, and the exact results may vary depending on who you ask for help.

Go through the operation.
Through a series of grunts, horrifically painful hand gestures, and morse code via convulsions, you indicate that you would like your body, the ruined husk of a black man, to be turned into that of a young, athletic, white woman. The doctor looks at you blankly for a moment before nodding and injecting something into the tank.

[Misc "OH GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THIS" roll:1]

You wake up some time later, face down in the pile of refuse laying in one corner of the mess hall. You sit up groggily and look yourself over. You're white...very white. Like, porcelain doll white. In fact, that pretty much describes you completely now: You're nothing but a vaguely feminine but overall androgynous mutant. You have no genitals to speak of, no hair, no finger or toenails, your eye color has become white, and your voice is a strange, lilting thing, almost musical and resonant, like a flute at the bottom of a well.  There is a note hung around your neck with a bit of string. It reads "May have gotten carried away."

[Bonus?: Inhuman visage: You may be human on the inside, but on the outside you're something else entirely. +1 to speech rolls attempting to intimidate, -1 to those attempting to persuade]
((Hello people,

I have been following this thread for a few days. I haven't been able to read up on every post yet (it is quite a lot of course) but I really got totally carried away by the RP story you guys are putting together. I would really like to join in so I prepared a character sheet. For me RP is still quite new but I hope that is okay with you. Is it possible to still join? And what do you suggest in terms of reading up on the story? I have been reading from the start (currently at about page 110 of the mission thread). Should I just read the last pages of both the mission thread and the on-ship thread? Anyway, here is my character sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

))

Got the sheet, welcome aboard.

As per where to start...I suppose you could start without reading anything for a true RP experience, since your character would be being thrown blind into this, but reading to get a basic idea of the world will help as well. Your choice. I'm sure the other players will point you along your way if you need help as well.

((Hey man, good to have you aboard. Only a few rules: 1: Don't, whatever you do, piss off the armory master. You will either die or be flayed apart and left alive as a warning. 2: Don't try to kill the others, or Steve may shock you. Although the others might get to you first.

Also, it is nice to have another Tech, more weapons and stuff for the team, I say!))
Oh, he can kill the others all he wants, steve doesn't give a crap about that as long as they don't botch a mission because of it. On ship you can be shanking each other with your own severed arm bone stump things and he wouldn't care.

>Faith.

Your wrist pad buzzes with a message from the doctor. "Come to infirmary".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Glad to have you back, and enjoy your well-earned rest.

Also STILL can't stop laughing. Elisaz has certainly come to the right place. :P

Finally, what's the difference between a cyborg and a robot?

EDIT: Actually, does "wrist pad" refer to the berserker controls or some sort of watch-like thing?))

Faith glanced down at the message. That was odd... the Doctor must have finished processing her tests.

...or needed to conduct more. Hopefully just the first one.

Exit VR. Report to infirmary.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:00:30 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((You're awesome as always, piecewise  :D
Also, why +1 to intimidation and -1 to persuasion? I mean, some people like dolls and/or musical voices. Oh, and porcelain dolls are quite fragile, so he might look vulnerable and thus worse at intimidation, but better at... pleading, perhaps? Which is definetly a subset of persuasion. ))
Awesome. Yeah, you got me here, Game Master. Shouldn't have trusted the filthy xenos machinery. So, per the Third Maxim, "When in doubt, shoot it."
Warily advance down the corridor, again. If I see that 'diamond' again, or anything (other than walls/floor/ceiling and comrades), shoot it. (If the lights are off again, switch them on.)

(( Also, welcome to the 'Corps, Prosperus :) Always good to meet a fellow volunteer ;)
As for reading - I would strongly advise you to wake up your character right now. Believe me, when you're at tinkering (and, as a Tech, you will most likely want to play with it), there's always not enough time. And as you settle in, take your time and read the whole story. It's damn worth it. ))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:18:41 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Presumably because it's freaking creepy. Shock-white, lacking identifying human details, and with a voice that doesn't sound right? Yeah, that's definitely the kind of thing you keep a weapon ready for and decline to follow into darkened hallways.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( It's beautiful! Vulnerable, porcelain-white androgynously beautiful angelic creature, who has no of those crude marks and details those barbaric humans have, and who has a musical voice that does sound exactly right! Perhaps if she had hair (or even without it), Pygmalion would die for her.
Now, yes, if I knew it was actually the same old Elisaz, I would definetly have a weapon ready for him. But you do have a point: perhaps, it's the kind of creepy inhuman beauty? Seems rather likely, yes.
Still unsure how my character would react to Elisaz, though; I mean, he knew him as a good comrade and he also happens to like operas... *scared with possibilities*
Also, looks like Elisaz has beaten all of our guesses. He came out of the operation completely genderless!))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:58:10 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( ...
Also, looks like Elisaz has beaten all of our guesses. He came out of the operation completely genderless!))

((Oh the implications this entails...

My eyes burn with a fiery hate. Dolls. Walking, androgynous dolls. Congrats Elisaz, you are now the figurehead of HMRC.  :P))
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 2101