Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 98

Author Topic: Things that made you Penguin today. <( ' >' )>  (Read 216734 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Mental images of people here.
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2012, 10:30:23 am »

Anyone with a pony / female (manga) avatar is of course a woman.
I'm not a lady but I play one online.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2012, 10:37:08 am »

Obviously not all poniedwarfs are actually women, as that would make Bay12 have a higher percentage woman users than babyandbump.com.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2012, 10:37:17 am »

Hrm... I tend to just speed-read through. I suppose I do read it in a voice, but it's just a rather dull, neutral one.
I'm usually listening to my own thoughts, which are of course in a a more... 'Clear' version of my own voice. I don't mumble in my own head! :P
As for image, well, I mostly imagine your avatar's, I suppose. If I've RPed with someone I'll probably imagine them however I imagined the first character of theirs I encountered... Which can be kinda awkward if they were playing a completely different role/genger/lifeform to what they actually are, heh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:03 am »

The first time player Left 4 Dead 2 I didn't realize the fourth character is always female so I thought that the person who played her was a girl.
That was pretty awkward.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:22 am »

99% of people with anime girl avatars are actually men.
Shoes...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:09 am »

My personal experience is closer to ~60%, while ponies are closer to ~95%.

For the anime avatars it probably has more to do with where you go on the internet than anything. The otakus aren't exactly a male dominated club.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:19 am »

99% of people with anime girl avatars are actually men.
They're actually G.I.R.L.s

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »

As some other people have said, I usually see people as there avatar, or in the case of Deon and RedKing, as their former avatar. Anyone with a pony / female (manga) avatar is of course a woman.

RedKing is a wacky Chinese dude with an ATF vest.

Most are a mixmatch of their avatars, user names and whatever they might have divulged about their personal lives in their posts that I still remember.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 02:31:12 pm »

I think for the most part I only end up getting mental images of people I deal with regularly. And for two of those I have good ideas and voices at the very least, and a very questionable snippet of voice from Aqizzar.

Yeah dude I still remember what you're talking about.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:41 pm »

Yeah dude I still remember what you're talking about.

Maybe I'll try Livestreaming, and then you'll get the full experience.  The full, rich, slurry, throaty experience of me laughing at nothing, wheezing, and sounding like my mouth is full when it is in fact not.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 03:34:18 pm »

My mental image of Truean:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How did you get my picture?? How!? :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 03:37:15 pm »

Dutchling always watching you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 03:40:05 pm »

Most people I just associate with their avatar, excepting Vector, who I always thought was a woman with big round glasses and a blonde ponytail. However, there is this wierd thing where I associate some people with an avatar they no longer have, or their character in an RP. Like BDthemag, who I associate with a kermit doll.

Everyone's voices is made up on the spot, and most of the time subsequently. Unless they are like Phantom's voice, which I always remember as a gasmask-covered voice, or Aquizzar, who sounds like vin diesel for some reason.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 03:50:22 pm »

I frequently find myself imagining people as being shadowy figures that spend all their time in dark, smoke filled, monochrome rooms, and may or may not ask each other behind closed doors, "What do we do about the proletariat problem?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:52:07 pm by Pnx »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2012, 03:53:22 pm »

I frequently find myself imagining people as being shadowy figures that spend all their time in dark, smoke filled, monochrome rooms, and may or may not ask each other behind closed doors, "What do we do about the proletariat problem?"
Only on the weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 98