Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98

Author Topic: Things that made you Penguin today. <( ' >' )>  (Read 216883 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mental images of people here.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »

I am secretly my avatar.

Also, I imagine Aklyon as a pointy-chinned college student with dark anime hair.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

I am secretly my avatar.

Yes you are.

...why am I stating the obvious?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

Theres certainly worse things I could end up depicted as based on avatar Frumple, I suppose. And also better things, since I'm not a girl.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

You are all your avatar. Those without avatars are seen as interchangeable.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »

I don't have mental images of anyone, really- even those whose appearance I know, and the same thing happens with voices; I don't have any voice that pops up, I just read words and extract information with my eyes, even for those whose voices I know.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:34 pm »

Blargityblarg possesses a Geordie accent, Truean has an unnaturally high pitched tone and Jackrabbit always sounds like s/he's just sucked a bong through.  No idea why for any of them.  Everyone else (who has posted in this thread) sounds the same to me, and I'm generally more aural than visual.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:19 am »

I seem to have inadvertently been the muse for this thread? :P

Heard Vector's voice on her livestream; seen her.... Kinda.... doesn't work for this then. Miss her.

Aqizzar is Brock Sampson in my mind. Has been in my head for years. It's largely the avatar. Also his no nonsense nature. Don't ask me why he's one of the only people I do voices in my head for. I read so fast I usually don't have time to do it with other things, truthfully.

Otherwise sometimes an accent will slip in, especially for the English and Belgians (a la Capt. Duck's videos), when I'm keeping people's posts separated in my head.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2012, 01:11:12 am »

Heard Vector's voice on her livestream; seen her.... Kinda.... doesn't work for this then. Miss her.
Wait, what happened to her now?
Hello Hunam

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2012, 01:13:30 am »

Blargityblarg possesses a Geordie accent, Truean has an unnaturally high pitched tone and Jackrabbit always sounds like s/he's just sucked a bong through.  No idea why for any of them.  Everyone else (who has posted in this thread) sounds the same to me, and I'm generally more aural than visual.

I... clearly don't sound as cultured as I try to pretend I am.
Duuuude.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2012, 02:34:26 am »

Aqizzar and Jackrabbit are the only ones that have a stand-out voice. I always imagined Aqizzar talking like a newscaster, and Jackrabbit is Max.

I usually see most people as their avatars too, except in cases of real-life celebrities, and a few other exceptions.

Frumple was always a mystery, because I don't know who's in the avatar. It's just an indistinguishable silhouette for me.
Megaman never had an image in my head, dunno why. I guess my head is saying, "He's not really Megaman."
ToonyMan changes frequently also, so I have the tendency to default to a generic 90's shonen hero.
Nenjin's avatar always looked a bit terrible on my computer, so it's just some silhouette.
Ponies are a grey area, Sowelu and whoever has hipster Rarity are the only ones that pop into my head as being the same image in my head.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 02:38:24 am »

You are all the sound of broken glass

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2012, 03:09:23 am »

Breaking glass is one of the more beautiful sounds the world has to offer.

I can't help but wonder just how much effort it would take to make a breaking glass voice transformer whatsit...

Depending on the type of glass and method of breaking, you can probably get a pretty full tonal spread, or whatever that's called. Collecting the samples would probably be fun, too, if expensive.

Be an interesting project, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 03:17:40 am »

I imagine RedKing as that insane chinese guy he formerly had as an avatar.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2012, 03:22:55 am »

Broken glass, not breaking glass.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 03:31:36 am »

Everyone looks like this to me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And everyones voices sound like the one keeping me awake when I try to sleep, exception being the tone of seriousness/silliness depending on posts
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98