Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93514 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game. Suprise update(Still in hiatus)
« Reply #435 on: June 19, 2012, 06:07:06 am »

My proposal:

1. Mutate insecticarps in a way to make it easier to hide. Simple mutation:  just change color

2) Add big silk glands to insecticarps, that can be used to spit web on the enemy, useful only in air

3) Hide from human and try to ambush land based animal(s) that comes to drink. (preferably a cat, but anything else will do. From lizards and snakes to human kids )

There are some chance that human will see us, but if he doesn't we'll get some free food = free biomass

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 19, 2012, 08:39:26 am »

A bird would be fantastic, especially if it's a songbird.  You could form a flock and you'd be protected from humans who might shoot at you or impound you if you were a cat or dog.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »

My proposal:

1. Mutate insecticarps in a way to make it easier to hide. Simple mutation:  just change color

2) Add big silk glands to insecticarps, that can be used to spit web on the enemy, useful only in air

3) Hide from human and try to ambush land based animal(s) that comes to drink. (preferably a cat, but anything else will do. From lizards and snakes to human kids )

There are some chance that human will see us, but if he doesn't we'll get some free food = free biomass
this minus human kids and cats and dogs as that would attract their attenion.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2012, 11:09:50 am »

PTW, and:
I would say stay in the pond for now. Repopulate it with photosynthesizing plants and leave them here long term as a fortified "base" if you will that basically does nothing but sit here and generate energy. Also, since the human seems to like feeding the fish, make some fish for him to feed.
This, and mutate the antfish to flying spiders (dragonfly wings and silk). Also, search for frog DNA, specifically the sound-making bits.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »

...What about ambushing the human ?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »

We are in a pond, and you know what breeds in ponds? Mosquitoes. Also known as insects which routinely extract blood from and inject chemicals into humans and animals without anyone taking much notice.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 20, 2012, 01:23:51 pm »

We are in a pond, and you know what breeds in ponds? Mosquitoes. Also known as insects which routinely extract blood from and inject chemicals into humans and animals without anyone taking much notice.
We can't inject ourselves, only preprogrammed parasites.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 20, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »

I think we aren't nearly strong enough to kill an adult human... Kid may be possible, but cat or dog are easier and better targets

And we don't need to be that afraid, that human will notice that their kid\dog\cat is missing. Missing pet\kid not same as - there are monsters in my pond!

This, and mutate the antfish to flying spiders (dragonfly wings and silk)

No, it's likely too expensive, not very combat capable, and 460 5cm long fling spiders is a sure way to get noticied by humans

Antfishs are good as it is, if we build base, it needs guards, and antfishs are good for it

If you need new insects, just mutate insecticarps reproducing system and lay eggs. it's much, much cheaper then mutating something

Also we need plants in pond, but they should look natural for a human eye. Don't overdo it

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 20, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

But I think we can have the copies extract blood (containing DNA in the white blood cells) and bring it back to us. And you would be surprised at what simple parasites can accomplish.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:21 pm »

It might work, but donote that your assimilation procedure is horribly inefficient. So don't expect to get full genepools in a single second;

Also, consensus please

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:41 pm »

But I think we can have the copies extract blood (containing DNA in the white blood cells) and bring it back to us. And you would be surprised at what simple parasites can accomplish.
Heh, Planet Earth. But anyways, yeah, good idea, only how would the parasite get to us? Or would it be basically the Thing-style, and al of a sudden we get like 50 bazillion biomass?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 20, 2012, 02:27:52 pm »

With mosquito minions we would only need to get a small portion of their gene pool each time. People get mosquito bites quite often. Inserting things via mosquito is more of a long-term goal for when we can hivemind or make sophisticated enough parasites to subtly manipulate behavior.

I support making some artificial pond life for now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2012, 03:26:43 pm »

And we don't need to be that afraid, that human will notice that their kid\dog\cat is missing. Missing pet\kid not same as - there are monsters in my pond!
Also we need plants in pond, but they should look natural for a human eye. Don't overdo it

Yeah, that pretty much is it. Pond as a base! Also, mosquitoes.
(Would have liked flying spiders of doom though ;) )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »

Go with mosquito minions. After all, we already have a plant tick mouth, and it's similar enough to a mosquito's. We just need to develop pain-suppressing chemicals or something similar.

Let's exterminate and assimilate the numerous mosquito larvae and chrysalisis there are in the pond. We're in a temperate pond and not in winter, there are bound to be mosquitoes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 21, 2012, 01:35:24 pm »

I think we need a better way of communicating with minions; pheromons aren't gonna cut it forever. Thoughts?
We just need to develop pain-suppressing chemicals or something similar.
Don't mosquitoes already have those?
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38