Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game.  (Read 93516 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bioweapon: Suggestion game
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2012, 09:51:26 am »

My knowledge of animal species isn't limitless.

Let me just say that the more precise your action is, the better the chance it's succeeds. (Ie, search for frog DNa beats search for Dna and such.)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:23 pm »

Eat all of the spiders you can find in the pool, as well as any other insects near the surface. The spiders will give us the DNA necessary to form fangs, which we can make out of ant chitin. The spider DNA will also enable us to inject digestive juices into our prey, which should be more effective than the ant acid gland, albeit more expensive.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2012, 05:33:19 pm »

Eat all of the spiders you can find in the pool, as well as any other insects near the surface. The spiders will give us the DNA necessary to form fangs, which we can make out of ant chitin. The spider DNA will also enable us to inject digestive juices into our prey, which should be more effective than the ant acid gland, albeit more expensive.
Spiders are aquatic? :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2012, 05:38:57 pm »

Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2012, 05:42:30 pm »

Spiders are aquatic? :P
Some are...
Although I was talking about the ones that would be on the surface, or near the surface, of the pond. They are much more common.

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »

Whats the current size of our little bio weapon? ive got an idea for an insect it can assimilate/eat.

EDIT:Never mind,just saw,how long it was,the insect i am thinking of could add another foot,if i have the math right.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:24:44 pm by Dracken »
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2012, 06:49:26 pm »

Lay two more antfish groups, hunt large creatures (but not larger than itself) with both insecticarp and antfishes.

Attempt to develop new means of offense or defense with spider silk, namely weaved silk armor and web spray attack.  Is spider silk water resistant or not ? Although I doubt the web spray will be useful underwater...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:51:05 pm by Naryar »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2012, 08:05:13 pm »

Lay two more antfish groups, hunt large creatures (but not larger than itself) with both insecticarp and antfishes.

Attempt to develop new means of offense or defense with spider silk, namely weaved silk armor and web spray attack.  Is spider silk water resistant or not ? Although I doubt the web spray will be useful underwater...
Spider silk is not water resisistant. It undergoes super contraction in contact with water. Shrinking to 50% of it's size and begins to behave like a weak rubber, as opposed to super awsome god-like material. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_silk#Mechanical_properties .

The armor wouldn't be usefull under water either, due to the changes in the mechanical properties of the silk. If we need improved defences it would be best to invest in a stronger ant exoskeleton. However, once we get back on land, those would be usefull abilities. Maybe not the armor, as most of the strength of spider silk is tensile and not due to it's ability to absorb force, but definitly the web shooting.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:30 am »

i think that on the parasite front we could make some that activate when say adrenaline reaches a set level
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2012, 08:02:46 am »

do we have adrenaline?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2012, 10:10:39 am »

i think that on the parasite front we could make some that activate when say adrenaline reaches a set level
You can program parasites to do very simple If, then actions, but expect them to bug out evvery so often of be activated when you don't want them to. Also, if you have your parasites replicate themselves, expect mutations to occur and such.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »

do we have adrenaline?
Unless ants have a difrent nuerological chemistry than Humans, which would be news to me, and unlikely since adrenaline is pretty important, yes, we do have adrenaline.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2012, 07:04:17 pm »

+1
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:05 am »

+1
+2
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38