Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 48518 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread. Game not started yet.
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:46 am »

Calling the other Servant! Because HAHA that's why.
So, which one is it?
He said he's making his character sheet right now, so we'll know soon enough.

I'm also impatient, though. : /
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:21 am »

I'm also impatient, though. : /
Me too. It is a really promising thing. May we have his master please?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:34 am »

Spoiler: Lancer (click to show/hide)

*points out that Archer is a Swordsman Archer.* Jus' sayin.

*points out that Gilgamesh is never even seen using a bow* Jus' sayin.

:3

ALSO, FUN FACT. Heracles, in canon, is best suited to being an Archer, rather than a Berserker or anything else (He can appear as anything but Caster or Assassin, I believe)

I know my Bio is short, but it's meant to be. Muahahaha!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:48 am »

*points out that Archer is a Swordsman Archer.* Jus' sayin.

*points out that Gilgamesh is never even seen using a bow* Jus' sayin.

ALSO, FUN FACT. Heracles, in canon, is best suited to being an Archer, rather than a Berserker or anything else (He can appear as anything but Caster or Assassin, I believe)

I know my Bio is short, but it's meant to be. Muahahaha!
Yep, yep, yep. Heracles had the bow which my memory fails to tell me the name. It was granted to him after he completed the fabled tasks.

And bios for a servant are supposed to keep many things untold, lest the Servant be defeated by meta-gaming. But I can't quite get the laugh. Do you mean you'll use the fact you didn't write much to invoke Ass Pulls? :P

"Oh, look now, I HAVE THE SHIELD OF FUCKIN' DESTINY!"
"But there was nothing about that in your bi~"
"Fuck bios, I'm a Servant, bitch!"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:15:45 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2012, 09:14:51 am »

No. I'm merely stating that I don't feel like writing up my ideas currently, because where I am it's quarter past midnight, and I have school tomorrow.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:25 am »

No. I'm merely stating that I don't feel like writing up my ideas currently, because where I am it's quarter past midnight, and I have school tomorrow.
Also makes sense, but is by far less fun than my idea. :P

"Muhahahah. Gonna sleep, see ya."

Amusing mental image of you.
:3
>Yes?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:31 am »

Technically you could claim that everything in Typemoon is an Asspull. But then you have Shiki Tohno on YOUR ass. Or possibly Emiya. Or yknow what? Arcueid. Because there was no Tsukihime anime.

What more do you need?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2012, 09:21:32 am »

Technically you could claim that everything in Typemoon is an Asspull. But then you have Shiki Tohno on YOUR ass. Or possibly Emiya. Or yknow what? Arcueid. Because there was no Tsukihime anime.
...And that's not including crazy fan theories...
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:50 am »

...And that's not including crazy fan theories...
:3 Heheh. Heheheh.

I should keep my mind out of the gutter. *mumbles about Rin, Shirou, Saber and Archer*

I mean, what?

IN OTHER NEWS, I think it's time for me to go to sleep. Night yall.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:30:32 am by Talarion »

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:25 am »

Spoiler: Bisexual spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh wait, let's not touch those subjects.

I think the "rolls for stats" system will royally screw us. Can our Noble Phantasms also get stronger as we kill other Servants? Because bad rolls can be explained by faulty summoning, but I'd like to know if we could compensate for that with battle.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 09:53:14 am »

I think the "rolls for stats" system will royally screw us. Can our Noble Phantasms also get stronger as we kill other Servants? Because bad rolls can be explained by faulty summoning, but I'd like to know if we could compensate for that with battle.
If you gain absolutely horrible stats, it will be considered faulty summoning and you will regain some of your power over time. Noble phantasms don't get stronger, unless it's specifically stated in the description of that Noble Phantasm.
 Instead you can compensate with clever play. Fight the enemies when they're weak, forge temporary alliances, use the surroundings to your advantage.
 In fact, the NPCs won't be flat characters meant only to kill you. So there will be a lot of interaction and I will generally try making this feel like a hybrid of an RTD and a VN. Lots of stuff is going to work on the rule of "if that makes sense, I will allow it" and "that's actually really smart, so I will reward you". In general there won't be as many rules as there were in the last RTD since without PvP balance I don't need to think about what is fair and what's not.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

Yeah, but say I get a 4 roll on my Noble Phantasm. Can't I at least get power so it could get to the point it is roughly equivalent to the rest of NPs? Also, when you roll for my NP, poke me and I'll tell what each piece of equipment does so we can work out their strengths. I wanted to specify on the light armor and the bow.

Edit: What I mean is that I love preying on enemies when they are weak, killing them while they are down and overall playing smart.

But a mouse with brains can't fight a lion. Especially if said lion is wearing medieval armor and has a chainsaw.

Actually I know it can. Disregard what I said, brains ftw!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:10:00 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21:48 am »

Edit: What I mean is that I love preying on enemies when they are weak, killing them while they are down and overall playing smart.

But a mouse with brains can't fight a lion. Especially if said lion is wearing medieval armor and has a chainsaw.

Actually I know it can. Disregard what I said, brains ftw!
Contrary to what I've been doing with my other RTDs, in this one I want you to live. I will always make sure that there's a way for you to defeat someone or get someone else to do it for you. For example, one of the Servants will have a power that is only effective as long as you aren't prepared for it and another one will be unbeatable at pretty much everything except that one thing.
 And since I will make the enemies beatable, I will also make sure that despite what NPs and stats you get, you will still be competent in one or two specialties.
 And no, I won't let you choose the exact NPs.
 And what do you mean by specifying on armor? Is that yet another NP? Actually, I haven't started working on the characters yet, so it would be an interesting choice for you to play a "weapon master" type with lots of different lesser NPs rather than one overpowered NP. Hell, I would give you abilities and NPs that specifically focus on switching weapons as often as possible. Personally, that's much more interesting than another nuke bow.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2012, 10:38:49 am »

And what do you mean by specifying on armor? Is that yet another NP? Actually, I haven't started working on the characters yet, so it would be an interesting choice for you to play a "weapon master" type with lots of different lesser NPs rather than one overpowered NP. Hell, I would give you abilities and NPs that specifically focus on switching weapons as often as possible. Personally, that's much more interesting than another nuke bow.
Yep, I'll send you a message on that. I'll go with Weapon Master, it fits more my character's adaptive style of play.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:02 am »

Also instead of FSN's confusing "E-S, but there's also stuff like D+++ being equal to B" ranking system I will just rank stats and NPs with numbers from 1 to 5 with an extra "X" rank that pretty much means "of the charts".

Also instead of the FSN stats we will have:
Offense
Defense
Endurance
Speed
Mana
Spells
 Because Luck seemed completely irrelevant in the VN and all spin-offs and I wanted to split magic into two stats because, for example, FSN Saber would have great "Mana", but low "Spells" because she uses the mana mostly for her NPs and passive abilities.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25