Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread.  (Read 47090 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread. Game not started yet.
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:37 am »

You know what? To hell with these rolls, this wouldn't be the Nasuverse if everyone wasn't horribly broken. I'm going to have the PCs equal-ish and very badass by default and the NPCs will be as powerful as the plot demands.
 I'm having too much fun and not enough rolls with Caellath's character so instead I'm going to make everyone kick massive amounts of ass.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2012, 11:48:20 am »

Kicking enormous amount of ass sounds very good to my ears, especially because it is Nasuverse. If the Servants weren't able to destroy one third of the town with a misplaced Noble Phantasm while fighting in mid-air with sword strikes and parries while trying to rip each other's spines violently, then it would not be as fun.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:56:52 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2012, 11:52:59 am »

Kicking enormous amount of ass sounds very good to my ears, especially because it is Nasuverse. If the Servants weren't able to destroy one third of the town with a misplaced Noble Phantasm while fighting in mid-air with sword strikes and parries while trying to rip each other's spines violently, then it would not be as fun.
Spoiler: The weakest servant in this RTD will be capable of wiping the floor with FSN Lancer, Caster, Rider or Assassin. They keep getting stronger from there.
 Because, really, those four seemed hilariously weak when compared to what they were facing.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:10 am »

Great, I'm going to be very dense for information and kicking people's asses?! This will not bode well.

On that note, how does PMing your servant and vice versa, sound? Possible, or not? And PMs in general?

Edit: And here I was, thinking about making a Rider.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2012, 11:54:50 am »

Great, I'm going to be very dense for information and kicking people's asses?! This will not bode well.

On that note, how does PMing your servant and vice versa, sound? Possible, or not? And PMs in general?
No PMs. This won't be a PvP game. You can speak openly. Roleplay.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:10 pm »

PMs, as the thread may be cluttered with many voices. Though, this only happened is games where there are many people.

How many people are confirmed, as of now?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »

@Tiruin: We're only getting two Servants and two Masters, and all the Servant spots were taken.
Talarion: Lancer
Caellath: Archer
Tiruin: Archer's Master

Edit: It won't be cluttered. We'll just roleplay a lot, like in ER (actually even more). So it is all ok.

I would also like to note he was referring to the Original Game's rider, caster, assassin and lancer. In this game, all classes will be deadly.

And Rider sucks in a way because it is a class which is generally too dependant on its uber Noble Phantasm. Although in this RP I bet we're going to suffer on Rider's hands.

Also reposting my most recent posts on lore for Tiruin:
Extra bit of basic lore information:
Spoiler: Magic Crests (click to show/hide)
Calling the other Servant! Because HAHA that's why.
So, which one is it?

Information on Knight-type Servants.
Spoiler: Knight-type servants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:03:52 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »

Wow, thanks for that info dump.  :D

And, four players then. Will we be meeting others in the battle for the Holy Grail?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:04 pm »

Although in this RP I bet we're going to suffer on Rider's hands.
Everyone is going to be nasty. And I really want to spoil what Noble Phantasm RTD Rider will have, but that would ruin the fun.

And, four players then. Will we be meeting others in the battle for the Holy Grail?
You'll be on the same team. RP-wise I guess the masters should know each other.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »

I hope the RtD starts with the summoning part. Just to keep with the tradition, can Archer appear in Tiruin's character living room and break some of the furniture due to problematic summoning?
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 12:13:06 pm »

It will be full of books if you do that.

Then cue me freaking out at the strange man in my room.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2012, 12:14:11 pm »

I hope the RtD starts with the summoning part. Just to keep with the tradition, can Archer appear in Tiruin's character living room and break some of the furniture due to problematic summoning?
It does start with the summoning, but I would prefer you to not copy FSN Archer's introduction. Think something up yourself. : P
 I just don't want you t-

It will be full of books if you do that.

Then cue me freaking out at the strange man in my room.
Actually, please do!

Edit: Actually, I think Archer will randomly be summoned to Tiruin without any ritual. Because the Grail chooses the masters and because of potential hilarity.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

Edit: Actually, I think Archer will randomly be summoned to Tiruin without any ritual. Because the Grail chooses the masters and because of potential hilarity.
Excellent. Excellent.

I wish we could start this today.

Reposting my sheet with all the updates.
Spoiler: Archer (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:43 pm »

hmm, Rider seemed pretty badass to me in the later storylines of the VN. Even if she was a joke in the Fate line, and anime. And then there's the rider from Zero...

Either way, working on a character idea real quick here. :) As soon as I figure out what type of character I should be making.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »

And then there's the rider from Zero...
Zero Rider is the second most badass character in the Nasuverse, fuck the haters. : V

Edit: And also FSN Rider is probably the weakest servant.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:01:00 pm by tomas1297 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25