Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78867 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Maids have been nerfed/updated.)
« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »

I think that the idea has potential, but they are a little boring as-is, like Org said.
But then, points were a little stretched for me (hence why I left the power off). But then, that might be because I was trying to make 2 things at once.

One idea is making all armors have a default power, like weapons have. But what would it do?? Who even knows anymore
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2013, 08:59:42 pm »

If we do decide that all armors must have a power, we certainly aren't making a default one.

Personally, I like the idea that armor can be fully passive and you aren't required to slap a power onto it. But I suppose we could put it to a vote, if there's enough strong feelings on both sides.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

A default power does seem a bit excessive. Even if it was only like "standard action activation, shift one space, do not collect $200, do not pass go". It's either going to be too strong for free or too weak to be worth having around.

My opinion is that we should keep it the way it is, where not all armors need powers.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 10, 2013, 04:36:03 pm »

The doc for the Sylladex Cards has restricted access.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:32 pm »

Everyone should get back on the fanart train.

Spoiler: Choo choo biptches. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:14:19 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 26, 2013, 09:07:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This looks dead.

Is this dead? Where'd Blade go? I kind of got caught up in other things too but mostly the players seem to have lost interest.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 27, 2013, 02:36:18 am »

I'm here, but I already made an action so it doesn't feel right to make another one directly after. I've also been trying to draw but I think I had better stick to music.

Also that picture is hilarious.

And also, to make this post slightly less useless, I made a very short little preview of a thing I'm doing. The real thing is longer but it's also unfinished (big surprise there) so if I put the whole thing up, it would be pretty good at certain parts and then suddenly drop massively in quality.
(I don't use simple waves because of nostalgia, I use them because I suck)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

Boy howdy yeah, this does look awful dead. No one's posting or nothin' except for a couple of alchemy actions. I think I'm ready to call it, especially considering I've got a couple Real Life friends who've been jockeying for me to run for them, and I don't really care to run more than one at a time.

Of course, for another 8 person session, I've still got three open slots... *waggles eyebrows*

On the other hand, if there is a sudden whirlwind of activity and everybody posts their alchemy, we can keep going. But as it looks... It's done.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 27, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »

Am I allowed to blame apples for this? We're good enough friends that we can blame each other for things, presumably.

Also, dibs on the new game. Dibs like all get-out. At least you ran it until the end unlike how I just threw SUBURB off a cliff.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 27, 2013, 08:54:24 pm »

Yeah, this is pretty much dead from what I can tell. The people who are actually still interested can't do much of anything because the other half of the players are gone.

Of course, for another 8 person session, I've still got three open slots... *waggles eyebrows*
SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED TO RUN TB'S ACTUAL ORIGIN SESSI-Just kidding. I wouldn't do that.

But I could join up, since I've probably got the time. If you'll have me, that is.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »

I know it's a lot of fun for the players, and Theros did it really lightly compared to some of the other incidents, but maaaaaybe next time consider calling a GM veto against having a bunch of non-player player characters ("KM: INTRUDERS"). Or at least against them running around the actual session.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »

I know it's a lot of fun for the players, and Theros did it really lightly compared to some of the other incidents, but maaaaaybe next time consider calling a GM veto against having a bunch of non-player player characters ("KM: INTRUDERS"). Or at least against them running around the actual session.
Oh, that reminds me. I had been getting around to compiling all of this bullshit for a while, but I hadn't out of consideration for possible metagaming, laziness, and/or terrible writing capabilities.

So I present:

tl;dr version: Theros comes up with a long convoluted shitty plot that involves his even shittier old RPGs.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:00:03 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

Also, dibs on the new game. Dibs like all get-out.

But I could join up, since I've probably got the time. If you'll have me, that is.

Sweet. I was hoping you two would be up for another run. You can roll your characters at any time. I've changed the procedure though: Make two title rolls, and pick whichever you prefer of the two.

So far we have a Prince of Light (your's truly), a Mage of Void, a Rogue of Blood, a Thief of Hope, and a Page of Doom. Oh, and all humans once again.

Yeah, I'm thinking there will be a standing ban on that for this session. Talking across sessions? Maybe. But certainly no showing up and throwing the level curve out the window.

This thread is going to be re-purposed solely for the system building from this point, more or less. I'll end up making a new OOC thread for the new game. And a new main thread, naturally.

-Bona fide wall of text-

Nifty.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 27, 2013, 10:14:49 pm »

The only thing I will really miss from this game is Troy. He had the best shenanigans/in-jokes.

Neat condensed story, Theros.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45