Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63223 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:01 pm »

Most things will be a combination of skills. Note that not all mecha weaponry might be considered heavy weaponry. You could use it to punch people, which would be closecombat, for example.
As for the combination of attack skills, I accept it, but I would also like the "moving around and doing shit that isn't attacking" skill to be Driving. Mechanics should be kept for emergency repairs and things only a technician would know.
The Mech driver could know which buttons to press to eject critically damaged systems to prevent a total system failure, but he could have no idea on how to avoid said ejection with the use of technical knowledge to prevent the systems from failing.

As for Scelly's request, yeah, why not? The Godsplitter is a nice place to hang out.

If someone wants to build a fighter with a max size of 122 and submit it to me, I can put it into the ship. I predict that I'll be ready to get all this going in a couple of hours.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »

Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

"Bombardier" Short range missile
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)

It think I'm going to double all weapon damage(not missiles). They are basically unable to pierce shields as it works now. Besiders, missiles did get their fair share of buffs already.

Fakeedit: Doubled weapon damage. Further rule changes may occur during the game.

Edit: Looking at your ship, Caellath. Everything looks fine. People may join up with him if they want. (Max of 4)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:44:35 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »

It does seem I'm going with Irony then.
There are 4 player spots, not including the captain, per ship.

Caelleath has

Scelly
dwarmin
Tiruin
???

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:51 pm »

Tiruin: Medical helmswoman, can shoot at people.
Dwarmin: Fighter pilot, will shoot at people.
Scelly: Will fix shit up, also can shoot at people.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

Most things will be a combination of skills. Note that not all mecha weaponry might be considered heavy weaponry. You could use it to punch people, which would be closecombat, for example.
As for the combination of attack skills, I accept it, but I would also like the "moving around and doing shit that isn't attacking" skill to be Driving. Mechanics should be kept for emergency repairs and things only a technician would know.
The Mech driver could know which buttons to press to eject critically damaged systems to prevent a total system failure, but he could have no idea on how to avoid said ejection with the use of technical knowledge to prevent the systems from failing.

As for Scelly's request, yeah, why not? The Godsplitter is a nice place to hang out.

If someone wants to build a fighter with a max size of 122 and submit it to me, I can put it into the ship. I predict that I'll be ready to get all this going in a couple of hours.
Driving would be driving, but fixing errors and other things would be mechanics. But afterall, if someones mechanics skill is bad, I'll let him use his driving skill +penalty for it. (After all, if you know how to drive it you do pick up some things about how it works) .

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »

Yeah, to make it public that is my vote. :P

Also, Sai'oda is sort of your general ship security/boarding party/away team gal as well.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:17 pm »

Note that you don't need to do everything. You get a nice supply of redshirts from me as well.(Which then level up through yellowshirts to blueshirts and finally greenshirts.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2012, 03:48:37 pm »

I guess I'd rather go with Caelleth. He will probably get in more fights.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:35 pm »

Jesus, those small fighter/bombers are expensive little pieces of [EDITED]. Seriously, their fighter shield is necessary, but damn it is expensive. Their armor is also crippling for such small things. I'm buying them anyway :P

@Spinal_Taper: I'm getting into as many fights as possible, my captain's main goal is totally destroying the Conglomerate, which happens to be composed by some of the most powerful Private Companies of the known universe.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »

Note that you don't need to do everything. You get a nice supply of redshirts from me as well.(Which then level up through yellowshirts to blueshirts and finally greenshirts.)
Wish I'd known about this in advance; my current living accommodations are rather sparse.

Still, easy enough to fix.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2012, 03:54:42 pm »

Sounds fantastic. Need a super soldier?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

Sounds fantastic. Need a super soldier?
Sure, why not.

@GM: I am making a fighter with both missiles and a ballistic weapon, I want them to protect my heavily armored ass from other fighters. Also, it has a remote control module, just in case one of my crewmen decides to control it from the ship.

Edit: Nevermind, many bays.
Edit2: The fighters will have to protect me only with missiles. And large ones at that, it seems. GRRR. Nope.

Question for the GM: What is the viability of a fighter with a ballistic weapon? The problem I am worried about is accuracy. How much accuracy points should I put into a fighter if it will be restricted to attacking large ships from point-blank range and dogfighting other small ships?

Modular bomber model (modular meaning I can turn try to turn it into a fighter soon):
I'll probably tone that armor down to medium.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:15:36 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »

Yeah, to make it public that is my vote. :P

Also, Raelin is sort of your general diplomat/boarding party/away team medic/scout sniper as well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2012, 10:08:14 pm »

GM Question: Can I build my support ship without a radar of its own? I would prefer the data from my main ship to be relayed to the allied vessel right by its side than to have two massive energy-consuming radars.

Also: About those 15 Extra missiles my Frigate is carrying, may I have them for free? Those things are as heavy on the ship as they are heavy on my starting budget.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:32:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

Question for the GM: What is the viability of a fighter with a ballistic weapon? The problem I am worried about is accuracy. How much accuracy points should I put into a fighter if it will be restricted to attacking large ships from point-blank range and dogfighting other small ships?
Not that much, you're fighting a large ship(+25%) and from point blank(+25%)
GM Question: Can I build my support ship without a radar of its own? I would prefer the data from my main ship to be relayed to the allied vessel right by its side than to have two massive energy-consuming radars.

Also: About those 15 Extra missiles my Frigate is carrying, may I have them for free? Those things are as heavy on the ship as they are heavy on my starting budget.
Yess

Yes too, I think, I'm giving other people ammo away fo r free to.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44