Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34780 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 12: War Exhaustion][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

Help Nassharath  to reawaken, for the world needs six gods.
Awww but I wann join... if he dies can I get in. If he makes it can you consider letting me in?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 01:20:36 am »

Awww but I wann join... if he dies can I get in. If he makes it can you consider letting me in?
I'll think about it, but adding on even more god actions might get rather hectic rather quickly. If we had more waitlisters I could maybe do a rotation of some sort.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2012, 06:59:26 am »

Turn 13: Oversized Iron

"The scent of war is strong from the south."

Ferren gifts the Llen with the first hints of mathematics.  He then teaches them how to speak with the animals of the world.  If they will not defend themselves, then they shall have to develop strong diplomacy skills - even with animals.  Finally, Ferren grants them the skill to succesfully harvest the wood from the ironwood trees (without killing them, of course) to make tools and construction materials.

"Now, to name my creations.  The Turkeylike Things are Krut, the raptors on Idathoras are the Fayra, and the vicious chicken-creatures are the Vicious Chickens.  Creativity at its finest."
[5] You teach the Llen mathematics. They take well to its concepts, seeing art in numbers and numbers in art.

[3] You teach the Llen how to communicate better with animals. They can't "speak" to them in the literal sense, but they're better at communicating than most humanoids.

[5] You teach the Llen how to gently harvest as much ironwood as they need, as well as how to work the results into useable tools and materials.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+12 Power

Ressurrect.
[2] You remain dormant.

Her work in the seas done, Apotheosi turns to the heavens.

Celestial Object: Infinity Student. A great pattern depicting a master and his pupil.

Create the Shrine of Arcane Arts in the old realm, a sacred place honoring myself.
[5+1] You create a rather large constellation depicting a master and student.

[6+1] You create a towering bluish-green metal tower, like an enormous tree with a grand entrance, thrumming with magic power and whispered secrets. It's a nexus of arcane power, warping the surrounding regions even by the Old Realm's standards. At least the Fey should like it.

-8 Power, -5 Power
+15 Power

"HAHA"
I shall grant you sentiece sauri, for it pleases me to see how you will do, and keep away from caves, some other god knows whats in there
create the Corona (extremely heavy armour) and the Rock cracker (See an massive 2 handed axe with axe heads in both ends)
make sauri scales unaffected by sanguins fire, make em more lizardman-like (still strong though)
and make another custodem

[4] You grant the Sauri true sentience, as well as a slight aversion to caves.

[1+1] You create some very heavy armor. It's not very good, mind you, it's just really thick and heavy.

[6+1] You create the Rock Cracker, a two-handed, double-headed axe. It's far too large for any mortal to wield, of course- even your custodem couldn't do it, in fact- but it makes for an impressive landmark.

[4+1] You transform the Sauri's scales to be impervious to the fires of the sanguine, as well as making them a bit more humanoid. They remain muscular and bulky, but less hunched and ball-like.

[5+1] You create another custodem, albeit much larger and less graceful than your current one.

-3 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Create the Centaur, part human and part horse, a race that can adapt to any enviroment.

[6] You create the centaur, an extremely malleable race that tends to adapt itself to whatever it finds itself in or near, fracturing easily into wildly different tribes.

[3+1] You pull Nassharath from his slumber, using his own Power to do so.

-3 Power
+10 Power

No suicide on this. Teach the Dwarves earth magic and animal taming. Place giant bears and eagles around the mountains.
[1+1] You teach the dwarves magic pottery techniques.

[5] You teach the dwarves animal taming, which they take to magnificently, using animals to shore up their weaknesses and improve their strengths.

[4] You create giant bears in the mountains.

[2] You create small chirping golden bird-things.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -2 Power, -2 Power
+12 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I am totally thinking about some manner of cycling gods in and out, so there's only six at once but one in play and on the waitlist swaps each turn.

Of course, there's just mcclay on the waitlist right now, but still.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 13: Oversized Iron]
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2012, 07:10:17 am »

I am totally thinking about some manner of cycling gods in and out, so there's only six at once but one in play and on the waitlist swaps each turn.
((You would have to give some incentive. People are not going to let the opportunity of shaping the world just fly by them.

I suggest you start rotating after the World-Gen, and give treats for the voluntaries who decide to "sleep" for some time, such as having gained their usual amount of power they earn pern turn plus 50% or 100%.

Alternatively, you could also allow the waitlisting God to post an action if any of the Gods decides to idle.))

Nassharath Enedrasi decides to spend some time recovering his power.

((Thanks for helping me.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:48:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2012, 07:15:06 am »

((You would have to give some incentive. People are not going to let the opportunity of shaping the world just fly by them.
I meant forced retirement, not volunteers. I was also considering linking it to some risky but voluntary action instead, however.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2012, 07:33:38 am »

I meant forced retirement, not volunteers. I was also considering linking it to some risky but voluntary action instead, however.

The idea of forced retirement does not seem good, I would prefer a rotation with the aforementioned system. Who would take care of my children after I am forced into oblivion by a cruel GM? I also say it should have some benefits and the main candidate should be the Gods with the largest amount of power and/or have achieved to shape the world more.

Morelli, your people can pet the giant sloths. They are, unfortunately, very peaceful.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:21 am »

" I know, lets reinforce the armour, make the Rock cracker smaller, fix the aeglis brittleness and chuck the weapon and armour to the saurus, not kill them mind you"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2012, 09:01:45 am »

1. Divide the timeline into Ages
2. Separate certain Gods to be active at certain Ages, after World-Gen
3. Mortals do not know anything about God Activity, as they're vague entities
4. Profit.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:06 am »

The rotation is not what I wanted, at all. Why do we even need it? I'm the only one on the waitlist.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2012, 12:35:14 pm »

Create the Harpies, territorial Avian humanoids who inhabit the tall places of the world.

Create Star Metal, an extremely rare material, imbued with power of the sky, only found where the stars themselves fell to earth. (Meteors)

I think I may be running out of ideas.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:33 pm »

Improve the Dwarvern earth affinity and give them cunning.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2012, 03:22:46 pm »

The idea of forced retirement does not seem good, I would prefer a rotation with the aforementioned system. Who would take care of my children after I am forced into oblivion by a cruel GM? I also say it should have some benefits and the main candidate should be the Gods with the largest amount of power and/or have achieved to shape the world more.
I didn't mean permanent forced retirement, hence the rotation bit.

I did consider something like the player with the highest Power total or similar being up for it, but that'd just encourage people to spend all their Power as quickly as possible to avoid such a fate. Which I suppose could have advantages, but isn't really related to cycling out gods.

I also considered highest Power income, but that'd just encourage hovering in third place, and most likely result in the same two high-Power gods swapping out with each other.

As for benefits, Power doesn't seem especially useful to most players; they're got more than they need as is. The main advantage I'd considered was a risky attempt to get the exact number you specified on an action, since that could actually have some value to some people.

The rotation is not what I wanted, at all. Why do we even need it? I'm the only one on the waitlist.
Because I'm not sure I can handle 7 full-time gods, each with their own actions and power calculations. And this would just come up again if we got an 8th anyway.

And besides, Mavet has spoken: the world needs 6. :P

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2012, 03:26:59 pm »

I could do the powers calcuations on my own. Aslong as you PM me what power I will be spending and the nubers don't have a 4 or a 0 in them (stupid broken calcuator.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2012, 03:29:21 pm »

Power calcs are probably less of an issue than actually updating the second post with new world information.

I really need to reorganize that thing, incidentally.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »

Turn 14: Quiet... Too Quiet

Nassharath Enedrasi decides to spend some time recovering his power.
You rest.

+13 Power

" I know, lets reinforce the armour, make the Rock cracker smaller, fix the aeglis brittleness and chuck the weapon and armour to the saurus, not kill them mind you"
[2+1] You make the armor a bit better, if even slightly heavier and bulkier.

[2+1] You make the Rock Cracker smaller. It's still larger than some structures, but it at least looks like something mortals could have made, were they very, very determined.

[2+1] You make the Aeglis slightly more bendy than it was, which in turn makes it slightly better at not breaking, though not by much.

[4] You toss the extremely heavy armor and house-sized weapon at the Saurus. They recognize them as artifacts of great power, but obviously don't have a lot of use for them.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Create the Harpies, territorial Avian humanoids who inhabit the tall places of the world.

Create Star Metal, an extremely rare material, imbued with power of the sky, only found where the stars themselves fell to earth. (Meteors)
[2] You create diminutive, vaguely humanoid bird-things. They're very social.

[3] You create a shiny metal with some sky affinity.

-3 Power, -5 Power
+15 Power

Improve the Dwarvern earth affinity and give them cunning.
[4+1] You improve your dwarves to have a true rapport with the earth.

[1] You make them halfwits. Well, some of them.

-3 Power, -3 Power
+12 Power

Quote from: Morelli
Idle
Ferren bides his time.

+12 Power

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+10 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I think I may be running out of ideas.
What, if anything, do you think would help with that? I'm trying to figure out a way for you to basically hasten the end of the god phase in exchange for goodies (making it an attractive proposal if you're more or less done but not really otherwise), but am so far coming up blank.

Also mcclay, I'm going to let you in on a trial basis. You'll be shunted back to the waitlist if I start getting overwhelmed, but at least you can maybe sneak some things in in the meantime.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25