Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34755 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 11: Artifact Metals][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »

Tribes players can command and worship anything, including at least subsets of god-created tribes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:37 am »

"Well. they will have to work out what to cover the sanguins with to not catch fire."
Now wheres that bridge?
also, im creating saurus from warhammer fantasy to live on ferrokai as warmbloods
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:25 am »

((Hey, Ahra.  I'm not sure if you mind, however I went ahead and made it part of my turn to try to make the connecting passage you keep attempting.  I can change my turn if you want.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:45 am »

((Hey, Ahra.  I'm not sure if you mind, however I went ahead and made it part of my turn to try to make the connecting passage you keep attempting.  I can change my turn if you want.))
eh s´cool
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2012, 03:33:16 am »

Turn 12: War Exhaustion

Make it so the wielder of mithril can delay the reactions.
((Since you've got a ton of Power and weren't doing anything else this turn, I went ahead and made you try again.))

[2] You add the ability to hold the charge for a miniscule fraction of a moment.

[6] You modify the mithril to require a fair expenditure of effort to dislodge the stored energy.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+12 Power

Ferren glances down on Aerie and decides to turn his attention away for now.

"If you don't mind...."  Ferren helps with Ahnaros' rocky pathway, creating it as Ahnaros first intended.  He also improves the caverns under Ferrokai and fills them with the life and plants they were designed for.
[6] You create a rather severe, rocky bridge extending from Ferrokai to Nameless Continent.

[6] You reinforce the caverns under Ferrokai, making them slab-walled underground bunkers more than natural caves.

[6] You create a lot of bizarre subterranean life, most of it designed to build and/or puncture slabs of rock several tens of feet thick.

-2 Power, -3 Power, -1 Power
+12 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi is slightly disappointed. And so he
1) Tries his hand once again at the spear.

2) Enhances the metal-like crystal until it is the ultimate material for anything involving his spheres of influence.

3) Tries to create dragons capable of shapeshifting into humans with draconian characteristics. Namely, retaining their tails, ears and anything that may set them apart from most humans. They also have another form being the middle ground between the humanized and the feral, larger form. They also worship the ways of war and their God and creator.

4) Gives all his races so far created and the ones to come the gift of animal taming. Mainly for war, of course.
((As far as I can tell, all other Power calculations were accurate.))

[6+1] You create a hungering, seething weapon that seeks to pierce reality itself. You have no doubt it can pierce through just about anything, but you're more skeptical of its bearer's ability to stop it once it's begun.

[6+1] You magnify the crystals into bloodthirsty materials of war, shapeable only by aggression and spilt blood, outright refusing any form that does not lend itself to carnage and conflict.

[4+1] You magnify the crystals' physical properties, making them harder, sharper, tougher, and heavier.

[2+1] You create dragons, around the size of large dogs, which can shapechange into similarly sized draconic humanoids. They casually worship the God of War.

[2] You teach your new dragons how to keep housepets.

[6] You teach the Nemarath'dan to live with animals of war, causing them to go out of their way to dominate, train, selectively breed, and then live with all manner of animals, now bred and trained for constant conflict.

[5] You teach the Spartans the ways of animal training, which they immediately recognize the utility of. They now expertly keep livestock, mounts, tracking animals, and of course warrior-beasts.

[2] You don't handle the strain of expressing so much Power very well, and immediately collapse into a coma.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power, -4 Power, -4 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+13 Power
Disabled, requires roll to reawaken

Improve the Cuttlefish to my vision.

Keep the eels, Retry the Leviathan.

Create Aquarium, a metal found deep in the ocean. Uncommon and hard to get to, it gives various water based attributed depending on shape it is forged into and the intent of the forger.

[4] You successfully expand the cuttlefish to its intended monstrous proportions and impressive intellect.

[4] You create a truly massive serpent that breathes superheated steam.

[3] You create a light bluish material that gives slight water-based attributes when forged into the correct charm.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

"Well. they will have to work out what to cover the sanguins with to not catch fire."
Now wheres that bridge?
also, im creating saurus from warhammer fantasy to live on ferrokai as warmbloods

The bridge is right there, though you could certainly improve it if desired.

[6] You create savage, hulking lizard... well, calling them lizardmen might be a bit misleading; lizardapes might convey their hunched posture, preposterous strength, and utter lack of a civilized mind better.

-3 Power
+12 Power

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+10 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 12: War Exhaustion][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2012, 03:48:57 am »

"The scent of war is strong from the south."

Ferren gifts the Llen with the first hints of mathematics.  He then teaches them how to speak with the animals of the world.  If they will not defend themselves, then they shall have to develop strong diplomacy skills - even with animals.  Finally, Ferren grants them the skill to succesfully harvest the wood from the ironwood trees (without killing them, of course) to make tools and construction materials.

"Now, to name my creations.  The Turkeylike Things are Krut, the raptors on Idathoras are the Fayra, and the vicious chicken-creatures are the Vicious Chickens.  Creativity at its finest."

((Wow, triple sixes.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:59:34 am by Morelli »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:49 am »

((Argh. I did not know I would need to dish out energy for each tribe and twice for the crystals. I thought you were preventing suicide actions :P

Also, if I happen to roll an one, it won't outright kill my God, right?))

Ressurrect.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:42:10 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2012, 07:21:56 am »

Her work in the seas done, Apotheosi turns to the heavens.

Celestial Object: Infinity Student. A great pattern depicting a master and his pupil.

Create the Shrine of Arcane Arts in the old realm, a sacred place honoring myself.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2012, 08:01:39 am »

"HAHA"
I shall grant you sentiece sauri, for it pleases me to see how you will do, and keep away from caves, some other god knows whats in there
create the Corona (extremely heavy armour) and the Rock cracker (See an massive 2 handed axe with axe heads in both ends)
make sauri scales unaffected by sanguins fire, make em more lizardman-like (still strong though)
and make another custodem
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:40:40 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »

Create the Centaur, part human and part horse, a race that can adapt to any enviroment.

Help Nassharath  to reawaken, for the world needs six gods.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »

((I'm sorry but I might be a bit inactive for the next few (read 4-5) days, since the celebration of Labor Day starts a bit early in my country this year.))
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:40 pm »

((Argh. I did not know I would need to dish out energy for each tribe and twice for the crystals. I thought you were preventing suicide actions :P

Also, if I happen to roll an one, it won't outright kill my God, right?))
Yeah, I did when it was kind of obvious when they should stop; there wasn't really an obvious break point in your actions, and they just sort of kept going.

And no, it wouldn't instantly kill you, but there would likely be unpleasant repercussions for the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »

((Ok, how high do I need to roll?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »

No suicide on this. Teach the Dwarves earth magic and animal taming. Place giant bears and eagles around the mountains.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2012, 07:48:31 pm »

((Ok, how high do I need to roll?))
You've got a steady flow of Power coming in, so probably not very high.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25