Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 15: Resurrection!)  (Read 16034 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 3: Commerce & Bandits)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »

((...Why is he interested in washing machines? If it was Nikolae in Horokomoi's place, he would be fawning all over artillery, gatlings and any heavy weaponry.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »

Maybe he's interested  in both?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

((Washing machines are interesting.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »

((...Well, maybe grown men are interested in washing machines. It makes sense in retrospect.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »

((He want's to buy a mortar, he just chose a washing machine as an example for how absolutely amazing-sounding these machines appear to be.))

(( So, one each?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 06:53:25 pm »

((No, Just the mortar.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »

((No, Just the mortar.))

((Alright. Posting the turn tommorow.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 2: New People & Places)
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2012, 06:30:32 pm »

Chapter 4: Stocking and Stabbing

Not a lot happens this turn, mainly due to either getting ready for missions or bad rolls.

A major note I forgot to make in the beginning: A character can only counter-attack if they have an appropriate weapon and are at the appropriate range. This means a sword can not counter a rifleman who is shooting at him from long range. (Although a gun can counter-attack a sword at melee range, but a sword probably has an advantage in that scenario.)

Io was reloads his Pistol. The farmer grunts more as he inches his way nearer. Aiming the firearm again, Io points it at the man's skull. Finalizing the shot, the trigger is pulled.

(1 vs. 5)

The pistol jams.
Jams.

Io considers throwing himself off of the branch at this point. He reaches into his quiver for an arrow as the farmer gets very close to him. Io slides down the branch, to meet him. The farmer looks up and declares, "I have you now!"

(3 vs. 2)

Io stabs his arrow at the farmer's hand, stabbing into his right index finger. The farmer howls in pain and starts sliding down the tree, able to maintain his balance. Stepping off the tree clutches his finger and hisses in pain. "You have done this, and now you will die!" He looks around, before picking up a medium-sized stone in his left hand and chucking it at Io.

(2 vs. 2)

The stone bounces off the tree harmlessly. "Why don't you come down and fight like a man with honor!"

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

The face of the Ox-driver lights up. He does a half-bow from a sitting position. "Thank you much, great warrior!" He scoots over, allowing Nikolae to sit next to him. "My name is Sito. How shall I address you?"

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu sees that the Line Infantry is now moving. He tinkers with his Rifle. (3) He manages to get it loose somewhat, but he'll have to shoot it to make sure it is back in place. (-1 to next shot) He looks over at the Line Infantry, who is now retreating past the mountainside. Shimizu aims his rifle...

(Perception bonus, 2+1)

Shimizu beings firing several rounds into the enemy forces. He manages to score a few wounding hits, but nothing that would kill Line Infantry. He has lost sight of their Captain.

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Canterbury smiles. "I'm sure we will be able to arrange that." He pulls a sheet out of his briefcase, and scribbles some writings down onto it. Horokomoi can see the name has all the products from the pamphlet listed on it. "Just sign this sheet at the bottom, and you also need to put how many Shells you would like. Each shell comes in at 25,000 Yen." He points to a box next to a line labeled, 'Shells'. Horokomoi can see that the line above says 'Mortars', and next to it is a box which has been signed with a '1'. Canterbury's signature is also on the paper.

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

Matsuo aims his sword quickly, and throws it at the bandit leader with all his strength!

(Strength Bonus +1: 3+1 vs. 4)

The bandit leader barely sidesteps it, as it skims his chest and leaves nothing but a small flesh wound. The leader reaches into his holster, pulls out his pistol and fires it at Matsuo!

(1 vs. 2)

The shot goes wide, missing Matsuo by a mile. The leader smirks. "I grow bored of these tiresome and trivial attacks." He turns and walks away. "Tell me which one of you men kill Matsuo when you finish." He saunters back into the burning village as his men close in on Matsuo. Matsuo draws his heavy-weighted Doragon and launches himself at them.

(4 vs. 6)

Matsuo goes in, but a Wooden-Plank wielding man attacks him from the side!

(5 vs. 5)

The bandit swings the heavy object at him, but Matsuo counter-slices, chopping the wood in half! The bandit recoils as his weapon is destroyed.

(5 vs. 4)

The Bo-wielding farmer attacks the disarmed bandit from behind, smashing his back with a horizontal swing. The bandit falls forward onto his face, moaning in pain, and dazed.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

Akira makes his way back to the general store, handing over enough yen for a Tinderbox and 3 Antidotes, leaving him with 900 Yen.

He checks the antidote. They are each three small blue bottles. It only says it is made from a 'Secret Ancient Japanese Traditional Medical Recipe'. It's listed uses are for general illnesses and wounds.

The man whom Akira recruited earlier is outside the general store. "So, are we heading out now?"

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »

Nikolae answers the man with a wide smile, half-closing his eyes:

"Sir, you may calll me Nikolae. We may depart when you wish to do so, I have no business here...But how about the attackers, do you have any extra pieces of information on them? Also, if you may forgive my curiosity, what are you transporting?"
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »

Horokomoi smiles his most charming smile.

"Like I said before, I think I'll buy one standing alone first, to know that these types of machines are actually real."

He then signs the contract.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

"Yeah, sure." Akira says casually, then he and his compatriot heads to the forest.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »

Io puts his pistol back in his holster, and draws his bow, aiming another shot. "Why do you simply not surrender, we both know I have the advantage here. You could always join me, or perhaps this next shot will be the last thing you see." A bit of a bluff. For now Io wanted to convince him to join him, or at least give up. "You are a man of great courage, knowing no fear. A farmer's life can not possible be worth it. Live with me, work with me, and together we could prosper." That being said, if the farmer said no or showed any signs of saying no, Io would fire the already bloodied arrow at him, hoping the blood wished to go home.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:36 pm »

((I hope the farmer accepts or he may just kill the shinobi.))
>Yes?

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »

((I swear I will kill him in his sleep if he joins me))
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 4: Stocking & Stabbing)
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49:40 pm »

((I swear I will kill him in his sleep if he joins me))
((No, at least use him to distract enemies or such. He is very lucky, you can kill the enemies while they try to kill the lucky bastard.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12