Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 15: Resurrection!)  (Read 16014 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 4: Stocking & Stabbing)
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »

Matsuo continues to finish off the bandit's underlings.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2012, 04:36:06 pm »

Waiting for Shimizu...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Waiting for Shimizu...
Sorry!
Shimizu tried to locate the Captain. If he found him, he would try to kill him in the most impressive way possible. If not, try to kill some other soldier.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 07:35:27 pm »

Chapter 5: Hunting Bandits

The farmer considers Io's options. "That doesn't sound bad, and I accept...if I was a-!" He goes for the ground before finishing his sentence, but Io has his bow already knocked and aimed.

(2 vs. 2)

As the farmer bends down to the ground, the arrow barely misses his head. The farmer grabs a stone, gripping it hard in his uninjured hand, and launches it at Io!

(4 vs. 3)

Io feels the stone slam into his lower torso. It hasn't caused any serious injury, but the impact still is painful. The farmer jumps. "I have wounded you, assailant! Ready to give up?"

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

Sito starts the oxen running. Grunting, they begin pulling the wagon. "Well, our main concern are Imperialists and bandits. Imperialists will be more armed, but at least there is some chance of reason and negotiation with them. The bandits are just common highwaymen, brutal and not slow to violence, although they are usually not armed better than the average man. As for my load, I am just coming back to my family in Shutomo with some Kotowan spices."

The jars in the wagon rustle slightly as the wagon plods on.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu starts to aim, but it looks as if the Line Infantry are retreating. He still fires a shot anyways.

(Perception Bonus, 3+1-1 Vs. 3)

He scores one deadly hit as the Line Infantry run, but as his one kill dies, the enemy is out of sight. Shimizu racks his brain to think of what the enemy is planning.

(Intelligence Roll: 5)

He is able to make the tactical deduction quite clearly: Shimizu's unit is on the east side of a mountain. The Imperialist Line Infantry, is sweeping across to the north side of the mountain, where they journey up it. Afterwards, they will come to the area the Sharpshooters are and flank them. The Bayonets and Knives of the Sharpshooters will put them at a disadvantage with trained swordsmen.

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Canterbury takes the contract. "Excellent! My men and I shall procure the Mortar. I ask that you get the money ready for the purchase. We will be back here by the evening." He walks to his men, and makes a statement. They all get up, wave to Horokomi and head out of town.

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

Matsuo hoists his Doragon above his head. With a powerful Samurai battle cry, he charges the bandits.

(6 vs. 5)

Matsuo comes upon the closest bandit and delivers a quick slash. The razor-sharp sword cuts through the bandits chest with a very deep wound. The bandit can not respond, he only cries out in pain as he drops his Knife and falls to the ground. Another bandit proceeds to quickly lunge his Stick at Matsuo, but Matsuo lashes out first and cuts the bandits throat. The bandit drops his weapon and proceeds to stumble forward, gurgling and blood flows out of his neck. He falls to his knees, still stumbling, and then drops flat. The last bandit, seeing this display, turns and runs deeper into the village.

(Ally Roll: 3 vs. 2)

The two farmers accompanying Matsuo chase after the running bandit. One of them tackles him, and he goes down. As Matsuo sees this, he sees bandits more heavily armored and armed than the previous ones coming out of a big central building in the middle of the village. Among them is the muscled leader Matsuo saw before. He spots Matsuo. "How come he isn't dead!? GET HIM!" Matsuo sees the leather-armored bandits unsheathing swords and spears.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

Akira makes his way back to the general store, handing over enough yen for a Tinderbox and 3 Antidotes, leaving him with 900 Yen.

Akira and his partner head into the woods. They begin the search for the thief Boto Kiawa, in the forest near the town of Kyule...

((Luck Roll: 6-1 = 5))

After a couple hours, Akira's party sees a man at the top of a hill. He matches Boto Kiawa's image very clearly, from what Akira had seen on the wanted poster. Currently the man is sitting on a blanket near a tent, drinking tea.

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:55:02 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

"There he is...  I've got him. Hopefully you don't have some ridiculous honor concept or anything." Akira whispers to his buddy. He t levels the rifle, aims for the chest, and fires.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

Hmm, we need to get out of here, quick. Shimizu thought, and whispered to his unit "Okay, men, they want to flank us. They'll go up the mountain, then down on us. But we won't stay here waiting. I estimate there are about (?) enemies left. Let's move." Shimizu tries to find a place in which to hide his unit. If successful, go there and order my soldiers to hide while the I. L. Infantry goes to where we were. If not, retreat silently to the south side of the mountain and observe where the enemy has moved to. If they reached the north side, try to shoot their captain. If they are still on the west side, order my men to take positions here and look for targets but not shoot until I give the order. If they reached the east side, try to quickly put some traps on the south side and retreat to the west side.
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »

Io gives an oof as the rock hits his body, but it doesn't phase him too much. He has been trained. The bow is readied once more. "Farmer, when yo die, give my regards to your family after this." He fires his bow once more.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »

Nikolae remains extremely wary of their surroundings as they travel.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:42 pm »

"Hahahaha! It's going to take more than that pretty leather to save yourselves!" "You two back to me now!"

Matsuo taunts the bandits before calling the two young men back to cover his flanks. He then attacks once the bandits come close.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 5: Hunting Bandits)
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:47 pm »

Waiting for Horokomoi.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »

Horokomoi waves back to them, squinting. It was an awfully sunny day today, and It would be a shame to waste it. So, he decides to go to the market to find something to do. The markets always had something to do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Chapter 6: The Immortal Farmer

Just thought I'd let each side know how is at the top of the command-chain.

Shogunate: The Tokugawa Shogunate - A council of wise and skilled men from each clan.

Imperialists: The Emperor - The religious and political ruler of Japan.

Io knocks his Yumi for what he prays is the last time. He aims it straight at the farmer's torso, who isn't smart enough to consider his best option would be to run and not fight the trained bowman. Instead of fleeing however, he grips his knife and aims a throw at Io. Io sighs and lets the arrow loose.

(1 vs. 6)

Io accidentally loses his balance on the branch when he fires his bow, and falls off it. He hits the ground hard, head-first, smashing his skull!

Hahaha, I'm kidding. :P

(6 vs. 3)

The arrow flies through the sky and embeds itself in the farmer's stomach. He drops his Knife as he drops to his knees and lurches over. He is supporting himself with one hand while the other clutches his side. He breaths heavily, but then lets out one sharp cry as he falls over, dead.

Spoiler: Sarawa Io (click to show/hide)

Nikolae grips his Dafeinher tightly as the oxen ride on. The sun is high overhead. As they get far on the road, he becomes increasingly wary, scanning in every direction.

(Luck Roll: 4)

Fortunately, the trip so far has been uneventful. Sito says, "I have a wife and five children at my home. I miss them all quite dearly...." He looks wistfully into the distance. He turns to Nikolae, "What part of Europe are you from?"

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Shimizu figures half the enemy force remains, which would put that at about 60 Line Infantry. Shimizu runs back to find his Sharpshooters looking for the Imperialists. Shimizu commands, "The enemy is coming up the mountain!" He looks around quickly for a place to hide. He sees a nearby collection of thick tree trunks and large rocks. "We move over there!" The group sprints to the hiding, taking cover behind the trees and stones. They point their rifles to the outside.

After a few minutes, footsteps can be heard. Shimizu sees the Line Infantry arrive a few hundred meters away. He sees the enemy officer, who takes out a pair of binoculars. Everyone aims their rifles as he looks around.

(Enemy Perception: 6)

He yells, "In the trees!" The Line Infantry jam their rifles at the trees, while Shimizu's unit pulls their triggers.

(Shimizu Vs. Enemy Unit: 1 vs. 5)

Apparently, the Sharpshooters were aiming right next to the Line Infantry, because they miss their volley. The Line Infantry, on the other hand, fire a clean volley that would have destroyed Shimizu's troops if they hadn't been in cover. And even with the cover, bullets hit many of Shimizu's soldiers and an 1/8th of his forces become causalities.

The enemy captain yells, "Charge!" There is a holstering of rifles and unsheathing of swords as the Line Infantry begin to sprint towards Shimizu and his men.

Shimizu's Sharpshooters: 68 remaining, lowered moral due to receiving the heavy volley, as well as seeing the Line Infantry charge them.

Enemy Line Infantry: 60 Remaining, moral boosted due to charge.

Spoiler: Shimizu Katsuo (click to show/hide)

Horokomoi heads over to the local market. He smiles as he sees it is bustling, meaning the city is productive. The commonfolk bow as he passes them.

Foods, metal items, manufactured goods and other objects are being sold. Each stall-keeper flashes a big smile at Horokomoi, knowing that nobility has a charitable wallet.

However, while viewing around, a man bumps into him. Horokomoi almost apologizes, but sees that he has bumped into Losuka, eldest son of the Mutoshomi-clan, the main rival of the Orogami-clan. "How ungraceful of you, Horokomoi." The nearby people stop what they are doing to see this exchange between rival clans. "I heard you are doing business with the British. What's wrong, Japanese goods not enough for you now?" He grins sardonically.

Spoiler: Horokomoi Orogami (click to show/hide)

The bandits huff at Matsuo's words as the two farmers come to guard his sides. The bandit leader points his finger and says, "Kill them." The bandits approach the trio, holding their weapons aloft. Matsuo is ready, and as they get close, he lunges forward and attacks them.

(5 vs. 1)

He slashes his blade downward at the first bandit. The man has no time to react as the Samurai cuts down through his shoulder and into his chest, his leather armor doing almost nothing to stop the blade. As he slumps over, Matsuo is already ready for the second bandit. The bandit raises his Spear, aiming to stab at Matsuo's head, but Matsuo cuts him diagonally across both legs. He yelps as he trips over, and as he trips, Matsuo slashes him deeply across the back. Matsuo attacks a third bandit, who is able to block his slash. The bandit pulls his sword back to launch a counter-slash, but Matsuo expertly converts his failed slash momentum into a stab. The Doragon blade's goes through the bandit's face. Matsuo pulls his blade out and the bandit falls to the side. Matsuo stares down the last bandit. He drops his Spear and runs away screaming.

All the bandit's are dead, unconscious, or gone by this point, excluding the leader. One young man says, "I'll take your head for coming to my village!" The two farmers scream and charge him.

(4 vs. 2)

The bandit leader is able to sidestep the Kama wielding farmer. However, this puts him right in the way of a Bo-staff lunge. The farmer strikes the leader in the torso, and he grunts. As the farmer's circle him, he yells, "I'll put you peasants in your place!"
He takes a fighting stance.

(1 vs. 4)

He attacks the Bo-wielding farmer with a punch, but the farmer blocks his hand with the solid wood Bo.

(4 vs. 6)

The Kama-wielding farmer come up from behind, but the bandit leader sees this. He launches a spinning 180-kick that the farmer barely moves his head away from.

Spoiler: Matsuo Satoshi (click to show/hide)

Akira aims his rifle at Boto's chest, dead center. Looking down the barrel, he pulls the trigger.

(Stealth Reduction, 2-1)

Akira's shoot misses the thief completely. Boto falls backwards. "Aaahh!" He falls on his back, and stumbles to his feet. "
Who's there?!"
He grabs his sword from his sheath and wields it.

Akira's partner shakes his head. "Damn." He draws out an Oso; the axe gleams against the sunlight. "We've come for you Boto, so you better be ready!"

Spoiler: Akira Hiroto (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:05:16 pm by TCM »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2012, 09:04:42 pm »

"You run up there, try to force him towards me." I'll keep hidden until I can hit him in the back.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 6: The Immortal Farmer)
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2012, 09:35:13 pm »

Shimizu cursed. This was not his day. Order my men to incapacitate the enemy rather than kill them. Try to find the captain and shoot him on the head.
Freaks.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Industrial Japan! (Turn 6: The Immortal Farmer)
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

Nikolae stops looking around and searching for possible threats. "I am from Germany, Prussia to be more exact." He smiles and keeps talking. "I came in search of adventure and because life there was unbearable."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12