Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Haste makes waste. [Game over!]  (Read 107776 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 4 - Same Shit, Different Day [Day 5]
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:00 am »

Mod: Could you resend Hapah his N2 PM?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

Vote Count:

Jack A T:   Bookthras
Bookthras:  Urist Imiknorris, Jack A T, Hapah
Shakerag:
Urist Imiknorris:
Hapah: 

Not Voting:  Shakerag

Day 5 will last until Friday, 5/18 at 11 PM EST, ~9 1/2 hours from now.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:58:08 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »

That's twice now you missed my unvote =P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

No idea what you're talking about.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2012, 02:16:26 pm »

Okay, so ... I'm afraid of being pants-on-head retarded here, but what exactly has been going on with the last two nights missing kills?  N1 had a kill, and N2 is accounted for, but N3 and N4 ... ? 

N3:
UI: Protect Native (not triggered)
Hapah: Protect Shakerag (not triggered)
Bookthras: ill will Native (lost item?)
Native: Ninja loot
Shakerag: clear mind UI
Jack: Track Native (went nowhere)

N4:
UI: greater treasure Jack (blocked) (enchanted) (enchantment not triggered)
Hapah: Oracle
Bookthras: self defense
Shakerag: paralyze UI
Jack: enchant armor UI

Nothing really seems to fit together for why there wasn't an NK N3 action-wise, so it seems like scum may have opted to not NK.  If scum didn't pass on NKing N4, then it seems like UI would have to be scum, since that looks like the only way the kill could have been prevented. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2012, 02:20:21 pm »

Scum no-killed both nights.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2012, 03:08:48 pm »

You're saying that with an awful lot of certainty, UI.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:19 pm »

Well I know damn well what I tried to do last night. And since there were no fresh corpses, no triggered protections, and no other roleblocks,  there were thus no kill attempts. And the same thing happened N3, except with no roleblock (which we "conveniently" didn't find out until today).

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

I think the better question is why the scum didn't NK on Nights 3 and 4. I'm struggling to see why the scum wouldn't kill. What actions could they do that could be better, or what circumstances would make not NK'ing someone beneficial?

The only way that really makes sense to me is if there are two scum left. Going into D3, there a 6 people left (2 scum out of 6). If you killed N3, the game isn't locked up (still only 2 of 5), and there's the possibility for getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar. If you manage to frame someone D4, then the game is done when you kill N4. It's a reasonably safe course of action, comparatively (there's no harm is saying you roleblocked someone. Getting caught visiting a dead man is another story.)

Does this make any sort of sense, or am I riding the crazy train? What would the implications be?

If there are two scum left, I'd guess it's either Book-Jack or Urist-Jack (Urist is laying into Book pretty hard. If it's an act, it's a pretty good one). Would a Jack lynch be good? I can't see a 2-man scum team without him, and if there's only one scum we've got another day. Then again, I really don't like that Scroll of Self Defense claim by Book. Not that I don't believe it, but it just seems very, very reckless.

I'll check back in in a couple of hours.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »

N4:
UI: greater treasure Jack (blocked) (enchanted) (enchantment not triggered)
[...]If scum didn't pass on NKing N4, then it seems like UI would have to be scum, since that looks like the only way the kill could have been prevented.
I had missed this. Yes, Imiknorris being blocked would be a possible explanation for the lack of kill.

Scum no-killed both nights. [...] Well I know damn well what I tried to do last night.
Your certainty is reassuring, and yet not convincing.

If there are two scum left, I'd guess it's either Book-Jack or Urist-Jack (Urist is laying into Book pretty hard. If it's an act, it's a pretty good one).
UI asked me earlier whether I thought it likely that the scum team was Tiruin-Jack-UI. I said not really, since he also visited GG N1 and seemed pretty hostile to Tiruin D2, and it was his interactions with Jack that stood out.

But given today's conversation and a quick reread, I'm no longer sure it's that unlikely. The N1 visit to GG could have been for a "curse armour" as easily as an "enchanting" one (or some other assistance to help Tiruin's chances of success). Plus he's the one that started the wagon on MrD giving Tiruin a chance to live another day (followed pretty much immediately by both Tiruin and Jack).

So in retrospect, I don't see it as unlikely. I still think Jack's a better bet, but Imiknorris is plenty scummy on his own right.

In any case, as I said earlier, I'm still pretty busy until tonight and Jack is still traveling, so I'd prefer to extend over the weekend so it can be hashed out with more substantial posts.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »

Oppose extend. I want Book to die and flip scum like I know he will.

As for lynching Jack, I'll agree with it if lynching Book stops being a reasonable option.

Plus he's the one that started the wagon on MrD giving Tiruin a chance to live another day (followed pretty much immediately by both Tiruin and Jack).
He wasn't scumhunting and was blatantly bandwagoning and arse-covering. Also Tiruin's attack on Shakerag raised a good point - for all I knew Shake could have been gambitting scum, and given Bastard Paranormal 2 D5, that was nowhere near out of the question. I was hoping another night (and its events) would help reveal which one of the two was scum.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »

Oppose extend. I want Book to die and flip scum like I know he will.
Oh, this is scummy as fuck. If there are two scum left, it's fucking LYLO. Only scum would oppose an extension at LYLO, especially when people are absent. You're in a hurry to capitalise your advantage, aren't you? Afraid to give people time to make a reasoned opinion, yes?

You are scum. Unvote. Vote Urist Imiknorris.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:20 pm »

Alternatively, I'm 100% certain that scum's on the chopping block. (hint hint)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2012, 07:41:30 pm »

Alternatively, I'm 100% certain that scum's on the chopping block. (hint hint)
Certain? How are you 100% certain? Certainty in this game only happens when you already know who is the scum, because your PM said so. Everyone else is making the best deductions and guesses they can, but certainty doesn't happen until the flip. You are betting the game at LYLO on a certainty you couldn't have if you were town...

So yeah, you're scum.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35