Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193102 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:22 pm »

Deebus ate Ceta's heart, hoping to gain what wisdom and cunning the bear had acquired in his long years. He took the bear's skin as well to wrap about himself. Already having one bearskin cloak, though, he took some of Ceta's claws for pins and fashioned the skin into a robe. Helping the eldermothers with the sewing as a whelp had proven very useful in his adventures, it turned out. He would thank all of them in person when he returned home.
Wearing his new warm robe he climbed out of the dread hole of Perishedcavern. There were only two targets left now. Zoku the troglodyte, far in the north of the world, and Torrejus the grizzly bear, who was northeast of here and west of home. Debus decided that he would kill Zoku first so that he could finish off Torrejus on the way home. With that he set off once more.

His northward journey took him over green hills almost all day, but in the afternoon he came into wide steppes and finally the swamp of groves at nightfall. The sun began to set. Deebus knew he would not be able to reach the cave of Zoku that day, so he lit a ring of fires about him to ward off the evil spirits. With the warmth of the fires he melted some ice from his waterskin to drink, warmed some horse meat to eat, and then settled down for a cautious sleep.

Day 5 1st of Galena, 200

At dawn he found the fires low, but he had not been bothered as he slept. Relieved, he continued on his way. The sun was barely risen, just enough to melt the water in his waterskins, when he came upon the mud hole of Stalkscarred. Zoku Omeptega was large with a broad face, and seemed quite miserable in his swampy den. The eyes had a cruel set to them, but this was not intimidating. Deebus shot him three times until an arrow landed in his gut, then came over. The beast threw his arms over his head, though, so Deebus jumped and kicked him in the chest. This failed to floor him, though, so he danced around the troglodyte to stab him in the leg. Zoku curled up when he fell over, though, and his head could not be reached. Deebus stabbed his chest, breaking several ribs, but still not giving an opening. Only after several strikes to the limbs and hands did he get a shot at the head, but when he did it failed to kill. Zoku soon passed out from the pain, though, and now there was no defense against a spear through the eye and into the brain.
Like all the other troglodytes, there was nothing else of interest in Zoku's lair, so Deebus left to track down his final target. By mid morning, Deebus was out of the swamp and well on his way through another tundra. At noon he had passed through another swamp, the Branded Mire, which was familiar to his tribe, and came to the edge of a forest. Here was the lair, a tunnel going into the side of a bank, and Torrejus was visible near the entrance. Torrejus seemed unremarkable looking for a bear, though all bears looked fearsome. As such there was nothing about him to startle Deebus.
Deebus fired an arrow into the cave from his place on the grass, striking the grizzly bear's right flank, and another into the chest. Torrejus fell over and blacked out. Once more Deebus found he could not penetrate the thick skull of a bear, though, so he dug his spear deep into the beast's chest where it stuck, and proceeded to strangle him. The grizzly bear managed to come to while he was doing this, and began to stand up, but Deebus wrapped his arms tighter and Torrejus fell down again. To make sure this would not happen again, Deebus gouged out Torrejus's eyes and stabbed his throat before proceeding to strangling once more. After a few minutes the bear finally bled out.

Cleaning the blood from himself, Deebus pondered. He had no more names now, or places. It was time to return home. Hopefully he would discover more lairs on own as he went, though. He crossed a river to leave the swamp, filled all his vessels with water to drink, and set off once more. He crossed 2 more rivers as the afternoon wore on, coming again into the familiar country around his home. As he passed through the swamp, though, he was surprised to see two trolls running around in the late afternoon. They were likely on a hunt for kobold flesh!
Deebus slipped into hiding to observe them.

From the stories he knew, he thought he recognized them. One looked like Inervion the Solemn; large, lean, and ferocious. The other must have been his mate then, Cango Aradiki, who was much smaller, very much so for a troll, but still enormous to a kobold and still very deadly. Deebus knew they must be stopped.

He loosed an arrow at Inervion, which bit into his elbow, making him roar. Deebus could not get a shot at Cango with him in the way, though, so he bust from hiding and yelled at them as loud as he could. They seemed startled, but when Inervion fell over in pain Cango became enraged at this attack on her mate and charged the puny little figure. Deebus ducked down a slope and slipped away, leaving the troll confused. Deebus shot an arrow into her back. He ran over to kill her, stabbing her face, arms, throat, and feet, then left her to die as Inervion stood back up. He was met with another arrow in the chest, and with his throat soon slit, joined his mate in forming a huge pool of sky-blue blood on the ground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:27:44 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »

In the mid-afternoon Deebus crossed another river, passed by the cave of the deceased Vush, and in the late afternoon came at last back home. All the kobolds looked up as he passed, a figure covered in specks of dry blood and looking grim. He found chief Grakakakalis and kneeled before her. He told her simply that all those she had named were now dead. She was impressed, even knowing that he had been chosen by the ancestors. More than ever she could see why now.
She told him that the world was now surely a little safer to live in. But tragedy continued to strike. While he had been gone, more creatures from below had come and gone, taking 3 lives.
This news saddened Deebus's heart, and he asked her if the locations of any more monsters had been discovered. There was only one, though. A troglodyte by the name of Ecate had been tracked to a place known as shockedhell by the scouts of a neighboring tribe. Grakakakalis suggested that he take a day to rest, though, as he had most certainly earned it.

The sun set, and Deebus told his stories to all the kobold of the cave that night. He passed all the treasures he had found around, telling what he knew about each one and warming his heart with the sight of the younger ones examining each object. To think he would have been among the whelps only 9 days ago!
With the treasure placed deep in the cave, excepting the iron sword from Murime's temple and the tin flask from Methi and Asto's cave, Deebus went to sleep.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2012, 05:52:04 am »

The image of a kobold strangling a bear is priceless  ;D What are his attributes now?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:02 pm »

Though the bear bled out instead of suffocating.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:23:14 pm by HugoLuman »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:35 am »

Haven't checked the fourums for a month or two, I'm real glad you're still writing.  You do a real good job describing the combat, and explaining Deebus's motives.  I think if he goes out, it'll be on a trip to the circus.  If you edited the raws, you could make a kobold fort.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2012, 02:21:21 am »

If he goes out, it should be against the Bronze King. Maybe he should walk into an enthralling cloud beforehand to give himself a fighting chance, at the price of his koboldity.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:07 am »

If he goes out, hes going out fighting HFS.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:43 am »

I hope at some point to find an adamantine spear from a spoiler fortress. Not sure if I'd do that before fighting Murime, though. I may just stock up on fluffy wamblers and hope for the best.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2012, 08:08:49 pm »

I hope at some point to find an adamantine spear from a spoiler fortress. Not sure if I'd do that before fighting Murime, though. I may just stock up on fluffy wamblers and hope for the best.

Only swords, sadly. Only swords spawn.

And the sword is to big I think...
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »

Where do you get that from? There's nothing in the raws that indicates only swords.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2012, 08:31:44 pm »

Theres nothing in the raws about HFS or the clown car either.

The wiki, the last time I checked, said it is a 100% chance masterwork adamanite -random sword-

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2012, 10:11:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's random chance for any weapon.  You'd still have to make a fortress, so you may as well make it yourself.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »

The wiki

"It's also possible to remove the adamantine sword in adventure mode."

"It's also possible to remove the adamantine sword in adventure mode."

"It's also possible to remove the adamantine swordin adventure mode.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »

They just say sword because it's convenient. Point is, there's nothing in the raws to distinguish swords from other weapons, so the game wouldn't be able to tell whether or not the weapon it places down there is a sword.

I could reach a slade fortress by travelling through the caverns.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2012, 10:27:30 pm »

Okay, I be a idiot then. ;3
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54