Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: (LP) Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 - Solifuge casts Reraise on Thread!  (Read 46449 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Awesome, my guy didn't even die!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Even in vanilla, Dorter was the first place where I started having problems because of that archer on the top that keeps hating on everyone.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Any chance of hiring more swordsdoodz for backup?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting with char and to get this tracked. Yet another in the line of things keeping me from homework.
Name: Kallev
Sex: Male
Zodiac Sign: Cancer

Wealthy or Low-born? Low-born
Scholar or Soldier? Soldier
Worldly or Spiritual? Spiritual
Hardened or Green? Green

Other Notes: No clue here. I do aim to, if he is suited, ask for him as an archer. It seems like gunning them down works pretty dang well. Maybe if we could give the squires lead shot in place of rocks?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Soli if it isn't too much trouble, could you move me to be a white mage, let me learn heal, and then switch me to black mage with white magic as a secondary?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That rock to the head paragraph pretty much made my day.

And I... have no idea what to do for skills for Robyn. I've found Move+1 helpful, but not as necessary as I thought, especially for ranged jobs. Saving for Beastmaster would be nice, but do we have many Squires still fighting to get me the remaining JP from secondary JP gain? White Mage/Black Mage can be really awesome, but they can be a bit tough to get off the ground initially. I guess if it looks like I'll get the remaining JP for Beastmaster, I'll keep saving for that (if not, swap Robyn to Squire for a battle, maybe with a spare crossbow, to get the last 30ish JP). If Robyn has Hi-Potion and Antidote, save up a bit more for Auto-Potion, then swap to White Mage with Item as secondary.

TL;DR: Basically, the eventual goal is White Mage with Item (including Hi-Potion and Antidote), Auto-Potion, and Beastmaster. And maybe some Battle Boots or a cloak when you get the money. Hopefully that setup with keep him useful even without the thrown items and start transitioning him to mageyness.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, appended the last update with the skinny on Wizards and Priests, which is also available on the OP, as always. As you may notice I misspoke when I called them Black and White Mages... would that I could see beyond the color of their robes, and on to the content of their character!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:39:58 am by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Still waiting for Red Mages.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, you're going to be waiting a long time (like... until he starts LPing one of the FFT Advance games instead). You can effectively make a red mage by combining two of the mage skill sets I guess though?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, you're going to be waiting a long time (like... until he starts LPing one of the FFT Advance games instead). You can effectively make a red mage by combining two of the mage skill sets I guess though?

That's... not entirely true, but I'll say no more on the subject. Know that you can approximate one with the existing classes, by training as a Priest/Wizard, and switching to Knight. They can wear robes to increase their MP, and wield all sorts of weapons and armor. Note also that many of the Knight's Sword Arts are spells channeled through swords to cause certain effects, which casters do far better than straight physical fighters.

This is, of course, assuming you meant FF1-style Jack-Of-All-Trades Red Mages.

Any chance of hiring more swordsdoodz for backup?

I can only handle about 8 characters at a time, especially with the NPCs that keep cluttering the party, wasting expensive equipment, and mucking up combat. Note that I give equipment and training priority to the most active players, and try to pick low-level characters in the roster to go into battle for level-balancing purposes. As such, there's a sort of natural selection at work, where inactive players don't get new equipment priority or as much practice, and will eventually enter leveled battles which they'll have a harder time with. At this rate, I imagine we'll start cycling in new characters before much longer.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:27:43 pm by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I would kinda like to get the move +1 bonus and swap over to a knight (with my squire skills as a secondary of  course) when convenient, unless it would better my survival chances by waiting till later.
It's FEF, not FEOF

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

wait, does that rock to the head thing seriously work?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, physical damage breaks confusion in almost all of the Final Fantasy games (and RPGs in general). The rocks are just a convenient, ranged, low damage (when used by characters with low physical damage) way to do it. I think when Robyn goes Priest he should probably get the staff that does low physical damage and cures status ailments on hit. It's pretty neat.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

I can only imagine schools in this place

Teacher: any questions?
Student: yeah, I'm confused about-
*teacher hurls rock at student*
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11