Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: (LP) Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 - Solifuge casts Reraise on Thread!  (Read 46440 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

D or A get my vote, I think. How're you planning on sorting out the 'inactives'?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A sounds best to me. Not as time consuming or difficult as the rest. D sounds valid as a side option though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, playing around with the capabilities of some of the FFT modding tools out there. I just made a bunch of suitable monsters mountable (including Panthers, Barbarossa :P). I also used a common tweak to Brave, granting it a tradeoff like Faith; higher Brave grants a greater chance to trigger reaction abilities, and increases physical damage dealt, but leads to less concern for your personal wellbeing and thereby more physical damage received.

Finally, I'm opening up special Job Mastery bonuses for characters. If you master all the skills of a job, you can unlock special Master-Tier skill lists. Not a job of their own, these are unique secondary skill sets that share a job-point pool with the class you mastered, and will open up some abilities that are normally only available to special characters. These will remain secret until discovered!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha that's awesome. Sounds great!

Edit: oh, does that make low brave reduce physical damage?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:33:29 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That it does. OP updated to compensate.

Still working out the specifics of Job Mastery, and checking the feasibility of adding something like Blue Magic in FFT with some gurus on the Hacktics forum.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Wait, are you modding the game yourself, Soli?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*nods* I'm basing it largely on tools and work done by others, though.

P.S. Blue Magic is totally go.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:27:52 pm by Solifuge »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I'd like to have kensei skills like T.G. Cid/Orlandeau, please. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Blue magic!?!??!?!?!!!, 

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

If were still voting, I vote A.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the dropping of inactives and the squad system would work out well. If you went squads, would you try to make each squad a viable team, or make it a grouping of strategy-styles? I.E. have an archer squad, or have a balanced squad?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, modding is about 80% done. Just got Mastery Jobs to do, and those will be easy compared to this:

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I repeat

Blue magic!?!??!?!?!!!, 

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheeeeesh... I might have to start my game over with your mods now.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehe... those of you familiar with FFT probably know how easy jobs like the Calculator and Mime are to exploit. It's bad enough that there are infinite-action combos you can set up with either, but they're still pretty broken without that. Some of the tweaks I'm working on are in hopes of presenting a few less-gamey alternatives for players, but ones which still stay in keeping with FF lore.

As for those who aren't familiar with FFT, hopefully you won't be able to tell what's tweaked and what isn't; I've been trying to keep tweaks as close to the spirit of FF as possible. Pretty happy with this so far, I must say. Once I wrap up the Mastery stuff, I'll host a link to whatever modmod is the result... and we'll be picking back up with things from there!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11