Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: (LP) Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 - Solifuge casts Reraise on Thread!  (Read 46459 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (LP) Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 - Now with Pets!
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »

They've actually removed JP Up in this hack. They decreased JP prices on average to make up for that though, I think. They also removed all de-leveling methods and all permanent faith and almost all (to the point of them basically not being there) permanent brave modifications. Basically any game breaking/gamey kinds of things have been removed.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 06:41:45 pm »

They've actually removed JP Up in this hack. They decreased JP prices on average to make up for that though, I think. They also removed all de-leveling methods and all permanent faith and almost all (to the point of them basically not being there) permanent brave modifications. Basically any game breaking/gamey kinds of things have been removed.

Ah, well, that makes sense. I may have to try out this combination at some point, it looks like a pretty neat re-balancing of the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 06:53:37 pm »

Ah, well, that makes sense. I may have to try out this combination at some point, it looks like a pretty neat re-balancing of the game.

Same here. I kinda want to play through this game too now.
Also often called Boowells.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 07:43:59 pm »

After getting a few PMs about it, I updated the OP with links to the FFT mod I'm using.

If yoU have a copy of the game, you can apply theSe patchEs to a disk imAge made of the game, and ruN it on your consolE... or using a bios duMp of yoUr consoLe to plAy iT On the computeR.

EDIT: Also, I'm probably going to go Archer with Ramza for a bit, both to build his speed, and to snag Concentration and the Aim skill.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:49:42 pm by Solifuge »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 10:31:29 pm »

Awesome! I love the historical perspective in this LP.

I'll take the panther as a starter, it appears to match well with my Zodiac symbol. And, uh... my goals.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 06:42:46 am »

All right! Cybele (Red Panther) was caught!
New MONSTERDEX data will be added for Red Panther!

Do you want to give a nickname to Cybele?
> YES
  NO

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 08:10:29 am »

Bew Doo Dooooom Bew Do Da Doo Do da Doom
It's FEF, not FEOF

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 08:12:45 am »

Budodoombududadododadoom.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

PhantomSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

I enjoy the fact that Barbaneth references the admittance of a low-born into the academy as controversial, yet so many of the submitted characters are low born. Something tells me that the academies standards have slipped in the wake of the war. :P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 09:16:33 am »

Do you want to give a nickname to Cybele?
> YES
  NO

Budodoombududadododadoom.

I think that exceeds the character limit a little bit. :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »

Let's just go with "Panthro", then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »

Added an overdue explanation of basic game mechanics to the OP. I think this should settle some questions about character creation, for those of you unfamiliar with FFT:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:20:13 pm by Solifuge »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »

Hell yeah, love Tactics.

I remember playing 1.3 (never beat it) and realizing I was getting into a hardcore beatdown when I saw squires could equip crossbows.

Adding another expendable:
Name: Patchouli
Sex: Female
Zodiac Sign: Leo

Wealthy or Low-born? Wealthy
Scholar or Soldier? Soldier
Worldly or Spiritual? Spiritual
Hardened or Green? Hardened

Other Notes: I think an oracle could be a big help. They sucked in vanilla, but they were incredibly useful in 1.3. As an oracle, I'd prefer White Magic or Time Magic secondary. I can't remember all the reactions, but I remember Blade Grasp being removed, so Auto-Potion would probably be good. I don't know how Support and Movement skills were affected, so I'll have to look over that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 10:16:22 pm »

So, for some things the 1.3 changes are useful, for job skills not so much. Priests/wizards, for instance, are not at all how they look in the 1.3 changes (they have the same skills as in vanilla, just tuned slightly differently I think), so be a little careful if you're researching on your own.

Edit: Also, Soli be careful about grinding... I did less than I normally do and still barely made it past some of the plot battles in Chapter 1. I'm not sure why NPCs are just that much more powerful when they're scaled to your level, but they were for me!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »

Name: Miranda
Sex: Female
Zodiac Sign: Libra

Wealthy or Low-born? Low-Born
Scholar or Soldier? Soldier
Worldly or Spiritual? Spiritual
Hardened or Green? Hardened

Other Notes: Leaning towards Monk. I rather enjoy beating people with fists.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11