Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends  (Read 21841 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 02:04:27 am »

GlyphGryph
Toaster
Tiruin
ToonyMan
Dariush
Megaman
Jiokuy
zombie urist
Mod: So this was started...earlier than expected?

GlyphGryph: Shorten, why? Also, why the interest in that xenos weaponry?!

Toaster: Pace? You mean how this started, or the lack of other people playing?

Well, it is interesting, to say the least. We're down to a few people, so this promotes priority observation on every player.

Of course it is.  My scumhunting skills and pleasant banter will make this game a more enjoyable experience!
Banter with me, sir. Why aren't you showing those skills?

ToonyMan :
Have no free time on weekends?  How about being productive?  An unreasonable answer garners suspect and I find it useful.
Why evade the questionS given to you? Why do you intrinsically see newbies as scummy?

Dariush: Did you bring the RAEG cannon? Also, with the small number of people present, who do you fear the most among us all?

Megaman: Care to explain yourself with those votes and words? By the order of the Emperor, you're being quite loose with your tongue, sir.

Jiokuy: How confident do you feel, in this game of eight, about your skills, and from your BM fate?

zombie urist: Where did you see rolefishing in Toony's post?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 02:38:54 am »

I did answer the question, maybe it was unclear.  I'll mess with the quote:
Have no free time on weekends? 
Answer: How about being productive?  An unreasonable answer garners suspect and I find it useful.

Being a newb and telling others to "lay off you because you're a newb" aren't the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:49 am »

Also, I haven't played Mafia for a while, so please don't shoot lazorz at me for being a 'n00b'
Hm, now that you say it, makes sense.

Why are you so afraid of lazorz, Megaman? In accordance with my last question, we use good ol-fashioned gunpowder weaponry. Cybrids use lazorz.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 07:16:16 am »

GlyphGryph: Shorten, why? Also, why the interest in that xenos weaponry?!?
Because shorter days are better days. Shorter equals more pressure, more pressure equals easier to find scum. Not only can it be a great way to get information, but... I like short days.

and blink guns are cool. If its real, I certainly don't want the scum to get it. Especially the cybrids, because I've got no clue if humans can use it. And especially because I just realized that more of you may well be scum than imperials, and a vigkill would be quite nice, even if it did make me a target.

In accordance with my last question, we use good ol-fashioned gunpowder weaponry. Cybrids use lazorz.
Nah, it's actually humans that predominantly use lasers. Especially the Imperial Knights! Cybrids are more keen on stuff like blink weaponry and anachritron mines and radiation guns (Man, I need to be more creative with cybrid weaponry in my games). Blink weapons are nice because they skip the intervening space, bypassing all protection. I should totally run a tech-based cybrid-themed game.

That doesn't explain why he said it, though.

jiokuy, get in here.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:04 am »

@Toony If I could be any role, It would be interesting to read the Cybrid flavor

Tirun, Toony, Dariush, Glyph, how do you think your experience with CM#3 will affect this game?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2012, 07:27:04 am »

Jiokuy, I asked you that question. Why so focused on Toonyman?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2012, 07:29:29 am »

As to your question, it will probably prove a bit distracting since I'll be constantly thinking about balance issues and cool mechanics instead of hunting scum. In case you haven't noticed, I'm super excited about this whole thing, and I just hope it doesn't negatively impact my scumhunting too much.

This does not mean I will not be dangerous, or that I won't notice your slips, though.
* GlyphGryph narrows eyes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2012, 07:34:51 am »

@Toony If I could be any role, It would be interesting to read the Cybrid flavor

Tirun, Toony, Dariush, Glyph, how do you think your experience with CM#3 will affect this game?

Experience? Yeah, Jiokuy, experience in picking random people and controlling my emotions to see that it was a spike trap in the second day.

I don't think that would help at all.

And you forget, my question too, sir. My name has an I.

* Tiruin leans forward.

You evading me, boy?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2012, 07:49:37 am »

Tiruin:
Toaster: Pace? You mean how this started, or the lack of other people playing?

Well, it is interesting, to say the least. We're down to a few people, so this promotes priority observation on every player.
As in the gameplay experience.  It was a baited question, since you were both cybrid and rebel last game.  Since I had to explain it (and you misinterpreted it at first) all benefit is lost.

Of course it is.  My scumhunting skills and pleasant banter will make this game a more enjoyable experience!
Banter with me, sir. Why aren't you showing those skills?

Good things come to those who wait.

GG:  Why yell at people to "get in here" after only twelve hours since game start?

Jiouky:  Why not ask me that question?  I was in CM 3.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2012, 08:14:52 am »

GG:  Why yell at people to "get in here" after only twelve hours since game start?
It worked, didn't it? He was around, he should say something at least. And considering how fast he responded...
And pressure, man, pressure.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2012, 11:24:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To the origional question: I rather enjoy the flavor of this theme, It would be interesting to learn the Cybrid flavor.
I do not understand if the question about toony was directed at me?

I am sorry Toaster I must have missed your name in the logs.

@gryphon Your post was made while I was making mine. (The game started at 9:00 PM for me.)

@Toaster,So is there any insight gleaned from CM3 that you would care to share?

@Tirun I learn exponentially, this is a good practice of diplomacy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2012, 11:41:31 am »

I don't understand.

I asked you a question, and you explicitly answered as if Toony had asked it. Why?

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2012, 11:43:39 am »

Why so focused on Toonyman?
As so far as I have known the only question I have directed at toony was the one directed at 4 people (and toaster). Did you mean Tirun?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 11:53:21 am »

Very first thing you said was directed at Toony. You're evading the question. Why?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 12:59:33 pm »

@Tirun I learn exponentially, this is a good practice of diplomacy.
How does diplomacy relate to my question?
Jiokuy: How confident do you feel, in this game of eight, about your skills, and from your BM fate?

How is practicing diplomacy 'good'?

Why bring that up, anyway?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9