Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81215 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3: I can't balance.
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »

EBWOP: Now I get what you mean. I worded mine wrong, the roleblock was to only be made if that target would act on me specifically. So it's just a vanilla kill, with an auxiliary roleblock where the condition is: Target Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2012, 09:45:25 pm »

Extend.

Seriously? The activity falls like this?

Well, at least two more days left until Tuesday.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:04 pm »

WTF Tiruin. That kill is not an ability town would have.
Sure, tell that to Dariush.
How would you know, exactly? Why do you say such?
Dariush's "kill" was different in that it was reflexive and only killed if he or Native were targeted. OTOH, your kill not only works 100%, but also reflexively roleblocks your target. If I understand this correctly, this means that if you attempt to kill someone and they attempt to kill you at the same time, only your kill will go through. This is extremely unlikely as a town ability.

Also, why do you find it hard to believe 2 scum visited Scelly?  And why does this make Scelly more deserving of a vote than BMC? Furthermore, how is "about half of us are scum" a slip?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2012, 12:18:08 am »

WTF Tiruin. That kill is not an ability town would have.
Sure, tell that to Dariush.
How would you know, exactly? Why do you say such?
Dariush's "kill" was different in that it was reflexive and only killed if he or Native were targeted.
You're talking about that cat.

This is extremely unlikely as a town ability.
Like I said before, what exactly makes it such and what basis of comparison made you think so? Define "town ability" for me.

Also, why do you find it hard to believe 2 scum visited Scelly?  And why does this make Scelly more deserving of a vote than BMC? Furthermore, how is "about half of us are scum" a slip?
Try reading BMC's post, apparently, the lack of posts lead me to pressure them on having doubts, but more as I read it, it is nearly impossible for two scum to visit Scelly under his terms. Either that, or we have a really inept scumteam. In most Mafia games I've been in, they are outnumbered; and though it is probable, my gut doesn't feel right about what Scelly says. Especially on the pretense that two mafiosos targeted him explicitly.

Programmer: He thinks he was controlled by scum, as borno dies. But Darvi/borno's role isn't known by anyone else but scum and he acts like he knew it before the flip. Second, Phantom killed, or tried to kill him based on what he says. Thirdly, he doesn't know the programmer.

Scelly9:
Sorry for missing your questions, I got you and Toaster mixed up :/

EBWOP:

Nice other slip, scum.

-snip-
I'm not following. Toaster says I killed Borno, and the only reason I would have killed a towny while being controlled is if my controller was scum, or misguided. You'll notice I'm taking Toasters claim at face value because I don't have much of a choice.
What choice did you have then?

-snip
Does the Programmer know that he/she controls you?
I think so, at least if its an activateable ability then they do.
Activatable? Where did it say in your role that it is an activatable ability and how do you know that?

Also, the only other person who hasn't claimed was Captain Planet. Nobody ever has the Programmer ability or anything that is nearly related to that.

And, you never answered the why part of Toaster's question. That, and the fact that if your controller was scum then that would be a big hole in the game.

Who did you target on the first day?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46:52 am »

You're talking about that cat.
The other one was 1-shot.
Like I said before, what exactly makes it such and what basis of comparison made you think so? Define "town ability" for me.
"Town ability" is very broad, but an unlimited use kill+RB does not fall under that category. Think about it. Its extremely unbalanced.
By the way, you haven't claimed using the kill ability yet. Why haven't you used it?
Try reading BMC's post, apparently, the lack of posts lead me to pressure them on having doubts, but more as I read it, it is nearly impossible for two scum to visit Scelly under his terms. Either that, or we have a really inept scumteam. In most Mafia games I've been in, they are outnumbered; and though it is probable, my gut doesn't feel right about what Scelly says. Especially on the pretense that two mafiosos targeted him explicitly.
Programmer: He thinks he was controlled by scum, as borno dies. But Darvi/borno's role isn't known by anyone else but scum and he acts like he knew it before the flip. Second, Phantom killed, or tried to kill him based on what he says. Thirdly, he doesn't know the programmer.
I don't really follow this. Where does it sound like "he acts like he knew it before the flip"? How are points 2 and 3 relevant?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2012, 12:58:24 am »

The choice there was either believe Toaster that I killed Borno, or assume that I had done something else while being controlled.

Activatable? Where did it say in your role that it is an activatable ability and how do you know that?
It doesn't, however in my mind that's the only way it would really work.

Also, the only other person who hasn't claimed was Captain Planet. Nobody ever has the Programmer ability or anything that is nearly related to that.
Scum can lie, you know.

And, you never answered the why part of Toaster's question. That, and the fact that if your controller was scum then that would be a big hole in the game.
I'm not seeing this, can you link it?

What are you going on about, now?

Scelly:  Was it activated last night?
Yes.

Is it one time only?
I don't know, but I'm leaning towards yes, just because of game balance.

Are you saying whatever the programmer does on the night you use it you also do on whatever target you were targeting?
No, they control me for a night. Their actions use my body instead of theirs for one night.

Did you know ahead of time what it can do, and were you told what it did?
All I knew beforehand is what I told you guys. I was not told what it did, only that it was activated.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

Due to such, I'm thinking we may have multiple scumteams, or one incredibly powerful scumteam. Verging on the latter mostly, given what we've seen. Or, most players here have darned kills and are spending it willy-nilly. Or we have a vig that should kill every night.
Did a quick reread and saw this. If you are town and have a kill, you're a vig. You state here that you should kill every night. Why haven't you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2012, 04:54:20 am »

I really can see how you comprehend my sentences.

No I never stated I should kill every night. All of those were inferences to Hapah's question.

"Town ability" is very broad, but an unlimited use kill+RB does not fall under that category. Think about it. Its extremely unbalanced.
By the way, you haven't claimed using the kill ability yet. Why haven't you used it?

*Sigh*.

The reason I stated I didn't use it was because it's a one-shot, that would've subtly given it off for those who were actually reading into it. The reason why I didn't state that it was a one-shot was because I'm guarding the ability. The reason why I'm not using it was because I want to use my lore on kingsfoil. (Protect ; flavor for it. Kingsfoil is a medicinal herb.)

Besides, I'll ask you this. If you had a choice between a kill and a protect with no knowledge on everyone else's roles, what would you do?

I, would protect however.

Why are you so concerned if I choose to kill or not, ZU? You reflect damn everything. Oh, that may be very unbalanced. Very much unbalanced if I have to follow your thinking.

Strangely, you roleclaimed on incident, not because ToylK asked you to, if I have to remind you this.
Fullclaim:
My night ability is an automatic reflection of everything that is targeted at me. My other auto is that I know every action that is targeted at me. My 1-shot is that I can give another player a 1 use protect, roleblock, or inspect.
No one targeted me N1.

Let me round that question. Why didn't you use that one-shot? If so, why haven't you called it out? I mean, an inspect right there.

And look at all the autos! Very unbalanced indeed.

Could you state then, for us all, everyone who targeted you?

Hm...now, Scelly9.
The choice there was either believe Toaster that I killed Borno, or assume that I had done something else while being controlled.
So you say. And you say this as if you're hiding the fact that you actually acted: "believe Toaster" and such. Why cant you say exactly what happened, eh?

What are you going on about, now?
Scum hiding what they did and stalling for time, is what I'm going about. Why aren't you answering that simple question?
Quote from: This simple question

Are you saying whatever the programmer does on the night you use it you also do on whatever target you were targeting?
No, they control me for a night. Their actions use my body instead of theirs for one night.
Hoo boy. Lookie here.

"They".

Nice one, now you say you have multiple programmers. What gave you that inclination? You specifically stated:
I am Sonny, from I, Robot. I have the following abilities:
Auto: Dense Alloy, you can not be night killed.
Night, one-shot: You can defend yourself from anyone attempting to kill you, resulting in their death. (Used on D2, Phantom was killed)
Auto: Programmer, your programmer can control you for a single night, they add their abilities to you for the night you are controlled. (Activated on D2)

I don't see any "they". I see a "your".

May my English be damned if I get my singular-plural wrong. You're slipping, scum. Slipping hard with your evasion.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:06 am »

No I never stated I should kill every night. All of those were inferences to Hapah's question.
You stated a vig should kill every night. A town with a kill is a vig.

*Sigh*.
The reason I stated I didn't use it was because it's a one-shot, that would've subtly given it off for those who were actually reading into it. The reason why I didn't state that it was a one-shot was because I'm guarding the ability. The reason why I'm not using it was because I want to use my lore on kingsfoil. (Protect ; flavor for it. Kingsfoil is a medicinal herb.)
Besides, I'll ask you this. If you had a choice between a kill and a protect with no knowledge on everyone else's roles, what would you do?
I, would protect however.
If you said that earlier we could have saved a lot of time...

Why are you so concerned if I choose to kill or not, ZU? You reflect damn everything. Oh, that may be very unbalanced. Very much unbalanced if I have to follow your thinking.
Strangely, you roleclaimed on incident, not because ToylK asked you to, if I have to remind you this.
Let me round that question. Why didn't you use that one-shot? If so, why haven't you called it out? I mean, an inspect right there.
And look at all the autos! Very unbalanced indeed.
Could you state then, for us all, everyone who targeted you?
I'm concerned because last night there were 4 kills and 3 the night before that. I didn't use the 1-shot because thats not how my 1-shot works. I can't do an inspect, I can give someone else on inspect. I haven't used it because I haven't decided on a person to give it to. I've already stated no one visited me N1, you tried to do the demand N2.

By the way, "they" can be used as a singular pronoun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They
Quote from: wikipedia
The "singular" they is the use of this pronoun as a gender-neutral singular rather than as a plural pronoun. The correctness of this usage is disputed

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2012, 04:01:30 pm »

You stated a vig should kill every night. A town with a kill is a vig.
Huh?

Hm, it looks like you don't know that there are different types of vigilantes out there. Check a BM and look at the flash interactive Mafia link. There are vigilantes who have a one-shot kill, who have kills that have no end, and who have to kill every night because they should.

By the way, "they" can be used as a singular pronoun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They
The "singular" they is the use of this pronoun as a gender-neutral singular rather than as a plural pronoun. The correctness of this usage is disputed

. . .

I quit English forever.

You didn't answer my questions yet.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:28 am »

Just going to run through the posts that happened over the weekend, then get into my suspicions.

Tiruin: ....it's the weekend, ya know. Also:

YOU JUST GOT GRAMMAR'D!

ZU: It took me a couple of re-reads to get it, but I think he means that there are vigi's that HAVE to kill every night. They're like town-aligned SK's. Replace "should" with "must" and it makes perfect sense.

My primary suspect at this point is Scelly. My reasoning? His claim. Look at it:

Spoiler: Scelly Claim (click to show/hide)
-It has no repeatable night-action, which is a big red flag: EVERY person so far has had a repeatable action
-If a person only had a 1-shot I'd expect it to be one hell of a skill, not a one night PGO (when you are invulnerable to NK's anyway).
-Furthermore, it has a listed auto that actively hinders the person with it. I can't seem to find a scenario where this skill makes any sort of sense.

I can't see Scelly's claim as being legit, it just breaks the mold too much. I can rationalize Tiruin having 4 skills since one of them appears to be very niche (and he clarified his one skill), and ZU's very powerful reflect ability appears to be legit (Tiruin confirmed it, anyway).

So I'm going for Scelly, though please poke holes in my case. I think ZU and Tiruin are both town (they are making a pretty good show of hunting if they're faking it, anyway), and I don't really have a read on Planet/Toaster/BMC.

Finally: PLANET, GET IN HERE.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2012, 12:24:30 pm »

Scelly:

Scelly:  Was it activated last night?
Yes.

Is it one time only?
I don't know, but I'm leaning towards yes, just because of game balance.

Did you know ahead of time what it can do, and were you told what it did?
All I knew beforehand is what I told you guys. I was not told what it did, only that it was activated.

Yeah, I don't buy your claim at all.  You're trying to make out like you're essentially helpless while someone makes you run off and kill people?  That smells like heap of bullshit to me.

Mod:  Prod/replace on Captain Planet?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:03 pm »

Unvote. Toaster

Yeah, I don't buy your claim at all.  You're trying to make out like you're essentially helpless while someone makes you run off and kill people?  That smells like heap of bullshit to me.
This is the laziest shit I've seen.  >:(

You didn't answer my questions yet.
Which questions?

ZU: It took me a couple of re-reads to get it, but I think he means that there are vigi's that HAVE to kill every night. They're like town-aligned SK's. Replace "should" with "must" and it makes perfect sense.
That... makes sense I guess.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2012, 06:17:46 pm »

Will be out and about for most of this evening, so posting now. Will check it again late tonight

Mod: Seconded concerning Planet. He hasn't been on in about five or six days, though. :/

We've got about a day left, so let's make the most of it! No activity is bad, bad news. I gave the recent posts a quick re-read, and here's what I think:

Scelly is still my vote, for reasons outlined earlier today. I would really like a reply from Scelly, though.

I chalked BMC up as town at first, but the more I think about it the less certain I get. In particular, his claim of taking no action N1 (I just noticed this, glad I did the re-read) sets off an alarm to me.

Tiruin seems a little off to me, but there's nothing I can really hang a hat on besides the claiming-four-skills thing. It definitely made me take a harder look, but I'm not dusting off my pitchfork just yet.

I think Toaster is town. He claimed a track on Scelly visiting a dead man and was correct about it, as far as I can tell. (And this might be meta, but I don't think I've ever seen a scum or 3rd party with a track ability. Not saying that it can't happen, but I haven't seen it before).

I think ZU isn't scum. Probably the best scumhunting so far in the game, and at least one semi-confirmed skill that would be garbage on scum but is great on town/3rd party.

PPE:

ZU: It does seem kinda lazy, but I do share his sentiment. Scelly gets caught visiting a corpse, says "someone else made me do it", and claims to not even have a skill that he can aim at anyone. It just seems so far removed from all the other roles I've seen that I can't believe it is as he says.

And yeah, it was confusing. I decided to check the Flash thing that Tiruin talked about once you brought up the contradiction, and it's a thing, much to my surprise (Overeager Vigilante). That's the only way I can read what he says that makes sense. Can't say that I've ever seen a game with one of those, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2012, 06:28:17 pm »

The biggest reason that I don't think Scelly is scum is the death of PotL. No one that died could have done it, and no one else has claimed the kill. I find it very unlikely that 2 scum would try to kill each other like this.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30