Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81188 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3: I can't balance.
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

Current post count in this thread for borno: Two.

Humph.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »

Scelly, why did you kill Borno?

Given there are seven people alive and likely three mafia left, given four scum is a good number for a 16 man game, it's massclaim time.

I am Longcat, and I have three abilities.

I automatically track someone at random each night (and have no regular night action in return).  N1 I saw Phantom visit Scelly.  N2 I saw Scelly visit Borno.
I have a one-shot night action to block and protect someone.  It's unused.
I have another one shot action to hide someone for the night, making them untargetable for that night.  It's also unused.

Claim up, folks!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »

I'll take all this in and make a post tonight, but:

How in the hell do FOUR people die?

Seeing you're new to games like these (role/ability variance and what not), here's a grain of salt. (NKs should not be relied on for pertinent information muchly, as scum can lie and town tell the truth, both with little to prove who told what, unless there are competent trackers/watchers.)

Deaths may occur due to many ways: Multiple mafiakills | SK third party kill | Poisoning | Vengeance Kill | Reflect Kill(?) | Bodyguard-style kill-on-self-defense | Last-vote-kill-upon-death and much more...

Due to such, I'm thinking we may have multiple scumteams, or one incredibly powerful scumteam. Verging on the latter mostly, given what we've seen. Or, most players here have darned kills and are spending it willy-nilly. Or we have a vig that should kill every night.

Meh. Toaster PPE'd me.

Toaster: What makes you feel about that scum number and how did you come up with that conclusion?

I am Thranduil, Sylvan Elf and King of the Woodland Realm (in J.R.R. Tolkein's novels).

I have four abilities, one of which is known by ZU.

One is that Demand.
One is a Protect.
Auto is me being an Elf. And it is labelled 'Elf'...
Last is an unused Kill.

D1: Visited Jack A T. with my herbal lore
D2: Visited ZU. with my demand, got reflected. Heard my own voice...gah.

Too sleepy to give a detailed post, but claiming now as with the death rate as it is, going for the massclaim too.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2012, 05:41:07 pm »

Toaster: Answer my question please.
Toaster, why did you FOS TolyK earlier?

Why the claim there?
TolyK asked to.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:13 pm »

Tiruin:  Standard Mafia balance dictates that ~25% of the players are mafia, assuming one mafia team.  Four mafia in a 16 man game is pretty common.  If there were 20, I'd expect five.  I'm not sure what "what makes you feel about that scum number" means, but I hope that answered your question.

Zombie U:  My bad- was rushing and missed your question.  The combinations of things I mentioned him claiming was highly suspect, and I didn't trust his D2 massclaim push (since that's basically what it was.)  It was certainly worthy of a FoS.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »

I am lil cal, and surprisingly not a jester!
I can have bro flash step someone to role-block them, whoever kills me will regret it via roleblock for the next kill cycle, and I have a one shot vote block, which I thiiink I used on captain planet yesterday because I was trying to avoid decision.

On D1 I didn't do anything because I didn't feel the need to.
On D2, I role blocked either zombie urist or Tiruin (it's not in my PMs and I don't remember) and I was blocked by something really scary (probably borno).

Spoiler: original Spiel (click to show/hide)
Scelly is totes scum. I'm interested in seeing the fake role he puts up though.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:57 pm »

Powder: Bah.  You used my old, broken image in your post, instead of the working one I sent you later.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

Ok, here's mine.

I am Sonny, from I, Robot. I have the following abilities:
Auto: Dense Alloy, you can not be night killed.
Night, one-shot: You can defend yourself from anyone attempting to kill you, resulting in their death. (Used on D2, Phantom was killed)
Auto: Programmer, your programmer can control you for a single night, they add their abilities to you for the night you are controlled. (Activated on D2)

My Auto ability got tripped. It appears that the controller was scum :/

Scelly is totes scum.
That's some nice reasoning you have there.

I'll post more in a bit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And
EVERYBODY. I don't want your role, but I want your action, to see who's lying. I know some more stuff and want to see who will lie about their night action. If you killed someone, SAY IT (unless you're an anti-town role, obviously.)

It would be cool to win this game on logic.

Why the claim there?
TolyK asked to.

I don't see him asking to claim the role.

My Auto ability got tripped. It appears that the controller was scum :/

Scelly9, This sounds...wrong. Just wrong. Maybe gut feeling, but it seems that you're subtly evading the 'why' concept of the kill.

Hm. So assuming your Programmer thing was used, and the one-shot was also used, wouldn't you be controlled and not affecting your programmer?

Does the Programmer know that he/she controls you?

BMC,
On D2, I role blocked either zombie urist or Tiruin (it's not in my PMs and I don't remember) and I was blocked by something really scary (probably borno).
How can you not possibly remember who you actually acted upon? How isn't it in your PMs. All PMs have an inbox and an outbox or 'sent folder'. If you don't have the option of automatically storing sent PMs to be visible, check the sent folder.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:57 am »

Sorry for the delay, RL got in the way.

Tiruin: I guess that's true, but JESUS. This thing is a freakin' bloodbath.

ZU: I like that auto-detect who visits you ability, but I don't know that I would have claimed the reflect-actions one. Is Tiruin the only person that targeted you?

BMC: I'm not 100% sure, but I think posting your role word-for-word is a no-no.

Scelly: I'm not quite sure that I understand, but I've gotta go. I'll post again tomorrow.

And I guess roleclaims are the cool thing to do now?

I'm a guy sticking out of a car moonroof, 'cause Powder didn't recognize the person. >__> I'm resistant to roleblocks, a bodyguard, and I can make one action unpreventable. I tried to guard Daruish N1 and got blocked, and guarded Toaster N2.

PPE: Goddamnit I need to go to bed. I'll respond tomorrow.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2012, 01:08:08 am »

ZU: I like that auto-detect who visits you ability, but I don't know that I would have claimed the reflect-actions one. Is Tiruin the only person that targeted you?
Yes. Why wouldn't you claim it?

Tiruin: Must have read it wrong then.

Zombie U:  My bad- was rushing and missed your question.  The combinations of things I mentioned him claiming was highly suspect, and I didn't trust his D2 massclaim push (since that's basically what it was.)  It was certainly worthy of a FoS.
You missed it twice. What happened to your case on Captain Planet? What made Captain Planet more deserving of a vote than TolyK?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

ZU: Because it could have been a nasty, nasty surprise for scum. Though I guess doctors can protect themselves now, by bouncing it off you, so it's still kinda useful.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:24 am »

@Tiurin: It's not checked by default and I never messed around with my PM settings. Powder Miner: I lost that PM (obviously) of my roleblock. If you don't believe me it's in the settings tab on PMs.

@Scelly: That seems pretty fishy. You've lost my vote, but I'll probably roleblock you for the night...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2012, 09:55:02 am »

@Scelly: That seems pretty fishy. You've lost my vote, but I'll probably roleblock you for the night...

You...

You need to mark 'unvote' in red. To...unvote.

Also, what? You drop your vote as soon as you're called out on it? Then tell your (probable) action out loud?

Scelly is totes scum.
That's some nice reasoning you have there.
. . .

Why in the world did you vote?

I'll post more in a bit.
And Scelly. Where is your more in a bit?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2012, 10:32:38 am »

I am lil cal, and surprisingly not a jester!
I can have bro flash step someone to role-block them, whoever kills me will regret it via roleblock for the next kill cycle, and I have a one shot vote block, which I thiiink I used on captain planet yesterday because I was trying to avoid decision.

On D1 I didn't do anything because I didn't feel the need to.

Spoiler: original Spiel (click to show/hide)

Also, BMC, what you say on what happened in D2 totally conflicts each other.

Why aren't you scumhunting at all?

@UI: I'm using it because it's hilarious, and allows me to insult Tijuana because it's meant to be mildly derogatory and CaptainPlanet becuase he either didn't spell it correctly or deleted it out of the thread (searching my spelling in the topic, the one recognized by spell-check, will only yield my posts).

Oh, right. Insult. Ok, with all that, why aren't you answering my damn questions?!

And don't dare reply that you can't find them after this.

. . .

So I'll restate all my questions here, just for you.

Who do you think is scum, not deriving anything from the NK, nor from that loverchat, and why.

Oh shit, I'm looking pretty implicated... I'll try to kludge together a post before I leave for soccer practice...

Why the panic here?
And if you did answer it in another post, then restate.

I'm not trying to do much specifically, other than find and kill scum.
Through what method?

And lastly, why aren't you questioning anyone?

And you totally missed this.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30