Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81161 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Don't be smart there.

Look, when we mean post more, we mean by relevant information, not just the obvious habit of posting to post.

>Promised I would post more
>Posts more

Seems like I delivered what I promised.

Also I find it laughable how you are oh-so-certain that BMC is a Jester.

And I find it laughable to see that you don't even try to explain yourself.

. . .

Two damn jesters. Or just annoying survivors just like what happened in the other Mafia.

Double post:

What, only when I am threatened I post more? I haven't posted much of anything after being "threatened" (I put threatened in quotes because I have been nowhere near threatened)

Then if so, you're being quite damn useless. Scumhunt, boy.

=SNIP=

In case I'm mistaken, I made no such that promise I would ask questions today. So there is no Failure to Deliver here.
I am active lurking however, I'm not afraid to admit to that. I'm trying to get a feel of everybody and playing a bit out of my element this game. Day Two will be a much better posting day for me don't you worry.

Seriously, I believe either you, BMC or ToylK are damn BOMBS. Either that; Jesters, or third-parties. Survivors most likely and does not care for whoever wins in the end.

And to be frank, this just ruins playing the game.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

It's not my fault you believe my scumpick to be Jester.
You lot seem pretty tunneled into that idea.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Что = what (in russian)

Your one-shot shows part of the target's image? That's hard to believe, unless it's just a description rather than a photoshop-paint-and-post-on-the-net.
As for your question (damn multitasking), redirecting a kill to an already-gonna-die person would basically waste the kill, which is the same effect as initially targeting one person to die.
What makes me pretty sure is that judging by what I know a kill was "wasted" last night, and it had something to do with cars. I personally roleblocked someone this night (damn one-shot) and I think I may have hit. Add the percentages up and you get a pretty good chance of a kill being wasted.
And because powder miner probably went a bit wild with killing roles, *whistles*

Does that russian speak have something to do with your pic, I wonder?

Attempting to subtly use a power through in-context words?

And, what? That last sentence, I do not get.

And it's not mine that you sound to be implicating yourself with them. Am I blaming you for his actions? No.

What the hell made you say that?!

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

What do you mean "what made me say that"

I believe BMC to be scum
People seem to believe he's Jester.

Therefore people believe my scumpick is Jester

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

TolyK:
Your one-shot shows part of the target's image? That's hard to believe, unless it's just a description rather than a photoshop-paint-and-post-on-the-net.
Hard to believe but true. I see about a quarter of a person's face (about what PotL's avatar's mask covers, but on the other side of his face), I think it's a guy, he's got gray hair, is looking to the right (his left), is wearing glasses, and looks kinda pissed off. Definitely not a cat in the slightest.

As for your question (damn multitasking), redirecting a kill to an already-gonna-die person would basically waste the kill, which is the same effect as initially targeting one person to die.
Oh yeah, that would do it.

What makes me pretty sure is that judging by what I know a kill was "wasted" last night, and it had something to do with cars. I personally roleblocked someone this night (damn one-shot) and I think I may have hit. Add the percentages up and you get a pretty good chance of a kill being wasted.
So... you know a kill was wasted. How?
Also, who did you block and why?

Tiruin:
Seriously, I believe either you, BMC or ToylK are damn BOMBS.
Bombs? What? Why do you think they're bombs?

CaptainPlanet:
Is there anyone else you're suspicious of, and if so why aren't you questioning them?

Scelly9: I see. Unvote.

BMC: I hope you are a jester, because I'm okay with letting jesters win. You're not contributing at all. I've gone over your activity today:

-Insulting Dariush because of loverchat, being willing to vote him if he was alive again just because he's a raging asshole (which he is) regardless of his alignment

(Seriously, there has to be someone who looks scummy at this point).
And why haven't you been doing anything about them? You can't just wait for the scum to slip up, you have to pressure them and make them slip.

-"See, I can't be scum! Really! I'm acting all wrong!"

And I know you've been online since then, but you've started lurking. Never a good sign.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

>Promised I would post more
>Posts more

Seems like I delivered what I promised.

Also I find it laughable how you are oh-so-certain that BMC is a Jester.
I'm mean actual content Captain Scummyplanet.
Whether or not I think he is a Jester is less relevant, he's still the easy lynch here, heck you may even be bussing him.

Double post:

What, only when I am threatened I post more? I haven't posted much of anything after being "threatened" (I put threatened in quotes because I have been nowhere near threatened)
Well, well, well, my dear Captain Scumbag, we seem to be getting nervous don't we. Double posting, trying to convince us that you're "not threatened" via words when your actions say the opposite.  Heck, I could tell you all day that I'm the Queen of England, but that doesn't make it anymore true. 
A vote counts as a threat FYI, and you have become pretty defensive now that I've done so.

Honestly, for my own sanity I can't believe anything else.  I refuse to believe that a townie could behave that way, and if he was scum his buddy would be either yelling at him or bussing him by this point, which actually might be what you're doing here. As I look more, I'm less convinced that BMC is a Jester and more willing to accept that he may be noobscum, but I believe we have a better target namely: you.

When I say participation and posting I mean things that are actually relevant, not stuff like:
Well that's a pretty depressing response!
And going for the easy lynch just so you look like you're participating.

For example: Imiknorris has actually been asking questions and scumhunting around.  You on the other hand have been sitting back in your scum-covered easy chair and sipping the wine that your target has been throwing out for an easy lynch.

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

A lot of signal here, and a lot more noise.  Let's go ahead and extend though I doubt it needs more votes.

BMC:  As best as I can tell, you're making up stuff as you go along because you have no idea how to hunt scum.  Quick breakdown:

Lover chat:  You shouldn't have read that, you really shouldn't have reposted it, and you really shouldn't be drawing conclusions from it.  Anything there is just two townies talking, which has as much value as what they've said in thread.

Trying to interpret bah posts:  They're just flavor.  Ignore.

I don't expect to make it to the end of this day, honestly. It'll be a wasted lynch, but I think with three kills on D1 the mafia already had the upper hand.

This kind of post gets you nowhere.  Don't post it.

Although I didn't necessarily mean to convince everyone that I'm a jester, this has probably scared the mafioso into shying away from night killing me. YOU HEAR ME YOU FIENDS!?  I'LL HAVE YOU YET! (Seriously, there has to be someone who looks scummy at this point).

Ditto.

Dariush calls everyone goatfuckers and various insults on that level.  You should ignore him.

That whole beginner's bit probably proves I'm not a jester so much as a moron who wiggled his way into a regular game. If I was scum that'd mean that people would be able to tell me to straighten up, and do it fast. Have I? I think we all know the answer to that question. (Then again, a mafioso would be the only one concerned with his image, although if we lynch town today we're probably pretty well fucked.)

This is terrible WIFOM.  WIFOM is bad.

Get your act together and start hunting scum.

Captain Planet:  I asked you a question.

Since you have my attention now, let's look more. 

I don't believe BMC is a Jester. He's either a mafiat flailing like a fish out of water, or a really jumpy townie. As to which, I lean the former.

Vote: BMC

I don't like this one bit.  You're leaving yourself an out in case of mislynch- so you can say "Oops, guess he was townie after all!  See, I said so right here."

In case I'm mistaken, I made no such that promise I would ask questions today. So there is no Failure to Deliver here.

Regardless of any promises to do so, there is still an expectation to participate.  Since you explicitly said you weren't doing much of anything D1, you need to step it up D2 or get lynched.

So far you have attacked BMC (easy target) and... who?  Do you have any other picks?

Urist I:
And again, what makes you pretty damn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or protected against, and how would redirecting a kill stop it?

Blatant rolefishing.

BMC: I hope you are a jester, because I'm okay with letting jesters win. You're not contributing at all. I've gone over your activity today:

So you hope you're lynching a jester instead of scum?  Interesting.

Jack:  I was waiting for you to post, and no other strong suspicions jumped out that warranted a vote move.

If you prefer to lynch scum, why contribute to the BMC-wagon now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

lmao.

Oh please, a double post does not mean I'm nervous. It means I read something I missed that needed to be addressed.
Yes I'm aware a vote counts as a threat, but coming from you it's nowhere close to threatening. (I am insulting you)

Dealing in absolutes is a terrible idea. You shouldn't throw out a possibility simply because you haven't seen a townie/mafiat act a certain way. That's a little silly.

It's funny, you know a scumbuddy to BMC could do the things you said, or they could try to cover it up and cry Jester. Or cry Bomb. or cry Survivor role much like how Tiajuana has been doing. and yes Tiruin, I am now calling you Tiajuana.
You too, Library, were in this boat of "he must be a Jester!" Until you made your little u-turn into considering him to be "noobscum",

Captain Planet and Hapah:  Why did you end the day without voting?  Who do you suspect and why?

Because I didn't feel there was a candidate worthy of my vote.

I feel like this a major step-up from D1.

The only other blip on my radar is TolyK. But it's all hunch-based and nothing much of actual evidence.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Urist I:
And again, what makes you pretty damn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or protected against, and how would redirecting a kill stop it?
Blatant rolefishing.
Meh. If he's gonna say something like that he'd better be ready to support it.

So you hope you're lynching a jester instead of scum?  Interesting.
For his sake. Mostly I just want him to stop spewing wine - it's very distracting.

CaptainPlanet:
The only other blip on my radar is TolyK. But it's all hunch-based and nothing much of actual evidence.
So why aren't you questioning him?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

lmao.
I'm glad I was able to get a laugh out of you, I always try my hardest you know.

Oh please, a double post does not mean I'm nervous. It means I read something I missed that needed to be addressed.
I am aware that it doesn't always, but the more nervous one is the more they miss in a hurry to defend themselves, it isn't actually really a scum-tell, but it got you talking didn't it Captain Neurosiscum?

Yes I'm aware a vote counts as a threat,
Oh, good, we have that down then.

but coming from you it's nowhere close to threatening. (I am insulting you)
Oh, really?  I never would have guessed, your insults are so subtle after all.

Dealing in absolutes is a terrible idea. You shouldn't throw out a possibility simply because you haven't seen a townie/mafiat act a certain way. That's a little silly.
I don't.  What absolutes are you referring to?

It's funny, you know a scumbuddy to BMC could do the things you said, or they could try to cover it up and cry Jester. Or cry Bomb. or cry Survivor role much like how Tiajuana has been doing. and yes Tiruin, I am now calling you Tiajuana.
If you think that he's scum why don't you just say so up front instead of such a roundabout manner?  Why so hesitant to call anyone scum but the WIFOM-spewing obv-lynch, Captain Scumbot?  Are we a little nervous about accusing anybody that isn't screaming LYNCH ME in all caps, because you know they're innocent? Hhhhm?

You too, Library, were in this boat of "he must be a Jester!" Until you made your little u-turn into considering him to be "noobscum",
U-turn?  More like a lane change.  I said that I thought it was an actual possibility now, rather than before when I didn't.  I still think he's a jester, but I'm open to the idea of noobscum if someone can provide the evidence of such that differentiates from that of a jester.  Unless he's an mastermind of some sort who's capable of convincing us all that we shouldn't lynch him because his every action says "LYNCH ME NOW!"

I feel like this a major step-up from D1.
As do I.  At least you're actually posting now Captain I'mTooGoodforRVScum.  Doing nothing but defending yourself since you're more worried about your own life than the town's success, but at least you're fully showing your scumminess so there are no qualms about lynching you.

Then ask him some questions if you're suspicious of him.  Oh, that's right, all you're concerned about is looking like town, you don't actually care about catching scum, since you are actually.  (I'm calling you scum in case you didn't notice)

PPE: Ninja'd By Imiknorris.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Seriously, I believe either you, BMC or ToylK are damn BOMBS.
Bombs? What? Why do you think they're bombs?

Well, I am putting the benefit of the doubt that they all are being newbies, except for ToylK: argument against him is in the above posts, other than him spewing out information, laced with WIFOM or not; from where I see it, they're acting as if all this speculation (read: not scumhunting) would actually help. And say it from "If I were scum...".

None of them are even scumhunting, or convincing others that they are doing such.

That, and the fact that BMC knows he's going out today and doesn't do a damn thing to avert this crisis.

'Bomb' because, well, in addition to the third-party and pressure (totally unsure if this is a third-party, but my inferring says so from the flash Mafia guide; the things with 'Pro-', but as this is a BYOP, I guess it can also be mafia or survivor-styled, with the variance in roles), it seems that they quite don't care if they're lynched at all. That survivor attitude that doesn't care, to say bluntly.

The 'bomb' part was also just my own fathomed guess, acting also as a pressure word, seeing their reaction.

UI, could you clarify why you would probably want a Jester lynched? I have no experience whatsoever when facing them, other than knowing they're third-party, have an unexpected event when achieving win and win upon death.

lmao.

Yes I'm aware a vote counts as a threat, but coming from you it's nowhere close to threatening. (I am insulting you)

Thanks for the obvious, Captain. U r insulting us, I c what u did thar.

Seriously, again. You're just lashing out now and pointing out the obvious, if you can't get my drift.

This whole quote reeks of defensiveness, including that quip you put up at the start.

Thanks for the sobriquet by the way, I'm glad you choose to treat Mafia like so. This is srs bznss, and your actions are just proving my cause on you.

Stupid third-parties.

ToylK, I still have my vote on you. Don't go hiding just because your buddies are drawing flak for you.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Man, where is everyone?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, where is everyone?

And the Mod...

Vote count and Time count please.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Blackmagechill: I did ask you questions in my last post, and while some were in the spoiler, not all were.  Please answer them.

Jack A T:
In addition to BMC, Zrk2 stupidly shot himself in the foot, people didn't do much, and everything kind of sucked.  To summarize my thoughts on day 1: The fuck?

BMC: Please, please join the next Beginner's Mafia.  Please.

Could you expound on which manners of fuck that you may be thinking about?
Tiruin: Largely, what the fuck was Blackmagechill thinking?  And, for that matter, what the fuck was Zrk2 thinking?  I'm going to need to reread D1, to see if I missed anything while distracted by the madness, but those were my basic thoughts.

Jack A T: Who do you think, among us all, is the most dangerous as scum? As town to scum?
Tiruin: Well...um...out of the people still alive, I know almost nobody.  Most dangerous as scum, of living players I know: You, Imiknorris, and I.  Most dangerous to scum as town: You and Imiknorris, I guess.

Alright, I've seen your games with the others (Toaster comes to mind out of the rest), why not include him in there? And why am I in there actually?

And...why the double trio?

...right, forgot Toaster when answering that question.  Throw him in to both lists.  For that matter, Hapah looks pretty good.

You're in there because I was rather desperate for more of an answer than one name, and I don't have a very wide selection. (I barely know anyone this game, especially with 4 of the people I know having died already).

Not sure what you're referring to as a "double trio".  Please explain.

And I'm pretty goddamn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or doctored.
TolyK: Why?

But last night I watched Jack, and saw that he was town and that he wasn't one. And that was my one-shot.
Urist Imiknorris: Why inspect me?  Also, as there's nothing in my picture that is a dead giveaway of what my role is, or even very likely to reveal much...can you describe the part of the picture that you saw (if that is what your power let you see)?

I don't believe BMC is a Jester. He's either a mafiat flailing like a fish out of water, or a really jumpy townie. As to which, I lean the former.
CaptainPlanet: I feel I must ask, as others have already asked (without you answering them, I will note) (seriously, answer questions)...WHY?

It is partially your fault if you don't bother explaining why you have your opinions.  If you want to actually convince anyone, don't just throw insults around and make smartass posts.  Give arguments!  Give reasoning!

Jack:  I was waiting for you to post, and no other strong suspicions jumped out that warranted a vote move.

If you prefer to lynch scum, why contribute to the BMC-wagon now?
Toaster: D'accord.  BMC was, at the time, the best lynch target, in my eyes: probable anti-town.  However, he wasn't a great lynch target: probably a mere jester.

...the fuck.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

TolyK

Reasons:
1. No scum hunting
2. Calling out lurkers
3. "Helpful but useless" posts. Ex: lurkertracker link

More later, at school
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30