Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102259 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Night 1
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »

It's worth noting that only suspecting people that vote you is pretty shitty play.
Implying what Shakerag (and you) are doing is not scummy.
That's not true though.  Where are you getting these ideas from?

That being Darvi, Flandre, and myself lynching Tiruin.  Maybe I should have made this more obvious, my bad.
Oh hey, while you're at it, just scream 'HEY GUYS I'M TOWN SERIOUSLY BELIEVE ME I'M SO TOWN I'M THE TOWNIEST OF TOWNS GASP THE SCUM DIDN'T KILL ME THEY MUST BE TRYING TO FRAME ME BUT SERIOUSLY I'M SO TOWN I DON'T HAVE AN IDEA WHY SCUM DIDN'T KILL ME I'M TOWNNNNNNNNNNNN'.
Well, no.  It's just more much likely I think.  Either horrible scum or a third party aren't accounted for I would say.  And third parties are the only real threat to competent players.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

The first thing that I would like to say is that Zombie Urist is likely town; the argument he set up against me last night was designed to bear more weight after his flip. He really does believe that I am scum.

You haven't seemed to be working to get any leads.
I don't have to argue over semantics to be getting any leads, ZU. If I do find something original that I reasonably believe is scummy, I will say so.

Ignoring your predecessor would not be scummy. No one replaces in and starts justifying the replacee's actions. The fact that you did suggests you in fact do have something to hide.
Your major argument against me at the time was Think's behaviour, so my telling you what I thought of his cry for attention was warranted. I am not hiding anything, and by being honest, I thought I could alleviate the bias.

Its funny how you don't include yourself in that list.
For the purposes of the question, I was accounted for. If my argument was valid in context, his answer would have been more meaningful to me that way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

Yeah I believe Zombie Urist is likely town now as well because of his arguments yesterday(game-time) at the end.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2012, 02:23:59 pm »

PFP:  Re-read finished; Dariush gets my vote.
A vote switch several hours from the day end without any argumentation. Explain, Shakerag.

Shakerag:
PFP:  Re-read finished; Dariush gets my vote. 
Could this have waited until you were in a position to post, or were you afraid that the day would end without you getting a word in? We'll need more than this to be satisfied.

Wanted to make sure I got it in before day end.  Didn't know how busy I'd be later. 

Basically, he's acting fairly passive and responded poorly to Toony's line of questioning in my opinion.  If he were not scum, he'd shrug off what Toony was saying, not OMGUS him.

Way to not read anything after that post, Dariush.  In addition to my reasons from yesterday, I'll add on that I can't bring myself to believe that ToonyMan is D1 bussing scum, so your continued crusade against ToonyMan feels even more like you're trying to get him mislynched because he's on to you.  Oh, and, you know, trying to start off D2 by voting me and somehow ignoring that I did post reasons for voting you before the end of D1. 

From my perspective, it looks like ToonyMan is shaking quite a few trees, and that's making some people very nervous.  I'm inclined to think that Darvi isn't scum for the same reasons I think ToonyMan isn't scum, but there's always the possibility that Darvi could be 3rd party. 

Orangebottle:  Do you still feel that ZU is scum? 

Obligatory lurkertracker check shows a fair number of people not posting in a very long time.  IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE (who has two posts all game), and Powder Miner.  Contribute or replace, but please do something. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

Going to have to be replaced, sorry. Going to be very busy over the next two weeks.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

Zombie:
Because Flandre is not Think. While they share a role, there could be any number of reasons as to why Think was acting scummy before he asked for a replacement(including the possibility that he was scum). Whatever it was, it was enough for him to ask for a replacement. Thus, Flandre shouldn't be judged by Think's actions, but by her own.
Wait Think was scummy, so he asked for a replace? Why are you trying to justify Think's scumminess now? Although there may be other reasons for Think's scumminess, the most likely one is that he is scum. Either way, Flandre's actions are scummy, so my vote stays on her.
...Derp. I worded that terribly. That post without the middle line of "Whatever it was...replacement" is what I meant. I have no idea why I posted that. I'm not trying to justify Think being scummy; I'm trying to tell you that Think could have looked scummy for reasons other than being scum, and that Flandre may not have those reasons. Essentially, judge Flandre by her actions, not Think's.

Flandre:
The first thing that I would like to say is that Zombie Urist is likely town; the argument he set up against me last night was designed to bear more weight after his flip. He really does believe that I am scum.
I don't see your logic. Could you elaborate?

Shake:
Orangebottle:  Do you still feel that ZU is scum?
I think it's just as likely that Zombie Urist is scum. What's even more likely now, however, is that ToonyMan is scum.

Toony:
Okay so I get back early (by chance) and not even a tie-breaker vote?  For shame.  I'm will vote Tiruin because I don't like the people voting zombie urist and I think he's getting scapegoated.  This was a somewhat difficult choice but out of the two I think I'm making the better decision here.
Please, explain how Zombie Urist was being scapegoated.

I'm actually shocked Toaster was killed and not one of the lynchers, I feel so bad for you Toaster what did you even do this time.
'The lynchers'?
That being Darvi, Flandre, and myself lynching Tiruin.  Maybe I should have made this more obvious, my bad.
"Oh my god, who could've guessed that Toaster was gonna be killed? Look, Town, I'm acting shocked that your vigilante is dead, because obviously one of the lynchers would've died because the scum is known for it's predictability."
The fuck?
Toony, why all of this speculation about why scum killed who?
This is pretty stupid.  I'm actually surprised by this.  Isn't it better to well, figure out who scum are?  I mean by how Day 1 went we can infer who are more likely scum by how they interacted with Tiruin.  Unless you know something we don't know etc etc
That doesn't really answer the question at all. Not even a bit.
"Why are you speculating about the nightkill?"
"Because we can look at how people interacted with Tiruin to find the scum!"
Am I the only one seeing the logic break here?

Gonna stop LURKING IronyOwl??  Share some thoughts man!
And Jokerman's last post was April 13th, an entire week ago.
Why are you only going after the lurkers?

So you're excusing your buddying with wine that can be caused by an early bus?
No no no, I will simply not accept this.  That's so fucking stupid.  Do you remember how the day ended?  I got back from classes 30 minutes beforehand and it was still a tie.  I broke the tie by voting Tiruin, who was scum, there's no way in hell I would ever do that as scum.  I would shoot myself.
I can think of at least one situation in which scum would break a tie between two other scum. Also, this book now belongs to you.

In sum:
-Gloating
-Wine
-Fake-answer
-Lynch All Lurkers

Yeah, there's no way you aren't scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08:00 pm »

EBWOP:

Darvi:
Really? That's it? >:|
My Sig

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:21 pm »

Well I have genuine interest in IronyOwl besides him not being here.  I wrote quite a bit about it.  And yeah, I think you're probably scum Orangebottle.  You saw that you could vote Zombie easily and went for it.  I'm pretty confident his replies weren't insincere at all.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »

Short post for now.

Toony: Scum bussing lynches aren't unheard of. Also can you elaborate on why you voted Tiruin instead of me?

Orangebottle: I've said many times now that I have reasons to think Flandre is scum based on her actions.

Flandre:
Don't understand this. After who's flip?

Top scumpicks: Flandre, Orangebottle, Toonyman. Toonyman looks 3rd party.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »

I don't see your logic. Could you elaborate?
Only a condemned townie would devise an argument against someone with his/her own role-flip in mind. If Zombie died and flipped town, everything he posted would have been sincere, and that includes his last-minute attack on me. It turned out that ZU didn't die after all, so he had something like a Mafia-Style Near-Death ExperienceŽ.

Don't understand this. After who's flip?
Yours, although I doubt myself now that you had no idea what I was saying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2012, 07:13:57 pm »

Toony: Scum bussing lynches aren't unheard of. Also can you elaborate on why you voted Tiruin instead of me?
What you need to understand is that I could have held off 30 minutes easily and let the vote tie.  It's simply idiotic to bus in that situation.  It's not WIFOM.  It's logic.

I voted Tiruin because honestly you were posting a whole hell of a lot for somebody who could die at any moment.  Tiruin didn't seem to care and I remember pointing out a contradiction he said earlier in the game that was pretty big (the topic was scum buddies).  Then Flandre made a new case on him as well (ignoring a question and doing something else I believe).  As for you the case Orangebottle had on you I think is pretty wrong and lazy.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »

Well I have genuine interest in IronyOwl besides him not being here.  I wrote quite a bit about it.
Where did that happen?

And yeah, I think you're probably scum Orangebottle.  You saw that you could vote Zombie easily and went for it.  I'm pretty confident his replies weren't insincere at all.
And where did this happen? I don't remember saying that Zombie was lying.

You only responded one of my points. Are you trying to say that the rest are valid?
Because if you don't, I'll assume that they are.

What you need to understand is that I could have held off 30 minutes easily and let the vote tie.  It's simply idiotic to bus in that situation.  It's not WIFOM.  It's logic.
There are reasons you would've lynched Tiruin yesterday as scum.
Spoiler: Useless Speculation (click to show/hide)

I voted Tiruin because honestly you were posting a whole hell of a lot for somebody who could die at any moment.
WIFOM. He could've been panicking.
Tiruin didn't seem to care and I remember pointing out a contradiction he said earlier in the game that was pretty big (the topic was scum buddies).  Then Flandre made a new case on him as well (ignoring a question and doing something else I believe).  As for you the case Orangebottle had on you I think is pretty wrong and lazy.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2012, 08:57:10 pm »

there's no way in hell I would ever do that as scum.

You're right, how could we ever think that scum would do something we didn't think scum would do?

Fuck you dipshit

Very productive.

Well well, I have a much better feeling with Flandre and Darvi.  Scum don't bust their partners Day 1, I'm not going to even argue this.

Gonna stop LURKING IronyOwl??  Share some thoughts man!

Why is it that the first thing you do D2 is go after lurkers?

Shakerag: Care to elaborate on why you don't think Toonyman is D1 bussing scum?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2012, 10:31:13 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Shakerag
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Darvi, Dariush, Orangebottle

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Urist Imiknorris has requested a replacement.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32