Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938504 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18555 on: February 01, 2014, 07:27:07 pm »

((A Baneblade made of Synthflesh. What could possibly go wrong?))
((The treads could jam.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18556 on: February 01, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »

((Phooey to that. FEAR THE MIGHT OF THE EMPEROR'S SPACE MAGIC!))

((Also, you're sposed to let me do it and watch as it fails spectacularly.))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:45:45 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18557 on: February 01, 2014, 08:24:59 pm »

((Several problems with that. Three big ones:

1. You provide no suggestion of how to do this. Synthflesh makes "actual" "creatures," typically but not always human-like.
2. Your failure to properly create or control it would result in inestimable death and destruction, harming everyone.
3. You have no ability to, you know, make it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18558 on: February 01, 2014, 08:29:01 pm »

((Several problems with that. Three big ones:

1. You provide no suggestion of how to do this. Synthflesh makes "actual" "creatures," typically but not always human-like.
2. Your failure to properly create or control it would result in inestimable death and destruction, harming everyone.
3. You have no ability to, you know, make it.))

Synthflesh requires a metal skeleton, you just give the skeleton external wheels which are powered by internal arms operating hand cranks.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: February 01, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

((And that's the kind of cleverness you need to have included in the original suggestion rather than suggested by some other guy on the next page.))
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18560 on: February 01, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »

((Name a tinker project that has ever been completed in one post.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: February 01, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »

((A living Baneblade. Dear freakin god, thats a MASSIVE project. You'd need to work out the energy consumption, the control mechanism, the Baneblade cannon... But if you got it working you'd have a near immortal tank.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:11 pm »

((Well he seems to be functioning pretty fine, so I guess you could just leave the rock in there and pull the neurons out of him. Not sure what'll happen to the fleshorror when he leaves though.))

Quote from: Teal > Lyra
Co-Ordinates of Man?

Exit Flesh-horror. Position hole-cutter above teammate using co-ordinates provided by Lyra.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:50:26 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: February 01, 2014, 09:55:45 pm »

((Name a tinker project that has ever been completed in one post.))
((I would have expected more than the project title to show up in the first post.))

((A living Baneblade. Dear freakin god, thats a MASSIVE project. You'd need to work out the energy consumption, the control mechanism, the Baneblade cannon... But if you got it working you'd have a near immortal tank.))
((And since it is made of various synthetic materials rather than real flesh, I can't mock it with the typical weaknesses of organic technology!))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18564 on: February 01, 2014, 10:02:56 pm »

((Well he seems to be functioning pretty fine, so I guess you could just leave the rock in there and pull the neurons out of him. Not sure what'll happen to the fleshorror when he leaves though.))

Quote from: Teal > Lyra
Co-Ordinates of Man?

Exit Flesh-horror. Position hole-cutter above teammate using co-ordinates provided by Lyra.
((that is such an amazingly bad idea you're blindly assuming I'm going to go along with. No, I don't want a giant death laser to be fired directly at me thank you very much. as if you could move that thing anyway.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: February 01, 2014, 10:05:29 pm »

((Time to get planning then. I was just asking for a RU estimate, because I don't want to research something I can't afford.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18566 on: February 01, 2014, 10:18:03 pm »

((Just for the record, Baneblades aren't *that* tough in the WH40k universe. They just require an AP shell to break open a hole to put an HE shell through.

They're still awesome, of course.

And yes, I have read some WH40k books. Dan Abnett, to be exact.))

Price estimate on the following proposal, please:

a network of bunkers buried deep underground and armored from which the assault team can control remote weapons and survey the landscape. Say four heavy lasers and four mortars per base, spread out around the center of the base in the landscape. Personally, I think they would work best in the mountains, connected with a collapsible tunnel network. I know someone else proposed something similar, but I wanted to get my version out there.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: February 01, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »

((My character has a tear of Timmy in his chest?  This is either going to be really cool or really bad.))
((Too bad Lyra doesn't know what a Tear of Timmy is, even though I do.))
((I suggest you radio the team and ask what it is.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:59 pm »

((Time to get planning then. I was just asking for a RU estimate, because I don't want to research something I can't afford.))
((You need an idea of how to work out all those issues before you can do that, though.))

((Just for the record, Baneblades aren't *that* tough in the WH40k universe. They just require an AP shell to break open a hole to put an HE shell through.
((Well, in this universe, the Imperial Guard wouldn't be a laughable force of red shirts so much as a force of undertrained, well-equipped recruits capable of killing people with a single shot.))

((My character has a tear of Timmy in his chest?  This is either going to be really cool or really bad.))
((How would she identify it, double-poster?))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:39 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Biohorror team, Steve, and Doc
Teammate found. fused to brain and small rock. Rock glow origin. Plan?
((I've already messaged what I'm going to.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1256