Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938786 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18570 on: February 01, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

((My character has a tear of Timmy in his chest?  This is either going to be really cool or really bad.))
((Too bad Lyra doesn't know what a Tear of Timmy is, even though I do.))
((I suggest you radio the team and ask what it is.))

Quote from: Lyra to Biohorror team, Steve, and Doc
Teammate found. fused to brain and small rock. Rock glow origin. Plan?
((I've already messaged what I'm going to.))
((Oh. I missed that. Never mind.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18571 on: February 01, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »

((That hole-cutter is made of cutting lasers. I forget how many. If Steve doesn't want it back, we could salvage a few cutting lasers from it.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18572 on: February 02, 2014, 12:10:15 am »

((I thought it was one big cutting laser on an O-frame?))

((that is such an amazingly bad idea.))
((Well, it gets the guy out of the neurons and gives us an easy exit plan - straight up - in case it goes berserk without a pilot.
The only things I haven't exactly accounted for is how we ensure whatshisface doesn't get crushed by multiple cookie-cut rubble chunks.
But other than that it seems like a perfect plan, provided that the circle is positioned exactly right- hence getting Lon-lat co-ordinates.
I also said 'position', not 'position and fire'. So we can figure out what we're going to do, and our cutter is ready to go if Morul gives the order.
And if not- no big deal. It's not like we were going to use it a second time anyway.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:45 am »

((Well, it gets the guy out of the neurons kills him and anyone nearby and gives us an easy exit plan for anyone who is near the beam/falling rubble/vaporized toxic metals that killed everyone near it.))
FTFY
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: February 02, 2014, 04:21:07 am »

((Is this the place to discuss the use of the defence budget and all that? also is RU the "Currency" for this defence?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18575 on: February 02, 2014, 04:49:54 am »

((Is this the place to discuss the use of the defence budget and all that? also is RU the "Currency" for this defence?))

((Why yes, yes it is! RU=resource units, which is our 'currency' indeed. Any input and ideas are welcome, check previous pages for ideas of other people.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18576 on: February 02, 2014, 05:50:55 am »

((Thankyou RC, Well my suggestion is to equip one or two of the boarding vessels covered in sand, with instead of people (or as many) a particle beam weapon (P.B.W.) as a P.B.W. could take out any ship in a single shot and having a teeny tiny ship blow a capitol to kingdom-come is absolutely hilarious))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18577 on: February 02, 2014, 06:06:07 am »

((Thankyou RC, Well my suggestion is to equip one or two of the boarding vessels covered in sand, with instead of people (or as many) a particle beam weapon (P.B.W.) as a P.B.W. could take out any ship in a single shot and having a teeny tiny ship blow a capitol to kingdom-come is absolutely hilarious))
((Already have the Black Death planned, with a plasma cannon powerful enough to punch straight through a ship. It only carries six shots though.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18578 on: February 02, 2014, 06:23:35 am »

((Quick question, what is the assault team doing during the boarding phase? Can we join in the boarding crew during?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18579 on: February 02, 2014, 06:30:24 am »

((Quick question, what is the assault team doing during the boarding phase? Can we join in the boarding crew during?))
((Boarding is a separate phase, anyone (who survives) can join.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18580 on: February 02, 2014, 06:39:39 am »

((Yay! Threatening to kill the entire crew by cutting up the hull with my cutting torch! (go mkII vacuum tech)))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18581 on: February 02, 2014, 07:45:45 am »

"Lovely. Okay, we found our man, or what's left of him, now we need to figure out how to get him out without pissing off the giant flesh monster we're standing in. Hrmm. Fuck it, I'll just ask nicely. Seems to have worked so far."

Activate the loudspeaker.

"Okay, thanks for showing us our teammate. Can we have him back now? Please?"

((Firing a laser into the brain of a giant creature we're still inside isn't a good idea, mostly because it seems indifferent about us, or at least trusts us enough to be allowed to see its real brain. We can always resort to violence later.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18582 on: February 02, 2014, 07:52:33 am »

((Who exactly are we looking for? Cos if they're part of the monster, they might be the brain.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18583 on: February 02, 2014, 07:54:35 am »

((Well, then I suppose we'd have to resort to violence then, wouldn't we?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18584 on: February 02, 2014, 07:54:56 am »

((Ah yes... wonderful, wonderful violence.))
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1256