Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939175 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18540 on: February 01, 2014, 11:09:00 am »

((Mallet's Mortar was British.
((The only one I didn't double-check. Shouldn't have based it on the fact that "the Crimean War" sounded kinda like it happened somewhere around the USSR.
But you have to admit, the Soviets and Nazis built some rather impractical weapons.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18541 on: February 01, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »

((Missed my action, I'm afraid:

Piecewise, could I please get a price/clarification on the following things:

-What exactly are Steve bots (apart from robots controlled by Steve, har har)? Synthflesh, regular robobodies, remote-controlled, carry their own wetware cpu (brain), ...
-How exactly would the Doc genemod sods, and do we have any say in that?
-reinforcing the outside of buildings a bit so they can be reliably used as cover against weapons fire
-a few bunkers in the places where there aren't buildings for cover (or give cost for 1 bunker if that's easier)
-a new anti-air laser battery
-hardening 1 laser battery so it can survive some shots from heavy weapons, or the shockwave from a near-detonation nuke. So nothing too heavy, but it shouldn't crumple from 1 gauss cannon round either
-4 heavy lasers and 2 mortars (all embedded in the hardened structure) for a laser battery
-a stationary artillery emplacement. Either gauss or conventional, kinda like the thing for the spiderbot but maybe a bit lower calibre. Should cover at least the base and the valley it sits in.
-a mobile mortar emplacement. Like previous, but smaller, and much shorter range (the previous one is for genral bombardment, this one for getting extra firepower to 1 location). Should come with computer for automatic firing (aka crew designates a spot, computer fires by itself. Maybe an AUX roll from the one who calls it in to determine how accurate it is? Could work for previous one to).
-Can sods learn to use amps and manips?
-what is/ what does/how lethal are blackshot, redshot, grav shells, AP rounds?

1.Remember the snowglobe bots? Something like those but remotely controlled by steve.
2. It depends on how you want him to. The more extensive the more time and ru it will take, but we're basically open to anything. Or are you asking mechanics of how that works?
3.Which buildings?  Simus' command center is gonna be underground and in the aurora. Beyond it, there's really only the cradles, which we don't want to be fighting on, and the batteries, which are probably not gonna have your forces around them. At this point, it's looking like we might need some bunkers.
4. Well, assuming we have simple bunkers of basically a big concrete and metal brick dug into the ground and armored up, maybe 15-20 RU each.
5. Depends on the power and such, but if it's a copy of the ones in existence, shoot for 100 RU
6. They're gonna be hardened by steve. Actually already happening. Don't worry about it.
7. 10 RU.
8. The base and the valley are pretty big. Artillery with the force and accuracy to hit like that might be expensive, depending on the size and the shells being used. Just standard Gauss, size-of-a-man shell?
9. Depends on the system it uses to get around. If you want it on rails or something it can be relatively cheap, but if you want it running around on robotic legs, it will cost more.
10. No.
11. Blackshot is pretty hardcore up close. Redshot is explosive but have no real penetration so great against soft targets, not so against hardened ones. Grav shells are pretty much death to most things, but very expensive and have a bad habit of team killing because of their field of effect. Depends on the gun they're fired from really.

((And Pyro's request for some cost estimates. And mine.))
((I think you guys better put it up like it was an action, it seems he'll miss it otherwise. Or maybe PM him?))

Yeah, put it as bold otherwise is May skip over it because I think you're planning amongst yourselves, rather then talking to me.

Climb on over to see what the big glowball is, preferably without killing myself.
Dex:5+1-1

You climb down to the glowing area. Hanging there, suspended in a dense mass of neurons, is the teammate you came looking for. The flesh of the neurons is partially fused to him and it appears as though the light is coming from a tear of timmy that is embedded in his chest.

How many RUs would a Titan cost?

Oh boy. Lots. Lots and lots. Like basically the whole budget.

"Hrmm. I wonder. Steve, could that glowing thing be the amp that caused the overload? And what was that rumble earlier?"

Follow Lyra's progress as she climbs, and if she falls, try and catch her with my amp. Begin working out where I'd need to place it relative to her position, and get ready to do so. In other words, charge brain to use my amp to catch a falling catgirl.

((Redshell are small high-ex rounds, blackshot are filled with a nasty acidic chemical, and another is like a grapeshot canister, but with needles. Oh, and the G-Shells Milno has. They utilize something to crush/compact the target.))
Blackshot is the shotgun on steroids. The acid rounds are called "Melter rounds".

Useless dynamic amp charge hoooo.

Examine the neurons and see if anything comes to mind. Consider pumping self with drugs of the Mk II medsystem and going straight through the arcing electricity.
If possible, leave mathematical equations at peace and start preparing to grit teeth and endure whatever pain comes my way.

I like the gusto there. Though I'm not sure being drugged and just brute forcing it will work too well. Problem being that electricity causes involuntary muscle spasms. Hard to climb like that.

((Alrighty then))

Be ready to assist Teal with hauling teammates and fetching supplies for the away team as needed

Dum de dum.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18542 on: February 01, 2014, 03:53:21 pm »

((Ooh. Implanted Tear of Timmy.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18543 on: February 01, 2014, 04:10:08 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Biohorror team, Steve, and Doc
Teammate found. fused to brain and small rock. Rock glow origin. Plan?
Message teammates and doc. Await a plan.
((later on Teal asks me for co-ordinates so he can aim the cutting laser at me. I do not give them to him.))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:29:16 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18544 on: February 01, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »

Have you ever needed to know something about ER, like the price of that snazzy Civic defenders coat or the battlesuit variants, but you just couldn't find it?
Do you find it kinda annoying that you have to write the same newbie introduction every other day, or that people sometimes ask the same questions a thousand times, instead of just looking it up? Did you ever wish all the various information about this game was in one, easy to navigate place?

*drumroll*

Well, then I've got some great news for you : after talking it over with PW, I've created the Einsteinian Roulette Wiki!

This will hopefully become a handy database for everybody to use and edit, cutting down on endless forum searches and grouping all the information different people have gathered.
As with any wiki, the only way for this project to be succesful is if as much people as possible contribute. The wiki is pretty barebones right now, but there should be enough framework to get started. If you have ideas or proposals on new kinds of pages or organising, go to the community page and leave a note. Do try to stick to the format if you can: the more organised and intuitive the wiki is, the easier it'll be to use.

Excited yet? Excellent! Just hop over, take a look, and start editing!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18545 on: February 01, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »

Woohoo! Now to put my own character as the twelfth page!
Wait a sec...
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18546 on: February 01, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

Excellent work RC.

Wait a sec...
Is this really necessary GWG?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18547 on: February 01, 2014, 05:03:38 pm »

((Pretty sure the biggest self-propelled tank ever used were the Karl-Gerats, used during the siege of Sevastopol. 600mm cannon.))

Pricecheck (in RU) on:
an extra-armoured Avatar of War, armed with built-in namite launcher and heavy gauss cannon as well as basic armanents
8 gunner bots
1 scout eye
plenty of extra ammo for weapons
A Baneblade made of synthflesh

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:23:58 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18548 on: February 01, 2014, 05:10:53 pm »

((My character has a tear of Timmy in his chest?  This is either going to be really cool or really bad.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18549 on: February 01, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

Wait a sec...
Eh.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18550 on: February 01, 2014, 05:33:36 pm »

Continue charging shapeshifting while belching or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

Could I please get a price/clarification on the following things:

8. The base and the valley are pretty big. Artillery with the force and accuracy to hit like that might be expensive, depending on the size and the shells being used. Just standard Gauss, size-of-a-man shell?
-Yes, how much would one of these cost?
9. Depends on the system it uses to get around. If you want it on rails or something it can be relatively cheap, but if you want it running around on robotic legs, it will cost more.
-The cheapest option. I'm guessing rails, wheels or threads?
-8 bunkers, spaced around the complex, with small rooms under them to hide from artillery and tunnels between them and key points in our base (like the airfield). Tunnels should have some cheap sensors, and collapsable with remote-controlled explosives (controlled by Steve, and just enough explosives to close down the tunnel and prevent infiltration).
-If you have a LESHO rifle, is it possible to have non rocket-guided ammo? If yes, could it be considered as a bigger gauss-cannon, or does it still have penalties for short-range?

(For following, assume these genemods: general upgrade to dex, senses, end. If Doc can manage this, they should run faster, jump further, and be better than the normal sod. Nothing extraordinary though, just a general small upgrade. Increase intelligence for regular sods so they can follow orders from their sod commanders or player characters, sod commanders should have good tactical insight and creative thinking, but check if they are still obedient soldiers then (so no sudden "oh gawd existential angst" *suicide*).)
Spoiler: sod Sniper Squad (click to show/hide)

((This game does not run on WH40k physics. Look at the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte for issues with super-heavy tanks. Still not as bad as giant humanoid mecha, but pretty bad nonetheless.
((The only way you could get supertanks to work is with synthflesh, since the more there is of that the more potent it becomes. Square cube law? HA, screw you I have space magic!))
So really, I recommend that we don't diverge from what the UWM does without first proving that our new method is more effective.
((Good points, but so far we haven't really gone very special yet. Sods with standard Armory equipment, artillery and bunkers are all basic stuff with proven effectivity.))
We already know the UWM has programmed sods to fight UWM forces (See them attacking Miya/Flint), so how many situations are we actually going to run into that require creative thought?
((We don't know all that in great detail, so if you want to ghelp and do some research, that would be great. My posts are already pretty big, and I don't want to burden PW with huge posts asking a million things.))

Wait a sec...
Eh.
((GWG, I think several people would appreciate it if you cut down on posts that are fairly... redundant. Really, posting the same thing in multiple threads only clutters things and doesn't accomplish anything. Though once we have an OOC thread, it won't be a problem anymore I guess.))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:53:49 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: February 01, 2014, 05:57:58 pm »

((I'd be more worried about mutiny than suicide.))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: February 01, 2014, 06:54:26 pm »

((My character has a tear of Timmy in his chest?  This is either going to be really cool or really bad.))
((Too bad Lyra doesn't know what a Tear of Timmy is, even though I do.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: February 01, 2014, 07:19:41 pm »

((A Baneblade made of Synthflesh. What could possibly go wrong?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 1256