Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943859 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18195 on: January 20, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Meow
((is that over the radio? in person to the people around you? or not something you actually said?))

Settle in for a quick catnap
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:30:46 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18196 on: January 20, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »

"Why am I doing this? I'm unarmed, inside a giant flesh thing, and I'm going deeper. Dammit."

Do I see any obvious ways down, as in, do the bony protrusions form stairs, or any other way I could climb down?
Well, the bony protrusions aren't a prefect staircase or anything, but there are enough of them in a high enough density that climbing down them should be fairly easy.

Is it possible to be even more of a cheap bitch charge another dynamic bonus? If so, charge bonus for shapeshifting. If not, just keep a lookout for stuff.

Quote from: To Doc
What if the core is destroyed before I consume it?
Depends.

One stupidly high bonus at a time, please.

((I suddenly feel like this is becoming less Fantastic Voyage, and more like some kind of Journey To The Sphincter Of The Earth.))
((Oy, TV Tropes links are my schtick!))

Double-check, then head back to the ship glumly. Ask Steve if there's anything he needs help with.
BACK TO SHIP YOU GO, GLUMLY!

Hey, Hey, You know that other tread? The one you left? Kid's named after you.  Yeah. Yeah.

As per things to do...well we're working toward that time skip so I think you're on your own free time now.

Keep on waiting, use wristcomp to look up some recent news if possible. Quit charging the bonus for now, I don't want my head to explode.

((So PW, how possible would it be to do a suit made out of synthflesh kind of  like in Fallen Dragon?))

Your wristpad reveals nothing of great interest for the time being; unless you find weather and traffic reports for dozens of planets you've never heard of interesting.

As per flesh suits...possible but it would be pretty big;It would basically be like a human but instead of bones it would have you inside it. So yeah, rather chunky monkey.

Place container with the rest, then go to the melto-mustard gas. Try again to bend it into a container, but add a sphere of force around the gas so that it can't touch the container itself. Make sure the rest of the container is vacuum so the heat can't just go from gas to air to container. If that fails, try again  but this time cool down the gas to near 0.5 Kelvin.

Then think if , besides Ares and command center, there are any more places that would really need to be defended.

((I think people have forgotten how powerful the starting equipment is because they're used to having Miya or Jim do all the fighting. Lyra needs a dynamic bonus to be reliable with her amp, but it's still a Microwave Mass Murder Amp. By being part of the reaction-team, I should be able to make sure I have a dynamic bonus ready for the opening round of combat. and if I use it right, the opening round will also be the ONLY round of combat. additionally, Lyra's extra senses would be useful against weird problems, so I'll be able to send her to them without leaving a hole in our defenses.
so yes, i'd like to switch to being part of the QRF since we have so many defenders))
((Very well. Didn't mean to offend Lyra's fighting prowess, by the way. But know that this team will probably the most dangerous one, since it's a catch-all for when everything goes to hell. And Lyra will need a jetpack of sorts.

Also, I'm really thinking of putting Xan in Assault, cause even with wings there's no way I see him ever being quick enough for that team. And he's too heavy for adding jets. Gonna leave it for now, but I'm 90% sure of it.))

Well, lets say you get some of that gas in there. Glass was really good enough to hold it.

As per places to defend: The ship, the base we're gonna build, laser batteries (Which steve will worry about for the most part.) and any sort of defensive positions. Also probably where the ships are gonna be landing or taking off from. Basically the base is the big one; ARES is buried far too deep to be much of a worry, and the nodes will be locked down by steve.

You can put Flint in Reserve, if needed.

When you say projection, do you mean something like the objects entering the area of effect look like they're hit with a laser or heat beam or something?
Could this artifact be used as a power generator?
If I throw a rock directly at it, does it do anything different?
If I heat the ground near the anomaly with my laser, does it do anything different? What if I throw a rock at the heated part?
If I hit it with a very weak laser pulse, does it do anything different?

Looks like sort of a stream of heat.
If you can find things that it won't melt, then yeah, sure.
Not really
Nope.
It breaks. Snaps in half like a glass rod.

Charge.

((Where am I on that list?
What's my character's name again?))
Continued charging.

Hand my weapons to a teammate, though keep the Instrument (as it is more a tool of the trade to me) and the Pandora's bag, and follow Morul into the tunnel. If the fleshcreature bars the way, reply to that:
But it is an instrument of medicine rather than a weapon; what harm can it do to you?
If it insists, hand away the Instrument as well. If the way is still blocked after that, hand away the bag too and then proceed down the tunnel.
((@kisame Feel free to order my character to do things just in case I can't respond in time.))
You follow morul after handing off your weapons. The flesh doesn't try to stop you, so you guess it's ok with this.

So the two silent characters are now able to communicate?
That's wonderful.

Meow

Do more of whatever that was. Practice handstands.
You do a handstand. It is a handstand. It teaches you nothing.

Don't you feel silly.

Meow
((is that over the radio? in person to the people around you? or not something you actually said?))

Settle in for a quick catnap
You settle in for a catnap on the edge of the flesh horror.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:37 pm »

Keep lookout. Idly beatbox to pass the time.

((Mkay.))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:26:33 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: January 20, 2014, 02:19:35 pm »

Call Miyamoto over to retrieve a sample from the green spikes, tholrow rocks into the steel-air-thingy-zone after backing away, observe results.
On another note, any way I could improve my combi-weapon? Or could the exterior just use a bit of cleaning up?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:42:01 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: January 20, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »

Hey, Hey, You know that other tread? The one you left? Kid's named after you.  Yeah. Yeah.
Dammit, now I'm going to want to watch that abomination.

As per things to do...well we're working toward that time skip so I think you're on your own free time now.
Neat.

It breaks. Snaps in half like a glass rod.
((...Oops.))

sobserve
((Please don't fix this tyop, I wanna see what piecewise makes of it.))

See if VR is online. If it is, see if I can join Anton and Bishop in their brainstorming session.
((What thread would that be?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18200 on: January 20, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »

((@GWG- too late. Didn`t feel like risking Denzel unneccesarily.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: January 20, 2014, 03:56:27 pm »

"I'll head down first and check the bottom out. I'll radio once I'm down."

Carefully climb down into the pit. Once at the bottom, examine the surroundings and radio Maurice to start his descent.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: January 20, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »

((@GWG- too late. Didn`t feel like risking Denzel unneccesarily.))
((:())
Convince piecewise to go with sobserve, or at least explain what would have happened.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18203 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:24 pm »

Climb down at Morul's command.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:23 pm »

Gorat sighs. He really doesn't want to do anything suicidal in face of the anomaly... but with anomalies, sensible could easily be suicidal...

Heat a one foot sphere of air near the spike. If nothing seems to happen, cool down a one foot sphere. If there's still no reaction, heat up a small portion of the spike. If that also provokes no reaction, cool down a small portion of the spike.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:35 pm »

Teach myself to speak blink-morse. Have conversation with eye wall
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: January 20, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »

Keep on keepin' on

((So, how big would it be? Battlesuit size? And would the artery/vein valves let me...eh, "interface" with the other in the synthflesh?))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: January 21, 2014, 12:14:41 am »

Join Xan in beatboxing and charge my amp.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18208 on: January 21, 2014, 03:29:04 am »

How has the snapping modified the object's properties? Range? Strength? Does the heat come from both objects?
Go ask the AM for a mirror I could bounce lasers on and something with very high heat tolerance or insulation.
If AM says the stuff is expensive or that she doesn't have any, use one of Gilgamesh's fingers, since battlesuit plate is both heat resistant and has those reflective particles in it.
Kick some dirt inside the effect. Put mirror inside the effect, facing the object. Put heat insulation inside the effect, wrapped around a rock. Observe results. Would any of those materials be capable of handling it?
Lob rock inside the effect in such a way that it stops very fast, as a way to test if only moving things are affected.
Could I just pick up the ground the object is in?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:36:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:50 am »

Take a quick nap
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 1256