Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943576 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: BFEL LOVES CHILD CREAM!
« Reply #17535 on: November 27, 2013, 02:37:39 am »

(Xan and Mesk will end up eating each other's flesh at the same time to regain the mass the other's eaten and end up as some sort of twisted cannibalistic ouroboros.)
((The ultimate sex act.
Kinda.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17536 on: November 27, 2013, 02:38:52 am »

((Inb4 hideous mesk/xan symbiotic amalgamation.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17537 on: November 27, 2013, 02:39:25 am »

((Yay kiddies!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17538 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11:39 am »

((....... Buy ALLLLLLL the namite.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17539 on: November 27, 2013, 05:45:50 am »

((....... Buy ALLLLLLL the namite.))

(( I'm with you, Kisame. This abomination must be purged from my mind in the most permanent way possible. :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17540 on: November 27, 2013, 12:09:01 pm »

Basically you just want to put that dynamic bonus on all of them?
((I'd like to try to develop a way to put that dynamic bonus into any given drone. I'd have run out of drones right there on the gangway if it weren't for the bonus, with how many 1s I was rolling. :P
You can let it be an Aux check to install and calibrate the thing afterwards, but I think it's high time we stopped having drones that randomly fly into bulkheads and teammates at the first opportunity. It was fun the first dozen or so times. :)

But, it's kind of a big deal in itself, therefore try. It obviously still has bugs, so it needs to be developed further.
(plus I kinda envisioned it being a dynamic bonus gravitating towards a 4 - it's an autopilot, it can't do awesome, it just tries to ensure you don't fail so much)))

Get that programming done, then head to debrief.
I'm gonna say that is a reasonable sort of program and that your past 10 aux attempts trying to get the original program to work should mean that this version already has the capacity to be uploaded into other drones.

BREEEEEIF

To the briefing.

((Edit: Wrong thread, but still valid.))
BREEEEIF

Sooo, Steve, can I keep this ship? Assuming we have room in the hanger.

Head back to the Sword, ask Steve about keeping the blackship
Report to debrief!

Well, its a bit too big for you personally to keep it, but we'll keep it in the sword's hanger as something for everyone to use. Though, since you know how to fly it, you'll probably be unofficial pilot.

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEIF
I'm only using it for one thing; will I get my tokens back if I return it?

Get question answered. If I'll get tokens back, buy it then ask her to hold it for me in safekeeping while I'm at the debriefing. If not, then don't buy it and go to debriefing.
"Depends on what you do with it. If you get it covered in...whatever you are...then it's gonna go down in value."

BRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF

"Thanks, Sandy! Catch you around!"

Dance over to the debriefing.

BRRRRRRRRRRIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pick self up, head to debriefing.
BREIFFFFFFFFFE

Once I have enough metal, think of a design for a naginata-like polearm. Make it long enough to be conveniently wieldable for an Avatar, make it denser than normal (not so much it becomes to heavy to be unwieldy though). Try to make it strong enough to withstand a powerful blow, make the cutting edge as sharp as I can manage it (monomolecular if possible). Look up possible designs in VR if allowed. Once decent design is made, charge up dynamic bonus for the construction next turn.

Brain charge towards psychic weapon smithing goooooooo

With my brain adequately charged up, forge this weapon, the naginata of destiny.
Create the beautiful flower of destruction that will lay waste to scores of men at my hands!

Or, y'know, at least try to.

Once done, to the briefing! (aka remotely connect to it, cause big ol' robot ass in the way 'n stuff)

((Also gonna post this in the other thread just in case.))

[uncon:3+1+1]

You force a giant metal Japanese halberd for the express purpose of MURDER!

remote connection to BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF

To the debriefing!

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF

Wake up, guard booze with life. Head to the debriefing. Craft the Molotovs at the debriefing.

Alternatively:

Dream of actually being useful.

I'm just gonna say you go to the debrief and make the moltovs. Because it's not like sticking a rag in a bottle is so hard that you could fail in any way other then like, dropping the bottle.

Well, one of the bodies is takeable, but the other is more...more a greasy smear of blood and bone marrow on the ground.  So you take the one you can actually pick up without a shop vac and head back to the ship.
((Wait. There's the Grate that got crushed, the Grate that got shot, and the Grate that just...fell over. The smear sounds like the first Grate; which one is the one he grabbed, and what happened to the other?))

The last quantum Grate is still alive so you drag him back to the ship and into the infirmary.
((Oh...))

I imagined you more on his shoulder like some sort of cat girl parrot, but that works too.
((Neither cats nor girls enjoy shoulder poses much. I know the former from experience, and the latter from...well, I don't, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.))

((And I'm going to assume that the note about the alleged lack of quantum stuff being an indication that I can control Grate--or try to--until further notice. And it might provide evidence for or against a theory that these weird entities sometimes referenced are merely on the other side of the Fourth Wall...))
Attempt to wake up.

You wake up. You are uninjured and quite confused by this fact, since you distinctly remember being crushed.

((Neither cats nor girls enjoy shoulder poses much.))
((Someone forgot to tell that to our cats.))

Gorat jolts up from his snoozing, and is about to sigh out of relief, when he realizes that no, it hadn't been a dream, he did fry a teammate. "[color]How's Teal?[/color]"
He asks, then silently trots to get debriefed.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

"Looking a Bit Cyan!" Ba Dum BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF

[...Reading back..]
((Did you miss the Quantum Grate bit?))
[My mind is still stuck on where we got those fuzzy whatsits. Yes I missed everything.]
How dare you shout MAGIC in the terminology of Quantum Mechanics, you..you misunderstanding people! That is not how quantum mechanics/physics works!
((True, quantum mechanics doesn't work like magic. It doesn't work at all :P
Its pretty much the physics equivalent of a liberal arts degree, or at least that's what I have heard.))

also: After the childlike abomination is tucked into a hospital bed, STEPHEN HAWKING takes a nice jog to the briefing room. Where he does stretches.

THEORETICAL PHYSICS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF
"Yessir"
Start moving all of the crates back into the hanger

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES

(But we got a spare, now, and both are almost as good as the original! :D

On a more serious note, how does everyone think this is going to work? Personally I predict GWG controls both Grates at once like some sort of hivemind thing.)

Jim takes Lyra off to the meeting room, where everyone else is going.

I'm just gonna say that you should really keep your child supervised. And by supervised, I mean observed.

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIF

Idly wake up still in Jim's arms, and just lie there and let him continue to carry me.

yawn once.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Head to ship, remove briefs
NUDITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17541 on: November 27, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

I'm just gonna say that you should really keep your child supervised. And by supervised, I mean observed.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: BRIEEEEEEFFFFFFFF
« Reply #17542 on: November 27, 2013, 02:25:31 pm »

((I love how much fun piecewise obviously has with this kind of thing :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Which thread is which? IT'S A MADSHIP!
« Reply #17543 on: November 27, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

[...Reading back..]
((Did you miss the Quantum Grate bit?))
[My mind is still stuck on where we got those fuzzy whatsits. Yes I missed everything.]
How dare you shout MAGIC in the terminology of Quantum Mechanics, you..you misunderstanding people! That is not how quantum mechanics/physics works!
((We're not discussing real quantum mechanics. We're describing awesome quantum mechanics!
And I dunno, quantum tunneling seems pretty magical to me.))

((True, quantum mechanics doesn't work like magic. It doesn't work at all :P
Its pretty much the physics equivalent of a liberal arts degree, or at least that's what I have heard.))
((Modern computers rely on quantum properties to work properly. Quantum physics work, they just don't make any sense. There is a difference.))

On a more serious note, how does everyone think this is going to work? Personally I predict GWG controls both Grates at once like some sort of hivemind thing.)
((And what about when one of them dies again?
...I may have solved the test subject problem.))

If you be on the ship, get your butt to the on-ship thread. And get ready to be debriefed, whether you want it or not.
((Which one is that, again?))

(Xan and Mesk will end up eating each other's flesh at the same time to regain the mass the other's eaten and end up as some sort of twisted cannibalistic ouroboros.)
((Oh God that's terrifying.))

((I love how much fun piecewise obviously has with this kind of thing :P))
((This comment has two possible states.
1. "You mean only piecewise has fun with it?"
2. "You mean the rest of us don't have fun with it?"
Please pretend that the comment switches between those two randomly when you look at it. I suppose I could cludge something with signavatar or something, but meh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17544 on: November 28, 2013, 01:08:18 pm »

((And what about when one of them dies again?
...STEPHEN HAWKING may have solved the test subject problem.))
((FTFY))

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17545 on: December 17, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »

((So is there a limit on the size of the combat/survey teams?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17546 on: December 17, 2013, 07:10:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:19:14 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17547 on: December 17, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

-courtesysnip-
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:55:11 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17548 on: December 17, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »

((... I would doublecheck the dates, real quick.))
((Dammit long-dormant threads!))
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17549 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:13 am »

((... I would doublecheck the dates, real quick.))
((Dammit long-dormant threads!))

((HAHA, YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE BEING CLEVER, BUT *I* WAS BEING CLEVER!
you were just being silly, you silly person :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1256