Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942899 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: BFEL LOVES CHILD CREAM!
« Reply #17505 on: November 26, 2013, 03:58:11 pm »

Well, one of the bodies is takeable, but the other is more...more a greasy smear of blood and bone marrow on the ground.  So you take the one you can actually pick up without a shop vac and head back to the ship.
((Wait. There's the Grate that got crushed, the Grate that got shot, and the Grate that just...fell over. The smear sounds like the first Grate; which one is the one he grabbed, and what happened to the other?))

The last quantum Grate is still alive so you drag him back to the ship and into the infirmary.
((Oh...))

I imagined you more on his shoulder like some sort of cat girl parrot, but that works too.
((Neither cats nor girls enjoy shoulder poses much. I know the former from experience, and the latter from...well, I don't, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.))

((And I'm going to assume that the note about the alleged lack of quantum stuff being an indication that I can control Grate--or try to--until further notice. And it might provide evidence for or against a theory that these weird entities sometimes referenced are merely on the other side of the Fourth Wall...))
Attempt to wake up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: November 26, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

((Grate_1 got smashed.  Grate_2 got shot.  Grate_3 just fell over.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17507 on: November 26, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »

((And I thought #3 was a corpse.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17508 on: November 26, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »

((Nah, he's good.  Probably.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: November 26, 2013, 04:08:56 pm »

((He's... well, better than a corpse, at least. In the "physical health" department, if nothing else.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17510 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:41 pm »

((Neither cats nor girls enjoy shoulder poses much.))
((Someone forgot to tell that to our cats.))

Gorat jolts up from his snoozing, and is about to sigh out of relief, when he realizes that no, it hadn't been a dream, he did fry a teammate. "[color]How's Teal?[/color]"
He asks, then silently trots to get debriefed.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:01:03 am by Pancaek »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17512 on: November 26, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

[...Reading back..]
((Did you miss the Quantum Grate bit?))
[My mind is still stuck on where we got those fuzzy whatsits. Yes I missed everything.]
How dare you shout MAGIC in the terminology of Quantum Mechanics, you..you misunderstanding people! That is not how quantum mechanics/physics works!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17513 on: November 26, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

(Evidently YOU don't understand Quantum Mechanics, given that how they work has given us 2 Grates for the price of 1. ;3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: November 26, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

[...Reading back..]
((Did you miss the Quantum Grate bit?))
[My mind is still stuck on where we got those fuzzy whatsits. Yes I missed everything.]
How dare you shout MAGIC in the terminology of Quantum Mechanics, you..you misunderstanding people! That is not how quantum mechanics/physics works!
((True, quantum mechanics doesn't work like magic. It doesn't work at all :P
Its pretty much the physics equivalent of a liberal arts degree, or at least that's what I have heard.))

also: After the childlike abomination is tucked into a hospital bed, STEPHEN HAWKING takes a nice jog to the briefing room. Where he does stretches.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:18:25 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17515 on: November 26, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »

"Yessir"
Start moving all of the crates back into the hanger
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: November 26, 2013, 06:38:19 pm »

(Evidently YOU don't understand Quantum Mechanics, given that how they work has given us 2 Grates for the price of 1. ;3)
...((I liked the first one :S))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17517 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:46 pm »

(But we got a spare, now, and both are almost as good as the original! :D

On a more serious note, how does everyone think this is going to work? Personally I predict GWG controls both Grates at once like some sort of hivemind thing.)

Jim takes Lyra off to the meeting room, where everyone else is going.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17518 on: November 26, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

Idly wake up still in Jim's arms, and just lie there and let him continue to carry me.

yawn once.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17519 on: November 26, 2013, 08:10:15 pm »

((Oh great. Having a quantum kid running around wasn't bad enough. Now it has to be twin quantum kids. Great. Gonna start finishing each others sentences, moving in near perfect synchronicity, consuming souls to power their quantum.... stuff.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 1256