Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943797 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: BFEL LOVES CHILD CREAM!
« Reply #17490 on: November 26, 2013, 09:04:47 am »

((And I almost forgot another thing. We have two Grate bodies on hand. Now, in the highly unlikely chance (I mean, relatively) that they both end up revivable, and both are essentially the same Grate - meaning, he retains at least a large part of his prior personality... does that mean we can revive one and keep the other one in stasis, just in case for when he inevitably dies again?))

(("If you have a clumsy child you make them wear a helmet; if you have death-prone children you keep a few clones of them in your lab."))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17491 on: November 26, 2013, 09:07:09 am »

[...Reading back..]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17492 on: November 26, 2013, 09:16:01 am »

Unrelatedly, does anyone else find it kind of funny that when called on to be *actual* soldiers, instead of prisoners on death row, the mission goes essentially smoothly? XD ))
((Aside from the nuke, the creation of a quantum anomaly, a mutation field being generated, and the general collateral damage caused by lasers, giant robots, giant robots with lasers, conventional explosives, explosive robots, giant explosive robotic lasers, etc? Yeah, it did.))

[...Reading back..]
((Did you miss the Quantum Grate bit?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17493 on: November 26, 2013, 01:56:08 pm »

continue walking towards the source of "nopes", anything that scary has GOT to have good loot.

be momentarily confused by the identical grates, become irritated that there is no real loot here and take both bodies as compensation.

head back to the sword.

Well, one of the bodies is takeable, but the other is more...more a greasy smear of blood and bone marrow on the ground.  So you take the one you can actually pick up without a shop vac and head back to the ship.

((It's probably just a regular old Space Cthulhu.

Or a stylized reference stand-in (there's an English word I'm missing here) for the GM.))

"Okay then. Thanks."

Disentangle self from IV, unless it's important, and get up. Wander past the Rec Room, look longingly at the VR machines, but ultimately decide against it. Go to the barracks, away from masses of people if possible, and try to rest the body by working the mind.

First order of business, take the two remaining drones and hook them up with the same line-of-sight extension program I cludged together before, but try and do a better job this time. Make it part of the OS itself, and alter it so that it can be set relative to any radio source - i.e. so that amp users can put the feed in their helmetcam and have accurate targeting relative to their head.

Then work on the modified drone OS using the datapad. It's been very uncooperative, so look through the code for potential conflicts, and try to make it less specialized so that it can be easier applied to standard drones and scout eyes.

Basically you just want to put that dynamic bonus on all of them?

ask what exactly had to be done to fix me. Did they just regrow the organs? Or did they do something else? After answer, go check on rocket bike.
Robo heart. It thumps out techno beats.

The rocket bike is still in the hanger, safe and sound and rockety.

Or a stylized reference stand-in (there's an English word I'm missing here) for the GM.))

((Cameo?))

Check status of medical treatment.  See if the team is ready for debrief yet if free to go.
Yeah, you're good. Lets get this debrief going like the awkward pantsing it is.

STEPHEN HAWKING walks back with the rest of the group, when he gets back to the Sword, see to it that at least one Quantum Grate ends up breathing (whether by them not being dead or by taking one to the doctor) and inform his "family" of that fact.
Then I guess start loading up crates.

The last quantum Grate is still alive so you drag him back to the ship and into the infirmary.

Alright then... someone try to pick up that Grate and let's go.

Gather up the remnants of the Amp team, get back to the sword.

"GET THE FUCK ON MY SPACE SHIP SO WE CAN BE HERE NOT ANY MORE!"

Visit Sandy at the Armory.

"Hey, Sandy! I've double-checked now, and yes, it does seem like everyone is destined to die horribly if I keep using a field manipulator. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyhow, I'm trading mine in. To somebody, I guess. Maybe they'll have better luck with it than I."

Give Sandy the manipulator, hope to get at least two tokens for it. Also, trade in my other Scout Eye. That should give me 3 tokens to work with, yes? Keep the manipulator for now, trade in the unused Scout Eye for 1 token.
One token for you, oh killer of  teammates.

...I need it adjustable by the joints but capable of standing up.

Whatever that is.

While she's getting the thing, go to a random computer terminal and look up 'The Altered'. Retrieve mannequin, then read.

"It will cost you tokens. Not a lot. Like...three."

Still want it?

Gorat snoozes in the barracks, where he totally went to after having been picked up from the roof.

((Should we be filtering back into the on-ship thread?))

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Yeah, probably should. I'm gonna have a thing telling people to do that here in a minute.

Once I have enough metal, think of a design for a naginata-like polearm. Make it long enough to be conveniently wieldable for an Avatar, make it denser than normal (not so much it becomes to heavy to be unwieldy though). Try to make it strong enough to withstand a powerful blow, make the cutting edge as sharp as I can manage it (monomolecular if possible). Look up possible designs in VR if allowed. Once decent design is made, charge up dynamic bonus for the construction next turn.

Brain charge towards psychic weapon smithing goooooooo

"Right. So apparently there's a giant all consuming thing out to get the universe. Dammit Xan."

Drag some Grate corpses to the medbay. Try and avoid Jim in case he's mad about the whole shooting Grate thing.

((DAMMIT XAN, YOU CAN'T EAT THE UNIVERSE.))

Someone looted and or rescued those corpses already! Silly pirate. No corpses for you.
Jim's just going to pick Lyra up and carry her as he follows Morul to see what the hell is going on with the multiple Grate corpses.

"Not that this might not be a good thing, but I thought Grate was... paste. How did you get additional ones?"
Whats going on is that one of them is alive! Unconscious, still, but alive! YAY! I'm sure there will be no side effects of his quantum instability whatsoever.

In that case, can I have 6 HMRC standard, and one of everything else?
Buy alcohol, take a swig from each standard bottle, craft six molotovs, take a swig from everything else.

[End:2]
You take a swig out of each bottle of HMRC standard.

And promptly pass out.

HMRC standard is pretty much straight ethanol. It's good "Destroy my memories of everything that has or will be" booze.

Be sad in the corner.
Booo Hoooo

Jim's just going to pick Lyra up and carry her as he walks places.

"blah blah blah blah blah"
Doze in Jim's arms.

I imagined you more on his shoulder like some sort of cat girl parrot, but that works too.

((Oh, almost forgot: how goes the XCOM, sir PW?))
I really should get back into that again huh...Dark souls is eating up the time I have, but I'll go back to it EVENTUALLY(tm).

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17494 on: November 26, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

((Moved action to ship thread.))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:34:54 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17495 on: November 26, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »

Basically you just want to put that dynamic bonus on all of them?
((I'd like to try to develop a way to put that dynamic bonus into any given drone. I'd have run out of drones right there on the gangway if it weren't for the bonus, with how many 1s I was rolling. :P
You can let it be an Aux check to install and calibrate the thing afterwards, but I think it's high time we stopped having drones that randomly fly into bulkheads and teammates at the first opportunity. It was fun the first dozen or so times. :)

But, it's kind of a big deal in itself, therefore try. It obviously still has bugs, so it needs to be developed further.
(plus I kinda envisioned it being a dynamic bonus gravitating towards a 4 - it's an autopilot, it can't do awesome, it just tries to ensure you don't fail so much)))

Get that programming done, then head to debrief.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17496 on: November 26, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »

To the briefing.

((Edit: Wrong thread, but still valid.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17497 on: November 26, 2013, 02:45:39 pm »

Sooo, Steve, can I keep this ship? Assuming we have room in the hanger.

Head back to the Sword, ask Steve about keeping the blackship
Report to debrief!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17498 on: November 26, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »

I'm only using it for one thing; will I get my tokens back if I return it?

Get question answered. If I'll get tokens back, buy it then ask her to hold it for me in safekeeping while I'm at the debriefing. If not, then don't buy it and go to debriefing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17499 on: November 26, 2013, 02:49:06 pm »

"Thanks, Sandy! Catch you around!"

Dance over to the debriefing.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17500 on: November 26, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

Pick self up, head to debriefing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17501 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »

Once I have enough metal, think of a design for a naginata-like polearm. Make it long enough to be conveniently wieldable for an Avatar, make it denser than normal (not so much it becomes to heavy to be unwieldy though). Try to make it strong enough to withstand a powerful blow, make the cutting edge as sharp as I can manage it (monomolecular if possible). Look up possible designs in VR if allowed. Once decent design is made, charge up dynamic bonus for the construction next turn.

Brain charge towards psychic weapon smithing goooooooo

With my brain adequately charged up, forge this weapon, the naginata of destiny.
Create the beautiful flower of destruction that will lay waste to scores of men at my hands!

Or, y'know, at least try to.

Once done, to the briefing! (aka remotely connect to it, cause big ol' robot ass in the way 'n stuff)

((Also gonna post this in the other thread just in case.))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:09:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:41 pm »

To the debriefing!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:21 pm »

drop quantum grate corpse in infirmaru, just because.
Get debriefed.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17504 on: November 26, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

Wake up, guard booze with life. Head to the debriefing. Craft the Molotovs at the debriefing.

Alternatively:

Dream of actually being useful.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:23:02 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 ... 1256