Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945326 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: The Wall of Remembrance Grows
« Reply #16935 on: November 16, 2013, 11:24:46 am »

((Is it possible to purposely overload a manipulator? And if so is it also possible to put it on a timer to engage? If so, INSTANT HOLY HAND GRENADE!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: November 16, 2013, 11:39:55 am »

((Does a gauss rifle count as heavy ordnance?))
((Did it have its guts ripped out to make an electrolaser? If not, it's a ton heavier than what Grate has.))
((No, it didn't. Ask and ye shall receive, Anton has both another weapon, and an MFM to keep him armed.))
((Noted. Thanks!))

((Is it possible to purposely overload a manipulator? And if so is it also possible to put it on a timer to engage? If so, INSTANT HOLY HAND GRENADE!))
((Calculate something impossible and run like hell.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: November 16, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

((Calculate something impossible then fire it from a gauss cannon and run like hell.))
FTFY
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16938 on: November 16, 2013, 11:58:08 am »

(("Divided by zero" takes a whole new meaning.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: November 16, 2013, 01:54:41 pm »

Grate arrives, quietly.
Quote from: Grate -> Everyone
I'm here. I have a gun. How can I help?
Sincerely.
Grate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16940 on: November 16, 2013, 02:38:58 pm »

((Aw man, it's on now.))

Back away from the hole quietly, stay at a distance from the others. Instant messaging time.

Quote from: Stacy "Ambiguously Gay" Buttle; to: Miyamoto "Biggest Spoon There Ever Was" de Bergerac
Dear Biggest Spoon,

It appears that one of our number has been impaled right through the face and vital organs by a storm of horrible semi-molten metal spears. He was the only one harmed. Just checking in, you see. I believe our amp-master is definitely down here, if you will allow me to make such wild speculations.

Love,
Stacy Buttle.

Don't make any noise.
You slowly crawl away from the hole, attempting to appear unimportant and not worth killing.

((It's smart of the Amper to hide in the dark, makes him tough to find while he uses ampsenses to not be bothered by it. And makes ambushing him hard, hell he just ambushed us. He had the advantage though, since we had to come to him. Now that we found him, it's a matter of eradicating him quickly before he makes more casualties.))

Upon recieving Stacy's message, Miya quickly contacted the Rapid Response team:

Amper located, he's in a big room beneath the nuked crater. If anyone's in a position to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Be warned, he's extremely dangerous, don't come alone or unprepared.

Miya action: get there as fast as I can, carry Lukas if I have to. Think about whether my laser could cut deep enough to hit the Amper from above, if I knew his precise location. Think about whether I could use the universal amp from this distance if one of my teammates relayed me his exact position.

((I'm sorry corsair, sucks for you. Those were some pretty bad dice rolls right there.))

Jim action: circle around and out of the way so he won't be hit by a second attack from that direction. Use cameyes to find target and relay this info to rest of team. If he throws stuff at us again, use matter amp to deflect it away from team. Use micro amp to either disable heat-based attacks (like the Amper did with Miya's heatcudgel) or push teammates out of the way with matter amp. If there's an opening, heatblade him in two (as in, create heatblade to bisect him, don't use a heat wave or something like it).

Both laser and Universal amp are perfectly possible if you have the correct location.

As per jim, there's no way for him to circle around. Basically:
    Amper               Attack ---->                      Dead Mike|
    Over here         _______|                                         |
     Somewhere                 |                                         |
                                     |                                         |

The amper is over in the dark, hiding somewhere beyond the room Jim and the rest of the crew are in. He's shooting out through a pair of melted doors, into the room. Mike caught the attack, jim and everyone else scattered out of the way. The only way for jim to circle around would be to either charge straight through those melted doors or to bore is own tunnel into the connected room.

Simus sighed with relief, even with the dead man in her sight. She was just barely out of the way of the spikes, and her suit hadn't even needed to activate to protect her. And then she remembered a fact about amps: Line of Sight is required to target.

Swap through vision modes, attempting to locate the Amp user. If visual contact is made, relay his position to Miyamoto to cut in on him from above, if possible.
You scroll though your vision modes and look into the darkness of the room beyond. Unfortunately the room beyond is fairly large and filled with at least 6 support pillars; each large enough to hide a wheelchair bound psychopath. And, also unfortunately, if you're staring into that room, that means you're in the relative line of fire.

[dex:6]
You hurl yourself backwards as you start to feel a tingling in your chest. Your armor and synthflesh stop you from hurting yourself but you do bowl into Jim and end up tangled in a heap.

((Dubley Steptimus(the new guy) only has a laser rifle and some armour. He's gonna keep going unless someone tells him IC to turn back.)

Follow the giant robot tracks. Try to catch up.
Well, the two giant robots (One is synthflesh actually) are hanging around up on the surface where you are now, so finding them is pretty easy. Though they do appear to be running around a bit, staring at the ground for some reason.

Hey Steve i need a favor,
Miyamoto and Lukas have amps and super death lasers and stuff they could use but are prevented from doing so by line of sight right?
Well im mapping this tunnel in real time and if i were to send you the data you could feed it into their suit computers and have it appear on their HUD as a sort of holographic overlay showing the exact location of the tunnel and a rather accurate map of everyone's locations inside it.
any chance you could make this happen while i try to avoid impalement and incineration?

Loot the Michael for all hes worth, make mental note to invest in indestructium face armor.

relay my spatial co-ordinates to Steve along with real time telemetry from my mapping program and have him upload it to my entire team's HUD's, especially Miyamotos.

Try to spot Xavier, but also hang back with Michael's corpse and try to avoid being impaled or incinerated.

((What goodies did michael drop for me?))

Well, sending updates of your location to everyone is done, but here's the deal: Looting him means putting yourself in the line of fire. So, if you want to loot him you can, but you better do it fast.

I mean, technically that entire room is open to attack...but running into that hole is just making it that much easier for him.

"What in the six degrees of freedom is happening down there? I thought the guy moved off!"

Send LOS-drone down into the hole. Use its mapping sensors to feel out the underground space and maybe see if there's a crevice the Amper could be hiding himself in, and/or any other interesting points.
How far you want to send it? Because, with a good roll, you might be able to send it in and get a view of the guy in his hiding place and record the exact coordinates before he destroys the drone. Which could be very useful.

>Please don't destroy everything. We need this stuff. I will have you repair this crap by hand.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: November 16, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »

It is time!

Send the Scout Eye into the next room through the hole, have it fly around in patterns that are as erratic as possible. If it does not find the amp man, perhaps it will draw his fire and protect anyone else's attempt to do the same.

If the amp-man is spotted, MFM him to the best of my ability, analyzing the distance between myself and him in what is hopefully an intelligent rather than intuitive fashion. Target the chest if possible - fist-sized spheres of 4000K heat in the vital regions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:49:16 pm by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: November 16, 2013, 02:54:25 pm »

>Please don't destroy everything. We need this stuff. I will have you repair this crap by hand.

((...Steve is no longer fourth-wall-compatible. Oh dear.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: November 16, 2013, 02:59:42 pm »

Fly it all the way in. Start punching in commands for a melon-sized ball of extreme heat centered on the Amper's location, as soon as such a chance presents itself.

"I feel like I have invented the craziest handheld videogame ever."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: November 16, 2013, 03:27:11 pm »

Simus quickly disentangles herself from Jim, making sure to keep away from the opening into their antechamber.

Sorry, Jim, he started to do something to me and I had to break contact.

And yeah, he's down there, big room, 6 support pillars at least. I couldn't tell behind which one he might have been, but if I had more time to look, I'd bet that life-support wheelchair of his will glow quite brightly in infrared. That is, if I don't light the room up normally with a fairly deadly chemical source instead. Your orders on that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: November 16, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »

"Morul here. What's the situation like, and how can I help? I've got several unorthodox stuff here, including a mathless manipulator, a nonstandard rifle, and I can jump dimensions."

Peer down the hole, and try and figure out how hard it would be to climb down. Maybe use the imprints from Jim's hands?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: November 16, 2013, 04:00:52 pm »

((Dubley Steptimus(the new guy) only has a laser rifle and some armour. He's gonna keep going unless someone tells him IC to turn back.)

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16947 on: November 16, 2013, 04:15:27 pm »

Your post is in there?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: November 16, 2013, 04:29:57 pm »

((Hurry hurry posty posty))

Miyamoto action: Ask if those support pillars could be cut down without the whole level crashing down, ask what other consequences there could be if all 6 were destroyed.
Check with Steve if Miya could reach the others, the room the Amper is in, or the room with his teammates in any reasonable time.
If yes, start running to get there.

If no, go stand at the right location for firing at the Amper. Ask whether the laser could be used to cut myself an entrance to the Amper's room from here.
If his correct position is found this turn, use laser to hit him from above. If not, use laser to cut down one of those pillars (not the one Jim might target) if reliable targeting data on said pillar can be obtained.

Jim action: If he knows the position of those pillars well enough to be able to use his amp reliably, and if Steve confirms they can be brought down without burying us all, target the one closest to the left of Jim. Use micro amp to cut 2 small diagonal incisions, then matter amp to push that piece out if it doesn't come out by itself(basically, slice out a piece, then push it out if necessary). Aim low enough so that we'd see if he was hiding there.

If not, use 6 of those dense metal spheres of him, send one flying discreetly around each pillar until one bumps into something.

((The idea being to destroy the pillars to deny him cover, maybe topple them on him if we're lucky. Might be able to just heat the space beyond the pillars, but if he just shields himself we still won't know where he is. Charging into that room doesn't seem a viable option, as he'll just cut down anyone who enters. Could try to make our own entrance, but he'll probably notice that. Grenades and the like will just be bounced back, smoke nades useless cause amp senses, and I don't think we'll be able to draw him out of that room. We could starve him to death, but yeah, miiiight take a while. Jim could probably charge in and use his amps to counter his while rest team slips in, but I ain't taking that kind of risk with another's character. Any other ideas are welcome.))

Simus quickly disentangles herself from Jim, making sure to keep away from the opening into their antechamber.

Sorry, Jim, he started to do something to me and I had to break contact.

And yeah, he's down there, big room, 6 support pillars at least. I couldn't tell behind which one he might have been, but if I had more time to look, I'd bet that life-support wheelchair of his will glow quite brightly in infrared. That is, if I don't light the room up normally with a fairly deadly chemical source instead. Your orders on that.

"If you throw that nade in he'll probably bounce it back or, if we can get it in, just shield himself from the chemicals. Maybe if he was distracted it could work. Those things are remote detonated huh? They could be a distraction themselves in a pinch. Maybe if Miya surprises him with laser it could work, could get it close enough to work. As for looking in there, again, not best idea without any distractions I think. "

"Morul here. What's the situation like, and how can I help? I've got several unorthodox stuff here, including a mathless manipulator, a nonstandard rifle, and I can jump dimensions."

Peer down the hole, and try and figure out how hard it would be to climb down. Maybe use the imprints from Jim's hands?

"Glad you're here. Anything that you could do that would give us an opening would be helpful. If you can just appear in that room that would help, but don't take risks with spacemagic if you don't know how it works, I've seen too many die from that."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:35:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: November 16, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »

"Considering I found the cube next to a puddle of formerly-human goo, I'm not in any mood to play with it any more than needed. And if you can get me the general area he's in, I can jump in and distract him. Just be warned that a being called Timmy might appear, and if he does, run and tell the Armory Master."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 ... 1256