Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944192 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16305 on: October 03, 2013, 02:46:47 am »

"Hmmm, those lasers look like sensors to me. Let's see if we can find out what they trigger."

Check the walls, ceiling and floors for anything that might be set in motion by tripping an alarm. Also, ask Steve the following:

"Steve, is there any chance that you could find out what these lasers are linked to?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: October 03, 2013, 02:51:03 am »

Jim just waits for Steve's response to the questions and keeps an eye out for trouble.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16307 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:51 am »

Im not sure if taking the elevator is wise, the sods could be waiting for it on the upper levels or even just drop a grwnade down the shaft... perhaps we should hit the butoon for the top floor then climb the side of the building?

Check dead sods for any bodies bisected just below the shoulders, if found stick it in the backpack.

Afterwards check for any surviving equipment that was not lifelocked.

Finally follow bishop upstairs whether it be taking the elevator or climbing the side of the building.

The bodies Miyamoto have left aren't exactly in usable or large pieces. And the equipment they left are, as usual, just their batons.Big old bag of phallic rods. Oh well.

You follow Bishop.

"What do you make of this?  Oh!  Maybe I could cut myself up into pieces small enough to fit through the gaps in the sensors?"
"Even though I'm certain Jim would love to try that, I think we should find an alternate way of crossing them if possible. Too bad there isn't a light control amp..."

Ask Steve: "Hey, are these beams in your plans? Any idea what they do?"

If there are any vents large enough for a person to fit through them, ask Steve: "Could we use the vents to bypass those beams?"

Also check where the wires transmitting signals from the beams are.

Finally, check for other ways to bypass the sensors, like ceiling pipes, dropped ceiling, drainage pipes, maintenance hallways, etc.

Unless we have already triggered them, in which case just move on.

If that person had just designed pokeballs like i told them to you could simply catch a teammate then throw the ball down the length of the corridor and release them on the other side of the security grid.

Honestly, its like you guys think i cant predict what tinker driven space magic will be needed in the future.
((You should have taken voidspace guy along.))
((Yeah, it's not like we have enough firepower to kill everything around here. Even if us giant robots have to stay behind, the others have enough firepower and endurance to take care of themselves.))
>There are a lot of sensors on the official plans. But none of them are infrared lasers like that. I'd say they're motion sensors, designed to let someone track movement through these halls. Do me a favor find the source of them, the actual emitter. If you're questionably lucky, they'll be stuck to the wall, rather then embedded in it.

Also, your eyes aren't good enough to see the wires running through walls unless they're really big cables or something. The amount of heat or radiation thrown off by an insulated wire is too small.

As per vents or other access points, no there aren't any convenient 3 foot tall vents  around here. Or morphball tunnels that the space pirates just happen to have installed for some reason.

"Yeah, it seems like the sods are being controlled by someone who knows what they are doing. So I don't like the chances of that elevator holding up against them. It's trapping us in one small place over a long drop. Not good. For now, I think we should keep moving forward as fast as possible before they have enough chances to set up defences, so haul ass Miya!

Steve, how far up do we have to go? Are there any alternate routes that we could take to confuse the sods and their controllers? Something that we can use to cover more ground either safer or faster?"

Question Steve and keep moving forward quickly, letting Miyamoto clear the way first.

>It's not like there's some secret zip line I'm keeping from you. It's 30 stories up and you either take the elevator, the stairs or go outside. Outside means they'll all see you coming, elevator means, well, what you already said. And stairs are slow, tiring and full of twists and turns to ambush you on. Plus Miyamoto can't take them.

roaring out a Battle Cry as you do.

((That has to be one of the lamest Battle Cry's I heard in a long while. Sounds like a mildly bored dog calling out for some attention.))

If that person had just designed pokeballs like i told them to you could simply catch a teammate then throw the ball down the length of the corridor and release them on the other side of the security grid.

Honestly, its like you guys think i cant predict what tinker driven space magic will be needed in the future.

((Only problem: actually designing the damn things. And the design being at least somewhat reliable.

Then again, spess magik.))

>Alright. Your route is to continue forward. There's a elevator coming up on the right. It should take you almost all the way to the control room, but not quite. The last story or two is accessible only via the stairs, a security measure. Depending on the levels of resistance you may be better breaking your way out and then getting to the top via climbing or flying around the outside. But we'll worry about that when it comes to it. For now, find that elevator and be careful. These sods are showing levels of intelligence beyond what they should have.

"I have to side with my team on this one Steve, if they rigged those bridges then chances are they'll have done the same to the elevators. So unless you're sure they are safe, doing some legwork might be better here.

Kay guys, I see 4 options here:
A, we take our chances with the elevator. If it does go boom we take the hit and climb on from that point. Good for me, but you two might not have the armor for it.
B, we run up the stares. Kinda slow, and they can easily defend those. Though we could always just bowl over them, they don't seem to have a lot to use against us. 
C, we scale the outside. Easy for you guys, though I'd have to jump or climb my way up. Also slow, at least for me, and once they're onto us they can ambush us pretty easily. Though if i could jump from level to level, that could be fast...
And D, we call the elevator, cut the cables and move through the shaft manually. They probably won't see that coming, though explosives are still dangerous and me climbing is slow.

You know, if I could fly we wouldn't even be discussing this. I really need to get a rocket pack someday.
Oh, and Bishop, you were right about getting a move on, but before we rush on we might want to at least quickly see what our options are, might save us a lot of trouble later on."

How many levels do we need to do before reaching our target? Rough estimate will do.
Is running there an option, or would that take way too long?
Ask Steve if he can somehow check the elevator for traps.
Check where exactly those sods and civs went to.
Would climbing on the outside be feasible? As in, would we make it there in any decent time? Could I jump from level to level to get there faster?
Check elevator. How big is it, and would climbing the shaft be possible for the AoW?

30 stories.
Running? Not sure what you mean. For you it's basically either going up the elevator shaft, be it via climbing or riding, or climbing the outside.

>For traps? Like what? I can't tell if they rigged it with explosives or something, if thats what you mean. You hook yourself up to a terminal and I can make sure they haven't stuck programs in to stop it halfway up or something like that. I'm not Omnipresent yet, I can't just wandering around all ghost like and make sure the way is clear. My ability to observe the world is limited to what you all see and hear combined with any information I can skim from the base.

So I can tell you they have the Capacity to rig the elevator with explosives. I don't know if they have done so though.

The Sods and Civilians, if thats what they are, have run off down the concourse and vanished. Hard to say where they went, the concourse curves a bit so you lose sight of them after a while. They did, however, run off it the direction of the elevator..so you're sure thats just gonna work out peachy.

(You're not at the elevator yet.)

You could climb the outside. As per the time you'd make, depends on where you climb and how. And that you don't get shot off from RPG fire from inside.

"Hmmm, those lasers look like sensors to me. Let's see if we can find out what they trigger."

Check the walls, ceiling and floors for anything that might be set in motion by tripping an alarm. Also, ask Steve the following:

"Steve, is there any chance that you could find out what these lasers are linked to?"

>I can guess if Flint does as I asked.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16308 on: October 03, 2013, 10:33:09 am »

Follow the commands of glorious omnipresent ghost Steve! Ask him for ideas for bypassing those beams when I find them.

EDIT: And I meant the wires connecting to those sensors. Unless the wires and the sensors are embedded in the wells (which is unlikely since those sensors must be a relatively new addition) I should be able to see those wires, or at least get to them by breaking the plaster or whatever they use in the future.
((And if I can get to them, our fleshtech should be able to cut the insulation of the wire and use his suit to analyze the signals transferred by the wires enough to replicate them, allowing him to cut the wires and thus bypass the sensors. Of course that would mean that he has to stay behind while we pass, but I can stay behind and guard him if necessary.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:00:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: October 03, 2013, 10:34:45 am »

Lars bows his head and intones a prayer.  "O Cog-azaon, may you grant us the knowledge to find the hidden emitters of glorious laser light.  Pathmas, may we ever be in your favor.  Amen and bless Steve."

Pray for guidance.  Help Flint.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:28 am »

Help to look for emitters.  Without tripping them.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: October 03, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »

"So, basically put... We're fucked no matter which way we take. Brilliant. Let's go stop those sods from taking our elevator."

Hustle to the elevator. Shoot those sods from cover!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: October 03, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

>For traps? Like what? I can't tell if they rigged it with explosives or something, if that's what you mean. You hook yourself up to a terminal and I can make sure they haven't stuck programs in to stop it halfway up or something like that. I'm not Omnipresent yet, I can't just wandering around all ghost like and make sure the way is clear. My ability to observe the world is limited to what you all see and hear combined with any information I can skim from the base.
So I can tell you they have the Capacity to rig the elevator with explosives. I don't know if they have done so though.

"Hey, don't you be sassin' me up there. What I meant was if there were, for example, any standard systems built into elevators like these to deal with invaders making their way up. Or if we could jack our suits up into the elevator controls and you use whatever sensors the elevator shaft has to see if there are big ol' metal boxes of explosive surprise suspiciously added everywhere. Though I guess you'd warn us if this were the case, so fool on me for being redundant then."

He then turned to his two comrades in arms.

"So, basically put... We're fucked no matter which way we take. Brilliant. Let's go stop those sods from taking our elevator."

"I couldn't agree more.

Gentlemen, if you'll allow me?"

Start going for that elevator. Go first and provide convenient cover for team. Smack sods or assorted baddies with I-beam if needed, but as always, not if civvies are near.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:12:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16313 on: October 03, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »

"So..." Flint addressed brother Lars as he scanned the hallway with Gilgamesh's cameyes. "I heard you're the one in charge of media and propaganda, our 'Minister of Truth' so to speak." He was trying to distract himself, make himself relax. He slowly took another step, bringing himself closer to the wall, searching for the source of the beams. "Thought of any good names for our little rebellion, our 'New World Order'?" He waved the battlesuit's hand for a bit in front of its eyes, trying stir the air to dissipate a cloud of cold air that had just escaped a vent, so that he could see the beams better. "I was thinking about something with new or free in it. 'New Union' or 'Free Worlds of Man' or something like that. What do you think?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: October 03, 2013, 03:34:48 pm »

Lars shrugs.  "I had been focusing on the artwork to begin with, and we got rather quickly drawn into this mission.  As such, I do not have one yet.  It's hard, since He... for some reason... wants to downplay the aspect of his godhood.  I would like to have one glorifying His name, such as taking yours into the 'Free Worlds of Steve' but I don't think that counts.  'Free Worlds of Man' is a good start, though."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16315 on: October 03, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »

"Well, you've got to remember, it's different for the rest of the world. We know, we've seen Steve's... greatness. His kindness, how much he cares. The rest of the world doesn't know that. They need to see his work, our work, before they can accept him, before he can reveal himself. Would you blindly trust a god without seeing his work?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: October 03, 2013, 06:04:26 pm »

"Well, you've got to remember, it's different for the rest of the world. We know, we've seen Steve's... greatness. His kindness, how much he cares. The rest of the world doesn't know that. They need to see his work, our work, before they can accept him, before he can reveal himself. Would you blindly trust a god without seeing his work?"
((Worked for a couple thousand years.
*badum-tish*
I'll go hide in the shame corner now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: October 03, 2013, 07:13:29 pm »

Lars nods sagely.  "It is a magnificent greatness."  He looks puzzled.  "Is that not the basis of faith?  Trusting in what you may not have seen with your eyes?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:20 pm »

((Worked for a couple thousand years.
*badum-tish*
I'll go hide in the shame corner now.))
((*applause*
Well-timed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: October 04, 2013, 02:01:17 am »

Jim basically has nothing to do but stand around and keep watch.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1256