Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944724 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16290 on: October 02, 2013, 08:10:56 am »

((Embezzlement?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:49 am »

((Yeah, that!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16292 on: October 02, 2013, 09:52:53 am »

Lars looks around.  "Glorious Steve, which way do we go from here?"

>Forward. ARES itself is buried miles down in a climate controlled metal shell, but even this access point is somewhat protected. You'll need to move through its shell and containment zone. So head forward. Eventually you're gonna come across a ladder down. At that point Flint and Lukas are gonna have to stay behind, they're too big. Take the ladder and then the passage it connects to and you should come to the inner shell and then the connection node.

Flint remained tense for a few moments after the door opened, expecting an ambush to appear any moment now. It couldn't be so easy. He continued scanning the hallway with his cameyes. "Just because we don't see anything doesn't mean nothing's here. Be on the lookout for Sods. We also can't rule out automated defenses like the ones ALVIN had. If they're powered from the same source ARES is, they may still be active."

Check the hallway with cameyes and regular vision for any traps, security devices or anything interesting. Also, can I use my cameyes to detect things like live wires by tuning them to the correct frequency (since the wires should emit electromagnetic radiation and cameyes have that radiation scanning mode)? If yes, scan with that too. ((I'm thinking, where there's power there's a potential security device powered by a source other than the one Team Joker cut.))
Ask Steve: "Hey, Steve, we've FINALLY reached the... what's this section of the building called anyway? What do they do here?

Anyway, any info about security devices or automated defenses down here that could still be online? What about civilians or sods?

Finally, can you give us directions and info about the general layout of the place?"

After checking the hallway he turned to Jim. "Do you want to take point or should I keep going? I think they don't know we're here yet. If possible, we should keep it that way until we're ready to strike."

Follow Jim and/or his orders. As Jim commanded, take point. Use shield and self to provide cover for teammates if necessary. Move quickly towards ARES but make sure to use all my vision modes (including the electric wire seeing, if I can use that) to scan for danger or anything interesting/out of place while moving. Also make sure to peek around corners and doorways before moving, so that I don't blunder in the middle of a room full of sods/automated guns.

I'm guessing other people can't call or use the elevator now unless they mess with those wires from the panel, right? So we should be safe from attacks from behind.

Jim checks to see if they're on the correct floor. If so, he waits for directions from Steve and lets Flint take point as he requested, but follows him immediately after, ready to back him up.
Stick behind the giant robot overlords and provide covering fire.  Keep an eye out.
Jim's team slowly move forward down the dimly lit hall. Cameye scans are somewhat obscured by the oppressive cold of the place, and the fact that it's not even. Vents seem to be pulsing bursts of superchilled air into the hall to keep the place at the same relative temperature, but the uneven cooling and the fact that they have to keep walking through the vents is playing havoc with the cameye's ability to adjust and find a baseline. They do, however, pick up one thing interesting. There are several points in the passage where a mesh of intersecting infrared lasers crisscross the hall. They appear to be sensors of some kind, though what they trigger or why they're there and in such number, is anyone's guess.

"MWOEHAHAHA, yeah, you better run you sorry sods, but I'm coming for ya!"

Miyamoto grinned. He was starting to enjoy this. Where previously he would have recoiled at the thought of so much violence and death at his hands, right now he was reveling in it. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, a little voice was telling him to stop, to tone it down, saying this wasn't the right thing to do. That voice, however, was utterly drowned out by the visceral thrill of combat, the avalanche of adrenaline and other chemicals racing through his veins.

He knew he needed to hold back, to stay in control... But this terrifying strength, this unparalleled speed, the unbridled power of the avatar made this an increasingly difficult effort.

"Bishop, Auron, now's the time to come over and join the party I reckon. Be sure to check for sods on other levels before flying over though, there might be others capable of shooting you.
I'll try to cut of their escape, you gun them down once you're here if you can.

Hey Steve, how much farther do we need to go, and in what direction?"

((I think we're supposed to go up now, but not entirely sure. Also, at the rate Jim's team is advancing they'll have reached ARES' mainframe before we reach the control room. Unless PW has some more surprises in store for them...))

If sword is still usable in any way, retrieve it, if not just leave it. Quickly check if there's anything around that could be used as a improvised melee weapon (a support beam from the former bridge for example). Take it if it can be grabbed quickly.

Let out a battle cry. A deep, guttural sound.
Start going after the sods, try to run to the front of the group to cut off their escape route. Kick or hit sods in the way, but STOP at least 20 yards before reaching the civvies.

You tear an I-beam from the bits of the bridge that still remain-its end still glowing red hot from the cutting-and swing it around, roaring out a Battle Cry as you do. The Sods are already with the civies and they're moving away together. Hard to tell if the civies are just running because the sods are, or if the sods are specifically using them as cover. Either way, you don't like it.

"COME ON!" you pound the ground with the 10 foot length of steel, "FACE ME YOU COWARDS!" Your voice, reverberating through the otherworldly vocal cords of the Avatar rings like a Gregorian choir and shakes the glass in the windows.

"Wow... I know the sods are outclassed here, but this is somewhat ridiculous...

Uhh... Right. You keep them busy, while we move."

Check the building opposite for any more possible shooters. If it's safe, go ahead and fly him over to join our resident giant blender on legs. As always, stick to cover and watch the stairways and our rear for approaching sods.

get flown over whilst providing covering fire on an as needed basis.

Bishop air lifts auron over to the other side of the bridge and drops him off behind Miyamoto.

>Alright. Your route is to continue forward. There's a elevator coming up on the right. It should take you almost all the way to the control room, but not quite. The last story or two is accessible only via the stairs, a security measure. Depending on the levels of resistance you may be better breaking your way out and then getting to the top via climbing or flying around the outside. But we'll worry about that when it comes to it. For now, find that elevator and be careful. These sods are showing levels of intelligence beyond what they should have.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: October 02, 2013, 10:01:10 am »

>...These sods are showing levels of intelligence beyond what they should have.
((Dammit.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: October 02, 2013, 10:03:22 am »

Im not sure if taking the elevator is wise, the sods could be waiting for it on the upper levels or even just drop a grwnade down the shaft... perhaps we should hit the butoon for the top floor then climb the side of the building?

Check dead sods for any bodies bisected just below the shoulders, if found stick it in the backpack.

Afterwards check for any surviving equipment that was not lifelocked.

Finally follow bishop upstairs whether it be taking the elevator or climbing the side of the building.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: October 02, 2013, 10:17:53 am »

((Are the lasers crossing the entire hallway or just foot level?  IE could a MKIII fly over them?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: October 02, 2013, 10:45:11 am »

"What do you make of this?  Oh!  Maybe I could cut myself up into pieces small enough to fit through the gaps in the sensors?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: October 02, 2013, 10:54:56 am »

"What do you make of this?  Oh!  Maybe I could cut myself up into pieces small enough to fit through the gaps in the sensors?"
If that person had just designed pokeballs like i told them to you could simply catch a teammate then throw the ball down the length of the corridor and release them on the other side of the security grid.

Honestly, its like you guys think i cant predict what tinker driven space magic will be needed in the future.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: October 02, 2013, 10:57:51 am »

If that person had just designed pokeballs like i told them to you could simply catch a teammate then throw the ball down the length of the corridor and release them on the other side of the security grid.

Honestly, its like you guys think i cant predict what tinker driven space magic will be needed in the future.
((You should have taken voidspace guy along.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:02 am »

((Thats a really good idea actually...
Im glad to see at least one of us was granted the rarest of gifts, common sense.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16300 on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:29 am »

"Even though I'm certain Jim would love to try that, I think we should find an alternate way of crossing them if possible. Too bad there isn't a light control amp..."

Ask Steve: "Hey, are these beams in your plans? Any idea what they do?"

If there are any vents large enough for a person to fit through them, ask Steve: "Could we use the vents to bypass those beams?"

Also check where the wires transmitting signals from the beams are.

Finally, check for other ways to bypass the sensors, like ceiling pipes, dropped ceiling, drainage pipes, maintenance hallways, etc.

Unless we have already triggered them, in which case just move on.

((Yeah, it's not like we have enough firepower to kill everything around here. Even if us giant robots have to stay behind, the others have enough firepower and endurance to take care of themselves.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:10:29 am by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: October 02, 2013, 11:12:44 am »

((As I am now, I'm more suited to hit-and-run type engagements, not protracted firefights, so I'm not surprised they left me behind. Although I have stated that my assistance is a mere message away. Ignore the 100+ floors between us, I'm sure I could borrow a parachute. Parachuting down an elavator shaft. Obviously the best idea ever.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: October 02, 2013, 11:16:07 am »

((As I am now, I'm more suited to hit-and-run type engagements, not protracted firefights, so I'm not surprised they left me behind. Although I have stated that my assistance is a mere message away. Ignore the 100+ floors between us, I'm sure I could borrow a parachute. Parachuting down an elavator shaft. Obviously the best idea ever.))
((Just ask the AM for a rappel handbrake and slide down the elevator cable... unless it doesnt have one, in which case "Yay Parachutes!"))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: October 02, 2013, 11:37:46 am »

"Yeah, it seems like the sods are being controlled by someone who knows what they are doing. So I don't like the chances of that elevator holding up against them. It's trapping us in one small place over a long drop. Not good. For now, I think we should keep moving forward as fast as possible before they have enough chances to set up defences, so haul ass Miya!

Steve, how far up do we have to go? Are there any alternate routes that we could take to confuse the sods and their controllers? Something that we can use to cover more ground either safer or faster?"

Question Steve and keep moving forward quickly, letting Miyamoto clear the way first.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

roaring out a Battle Cry as you do.

((That has to be one of the lamest Battle Cry's I heard in a long while. Sounds like a mildly bored dog calling out for some attention.))

((Only problem: actually designing the damn things. And the design being at least somewhat reliable.

Then again, spess magik.))

>Alright. Your route is to continue forward. There's a elevator coming up on the right. It should take you almost all the way to the control room, but not quite. The last story or two is accessible only via the stairs, a security measure. Depending on the levels of resistance you may be better breaking your way out and then getting to the top via climbing or flying around the outside. But we'll worry about that when it comes to it. For now, find that elevator and be careful. These sods are showing levels of intelligence beyond what they should have.

"I have to side with my team on this one Steve, if they rigged those bridges then chances are they'll have done the same to the elevators. So unless you're sure they are safe, doing some legwork might be better here.

Kay guys, I see 4 options here:
A, we take our chances with the elevator. If it does go boom we take the hit and climb on from that point. Good for me, but you two might not have the armor for it.
B, we run up the stares. Kinda slow, and they can easily defend those. Though we could always just bowl over them, they don't seem to have a lot to use against us. 
C, we scale the outside. Easy for you guys, though I'd have to jump or climb my way up. Also slow, at least for me, and once they're onto us they can ambush us pretty easily. Though if i could jump from level to level, that could be fast...
And D, we call the elevator, cut the cables and move through the shaft manually. They probably won't see that coming, though explosives are still dangerous and me climbing is slow.

You know, if I could fly we wouldn't even be discussing this. I really need to get a rocket pack someday.
Oh, and Bishop, you were right about getting a move on, but before we rush on we might want to at least quickly see what our options are, might save us a lot of trouble later on."

How many levels do we need to do before reaching our target? Rough estimate will do.
Is running there an option, or would that take way too long?
Ask Steve if he can somehow check the elevator for traps.
Check where exactly those sods and civs went to.
Would climbing on the outside be feasible? As in, would we make it there in any decent time? Could I jump from level to level to get there faster?
Check elevator. How big is it, and would climbing the shaft be possible for the AoW?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:07:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1256