Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944810 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16260 on: September 29, 2013, 08:41:15 am »

(He can't, Jim's not made of metal anymore. Nice attempt, though. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: September 30, 2013, 03:27:14 am »

((I'm back. Thanks for taking over, SeriousConcentrate.))

Lukas growls again as he tries to keep the elevator doors closed.

Help Flint keep the doors closed. If that fails, walk back into cover and fire laser and gauss cannon at any enemies.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: September 30, 2013, 03:44:52 am »

(No problem. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:06 am »

((What floor did we start on?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16264 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:02 am »

I am still standing on the bridge right? If so, try to jump to the target building. If they fire the rpg (or another heavy projectile), use manipulator to send it back at them. If the bridge collapses (for example, by getting hit by an rpg round) use manip to launch myself onto the target building.
[Dex:6+1+1]
[uncon:1+1+1]
The Avatar's legs coil up beneath you with all the force of a rocket motor. The Sod fires as you hurl yourself off the bridge, the ruined metal tearing away beneath the force of your leap and falling even further. You try to reflect the rocket with your manipulator, but the best you can manage to do is simply shield yourself from most of the blast. Your cloak shields you from the rest. You barrel through the haze of smoke and flame and land up in the hole where the bridge used to be, crushing the sod with the rocket launcher as you do.

All around you are other sods, over a dozen, and far in the back, hiding behind cover over 100 yards away are what look like civilians, all cowering behind things.

You crack your knuckles. This has the potential to be extremely fun.

"Right. Mesk, check the controls and see if there is some kind of manual override we can use to keep going down. Lukas, you help Flint keep those doors closed. Lars, you're with me; if those doors do open, I want you in cover and ready to open fire. I'll provide back-up with my amps." Jim glanced at Flint and Lukas. "Again, if those doors open, I want you to get into cover as soon as possible and see about cutting a hole in the floor. That corner back there should do. Lukas, you're authorized to use whatever weapons you want against any hostile forces."

Jim gives orders and gets into cover.
"You, the two giant robots, keep the door closed. You, immortal, try to override the mechanism and keep us going. I'm gonna be hiding behind these boxes."

You shout your orders to your team before ducking down behind one of the crates.

Search for a panel or something to try and manually override the elevator controls.
[Aux:3+2]
You walk over to control panel to the elevator and pry it off. You dig around in the wires for a few moments before snapping them out of their sockets and sparking them together. The elevator shudders and then speeds back up.

"We're on the express train now. First and only stop, the basement."

What kind of doors does the elevator have? If it is possible for me and Lukas to keep them closed and if Jim doesn't object, do that!

Otherwise, same thing as last turn: shield up, be ready to mine any enemies.
Also be ready to grab my allies and fly if something happens to the elevator or to use the shield to throw any grenades back to their sender.

"Hey, help me keep the doors closed. Or I could cut a hole in the elevator's floor and use my rockets to ease us down while someone cuts the elevator's wires and checks if there is a spoon."
((I'm back. Thanks for taking over, SeriousConcentrate.))

Lukas growls again as he tries to keep the elevator doors closed.

Help Flint keep the doors closed. If that fails, walk back into cover and fire laser and gauss cannon at any enemies.
Both Flint and Lukas gather around the door, just in case.

"Yes, General Jim. May the gods bless us as we approach the objective. Praise Steve."

Get into cover and go overwatch at the door. Don't shoot civvies.
You watch the door, keeping your rifle pointed at it and whispering prayers to yourself the entire time. You're pretty sure you're charging your favor up to Pro-MLG levels here. You can imagine it now. You're gonna fire and ingram is gonna ride in on a giant burning tiger and carry the bullet right into some poor bastard's eye socket. It's gonna be 100% metal.

try to find another way across, shoot sods as they come into range.
Return fire! Stay in cover and try to take out those sods with a few bursts.
Miyamoto comes hurtling out of nowhere cloaked in smoke and flame  and lands up with the sods. You both start firing on the sods he didn't nonchalantly crush.
[Bishop con:5]
[Auron uncon: 4+1]
Bishop and Auron are in rare form. They pop out of their cover just long enough to unleash perfectly  aimed shots. Bishop's gauss round tears straight through the throat of a sod, slipping through it's armor like a stiletto between the ribs. Auron's laser guided lightning bolts connect directly between a sod's eyes and his head catches fire as he falls limply to the ground.

They both spin and drop back into cover as a barrage of fire rips by overhead. Many fistbumps and high fives are had.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: September 30, 2013, 11:39:06 am »

((You have a lot of fun with Lars, don't you?  Don't worry- we appreciate it.))

Lars nodded.  "Well done, Brother Mesk.  Surely Cog-azaon blesses you with his divine knowledge.  Yea, your hands sing praises to Hal-mon with every rockin' stroke.  Surely he will lay some crazy blessings upon you mightly.  Amen, and rock on."

Lars continues to aim at the door, humming some rock hymns.

Praise teammates and gods.  Continue to overwatch door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16266 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:06 am »

Same thing I've been doing: use shield and self to provide cover to teammates (except Lukas), be ready to fire my laser if there is no danger of hurting civilians.

"Yeah, good job."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:55:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

"Nice! That's 2 down!

Miya, take care of those sods and I'll carry Auron across. I can't risk open flight with him while there's this many gunning for us!"

Switch to the rocket rifle if I'm in better range for it than my gauss rifle. Move to a new spot without leaving cover and then lay down some suppressing fire on those sods!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: September 30, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »

"No kidding."

Jim also continues overwatch on door.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: September 30, 2013, 02:25:22 pm »

"Why helloooo everybody. My fists are having a party, and everyone's invited!"

Start killing sods in hand-to-hand, use broadsword if possible. Move away from door so team has a better shot at the sods. Try not to get civvies involved.

"Nice! That's 2 down!

Miya, take care of those sods and I'll carry Auron across. I can't risk open flight with him while there's this many gunning for us!"

Switch to the rocket rifle if I'm in better range for it than my gauss rifle. Move to a new spot without leaving cover and then lay down some suppressing fire on those sods!

"Damn straight you ain't flying with those sods here, you'd be sitting pigeonrats. Just keep shootin' em down, this shouldn't take too long I hope.

Nice marksmanship by the way."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:46:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: September 30, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »

((Damn. Those rolls. I think the three Miyamoto rolled was the lowest roll there.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »

more covering fire, then if being carried provide even more covering fire.

((Automated weapons man...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:06 am »

Stay in position
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16273 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:07 pm »

((You have a lot of fun with Lars, don't you?  Don't worry- we appreciate it.))

Lars nodded.  "Well done, Brother Mesk.  Surely Cog-azaon blesses you with his divine knowledge.  Yea, your hands sing praises to Hal-mon with every rockin' stroke.  Surely he will lay some crazy blessings upon you mightly.  Amen, and rock on."

Lars continues to aim at the door, humming some rock hymns.

Praise teammates and gods.  Continue to overwatch door.
Same thing I've been doing: use shield and self to provide cover to teammates (except Lukas), be ready to fire my laser if there is no danger of hurting civilians.

"Yeah, good job."
"No kidding."

Jim also continues overwatch on door.
Stay in position

The elevator continues to descend. And descend. And descend some more. Finally, about the time when the elevator's occupants were beginning to get worried that the elevator may have descended into an alternate plane of infinite nothingness, the doors open with a ding. Beyond the doors is a hallway, very dark and visibly cold, with dry ice like fog billowing around on the floor. The only light comes from the elevator and from a thin row of dim inset lights on the floor of the hallway. Everything is empty and quiet.

"Why helloooo everybody. My fists are having a party, and everyone's invited!"

Start killing sods in hand-to-hand, use broadsword if possible. Move away from door so team has a better shot at the sods. Try not to get civvies involved.

"Nice! That's 2 down!

"Damn straight you ain't flying with those sods here, you'd be sitting pigeonrats. Just keep shootin' em down, this shouldn't take too long I hope.

Nice marksmanship by the way."

[Dex:6+1]
Miyamoto draws his sword and begins to swing like a homicidal blender, a food processor with significant anger issues and distressing speed. The broadsword he's wielding isn't particularly special in terms of sharpness, but when you're swinging it around with the force of a runaway locomotive filled with molten lead, it doesn't really matter how sharp it is. The blade cleaves straight through the first one, severing him in half, and then nearly bisects another. It makes it through the head and sternum of another before the blade breaks, and the jagged bits and half the handle are buried in another. The Remaining sods are in full retreat now, moving down the hallway toward the civilians.

more covering fire, then if being carried provide even more covering fire.

((Automated weapons man...))
"Nice! That's 2 down!

Bad news: Miyamoto's big fat ass is covering pretty much the entire hallway on the other side of what used to be the bridge. 

Good news: Miyamoto sincerely doesn't seem to need any help with this stuff. Jesus space faring christ.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: October 01, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

Lars looks around.  "Glorious Steve, which way do we go from here?"
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1256