Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944828 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16245 on: September 28, 2013, 12:17:03 pm »

Jim checks to see if any of the crates might be dangerous, ie labels like ?-EX on the sides. If there are any, he and Lukas remove them from the elevator, and then they board. If none are, he and Lukas board and begin to shift crates around to make viable cover.

EDIT: Also Jim waits for everyone to board and then starts the elevator going down.

You and Lukas, who is still growling, walk into the elevator and start sorting through the boxes. Lukas holds them in one hand, peering deeply into the mysteries of their labels before tossing them over his shoulder. You hold them with all four arms and carefully stack them into a little defensive wall near the doors to the elevator. After a few minutes, everything is ready to go.

"Everybody on board. Next stop, Lingerie, alcohol, bad science fiction movies, hallucinogens and galactic conquest."

((Yay! The jump rockets I sold Auron were useful!

You know you've got a damn good bridge when it can take the weight of an avatar and a second bridge crashing on top of it.))

((Is the Avatar of War unharmed?))
((The thing is an unstoppable war machine that can make entire enemy squads tremble. It can survive gauss cannon rounds and take on altered skyscrapers in 1 on 1 combat. So the answer to your question is: They dented his armor, rocked him around and scratched his paint. Now he's pissed and is out to get them with his fists, building destroying laser and reality bending powers. Assuming the second bridge doesn't collapse.))

Same thing as last turn:
If we go down the elevator this turn, set the shield up near the elevator door with my laser on top of it. Be ready to sweep the laser across any enemies if there aren't any civilians around or hide behind the shield if there are.

Otherwise, just keep looking around for danger.

You board the elevator with Jim and Lukas.

"Going down!....By which I mean riding the elevator down...I'm not making a May style proclamation."

check for sods in hall, if none exist calmy make my way downstairs whilst keeping an eye out for offices with valuable loot items or golf putters. Try to find a UWM mug while im at it.

Once i have finished looting my way downstairs try to find another way across to the other building.

You pull your head out of a urinal and stagger out into the hall, trailing toilet paper and plumbing behind you. You appear to have blundered your way into a workshop of sorts; there are several machines- of which you can't really guess the function of beyond the fact that they appear very technical- and technicians staring at you blankly.

"Stairs down?" you ask, pulling a toilet seat off your arm and brushing porcelain dust off your suit.

One of the techs points out a door to the left.

"Thanks."

You walk out the door, follow a hall, head down some stairs, punch your way into a vending machine and enjoy a cold drink before ending up back in the concourse with the rest of the team.

You join them in cover.

((Hahaha, oh my. I knew something was fishy about that bridge when I saw that failed intuition roll, but what I didn't suspect was to roll one for agility. Again! I got a one on three consecutive turns (unless that intuit roll was a two instead of (1+1) in which case PW forgot to add the AoW's general +1...)
Apparently piloting the embodiment of war gets you on the bad side of the RNG.  :P

More importantly though, this proves that there are indeed defenses and traps Steve doesn't know about.
Oh well, let's go have !FUN!))

((Somehow forgot to react to this last turn, so erm... Let's just assume it was send before the bridge incident.))

"Hey, boss, now that we've seen what those sods can do, I'm kind of worried about the fact that you're assaulting the command center with only 3 people. Most of the Sod Commanders will be there, meaning you could have every sod in there after you. Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Hey, don't worry too much, we'll be fine. Besides, your team isn't going to have it easy either, and since my last... Upgrade this seemed like a safer team layout."

Try to hurry to the other side. If the bridge collapses again, or I tumble off or something, use manipulator to push me to the target building. Push, as in add enough velocity up and forward to safely land where the bridge that is holding me know connects to the building.

"Holy crap, they collapsed the whole damn bridge on us. Hey Steve, what the hell man? Didn't you know about this?

Bishop, Auron, where are you guys? You all ok? Listen, the two of you should regroup and check if there aren't any sods rushing out or anything. I'll have to get out of this first before we can move on, and you two can't carry me anyway."

>These defenses weren't built into the base. They must have been placed manually. That could mean many things. It might mean that there's a Sod controller in the area, coordinating their actions and setting traps. Might be an independent force, one we're not aware of. Might just be defenses that they installed without updating the schematics. Tread with caution.

You stand up, tearing your way out of the crushed bridge like you were ripping through a cardboard box. You stand up, shaking the rubble off, and look up. On the opposite building, in the hole where the bridge used to connect, there are several humanoid forms moving around. You zoom in with your cam eyes. The blurry forms coalesce into Sods. One of them has what appears to be a very large RPG aimed at you.

"Praise be."

Stick with Jim and be generally helpful.  Pray for other team.

PFP

You hop into the elevator and hide behind the box wall that Jim and Lukas set up. You continue to sing hymns while waiting for the elevator to descend.

Await opportunity for pew-pew.
I'm not entirely sure which team you're on, Jim or Miya, so if you're with jim, I'm gonna assume you boarded the elevator. If you're with miya, Imma assume you ducked for cover.

"Wow. Didn't see that one coming... I'm currently hovering over where the bridge used to be and Auron jumped to safety. I'll give him a lift if need be and we'll wait for you to get in position."

Give Auron a lift back down to the level where we were at previously, so he doesn't have to hike downstairs and possibly through squads of enemy sods. Keep an eye on the other building for enemy fire or other crazy stuff and take cover so I don't get shot or vaporized.

[dex:3+1+1(MK III)]

You start to fly over toward the hole that auron punched in the wall with his head, when you notice people moving around on the other building, swarming over to the hole where the bridge used to be. They're Sods. And they've got rifles aimed at your head.

You zip down and away, jerking across the sky in a random serpentine pattern until you get back into the first building and skid to a stop behind a metal support beam. Gauss shells hiss by and clang loudly as they shatter against the beam.

Miyamoto's team scrambles into cover as gauss rounds rip through the air overhead.

Jim's team finishes loading into the elevator and, at steve's prompting, chooses floor negative thirty. The elevator doors slide shut and the platform begins to descend. It continues down until it begins to near the 50th floor and then starts to slow. It seems like it's going to stop.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: September 28, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »

You pull your head out of a urinal and stagger out into the hall, trailing toilet paper and plumbing behind you. You appear to have blundered your way into a workshop of sorts; there are several machines- of which you can't really guess the function of beyond the fact that they appear very technical- and technicians staring at you blankly.

"Stairs down?" you ask, pulling a toilet seat off your arm and brushing porcelain dust off your suit.

One of the techs points out a door to the left.

"Thanks."
((I missed something.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:21 pm »

((I missed something.))
((Unholy's action post was edited. at first he was going to spend the turn using an office urinal, since he figured they were going to stand around and do nothing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:34 pm »

I am still standing on the bridge right? If so, try to jump to the target building. If they fire the rpg (or another heavy projectile), use manipulator to send it back at them. If the bridge collapses (for example, by getting hit by an rpg round) use manip to launch myself onto the target building.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: September 28, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »

Jim nudged Mesk. "Think I should do the elevator trick - on purpose this time?"

(Jim really doesn't have a good track record with elevators, does he? >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: September 28, 2013, 02:52:57 pm »

(I'm on Jim's team.)

"Oh... please, no."
A variety of emotions crosses Mesk's face before he settles on 'mildly concerned'.
"For one thing, you'll probably kill everyone."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16251 on: September 28, 2013, 02:55:35 pm »

What kind of doors does the elevator have? If it is possible for me and Lukas to keep them closed and if Jim doesn't object, do that!

Otherwise, same thing as last turn: shield up, be ready to mine any enemies.
Also be ready to grab my allies and fly if something happens to the elevator or to use the shield to throw any grenades back to their sender.

"Hey, help me keep the doors closed. Or I could cut a hole in the elevator's floor and use my rockets to ease us down while someone cuts the elevator's wires and checks if there is a spoon."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:57:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: September 28, 2013, 03:05:34 pm »

"Right. Mesk, check the controls and see if there is some kind of manual override we can use to keep going down. Lukas, you help Flint keep those doors closed. Lars, you're with me; if those doors do open, I want you in cover and ready to open fire. I'll provide back-up with my amps." Jim glanced at Flint and Lukas. "Again, if those doors open, I want you to get into cover as soon as possible and see about cutting a hole in the floor. That corner back there should do. Lukas, you're authorized to use whatever weapons you want against any hostile forces."

Jim gives orders and gets into cover.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: September 28, 2013, 03:50:37 pm »

Search for a panel or something to try and manually override the elevator controls.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:55 pm »

"Yes, General Jim. May the gods bless us as we approach the objective. Praise Steve."

Get into cover and go overwatch at the door. Don't shoot civvies.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16255 on: September 28, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »

Which elevator trick? The one where you accidentally melt the floor or the one where mesk welds your arm to your head and you push him down an elevator shaft?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: September 28, 2013, 09:06:04 pm »

try to find another way across, shoot sods as they come into range.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: September 28, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

Which elevator trick? The one where you accidentally melt the floor or the one where mesk welds your arm to your head and you push him down an elevator shaft?

(...I would say the first, but I don't want that to actually be part of my action. >.>)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: September 28, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »

Return fire! Stay in cover and try to take out those sods with a few bursts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: September 29, 2013, 08:38:05 am »

(...I would say the first, but I don't want that to actually be part of my action. >.>)
((Do you want Mesk to weld your arm to your head before you push him down an elevator shaft?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1256