Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942922 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16215 on: September 25, 2013, 11:38:52 am »

((Didn't Steve mention connection suits to panels and stuff so he can do the hacking?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: September 25, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »

make scary noises at the poorly hidden crewmen using the speakers trapped within my skull helmet and chase them away whilst aimlessly swinging my reiterpallash in one hand and a baton in the other, do not actually hit them.
Except for the one Jim is tricking for the code.
once they are sufficiently traumatized and fleeing turn my attention to the number pad, if Steve doesn't give us the code and Jim cant get it form the crewman use my magical computer skills to guess it somehow, otherwise just input it and wait for everyone to get on board before sending us down.

((I think you're on the wrong team. Auron supposed to go with Bishop and Miyamoto, which means he's now overlooking the flimsy skywalk leading to our doom objective.))

"Huh, well, this is rather annoying. And I'd bet one of my 6 eyes that there are some sods on the other side of this bridge.

Hmm, can't risk shooting too much or this thing might collapse. I wonder if a sod would realize this too... And could it take advantage of it?
Even so, you guys can fly, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. For me though... Yeah. Bit of an issue.

I could use my manip to help me get across in case of emergency, though that is understandably a bit of a last resort thing. Or I might be able to sprint the length of the bridge before they know what's going on, but that too is a bit risky.

Perhaps the two of you could move up and secure the bridge first? Kinda dangerous, I know, we've seen what these guys can do, best not underestimate them. Still, it could work.

Hmm... What do you guys think?"

Look, using different cameye modes, if I can make out anything extra about the figures on the other side.
Check (either manually by carefully testing or by asking Steve) whether this bridge could hold my weight if I walk or sprint across. If I get a running start, how long would it take to cross this bridge? And say there was no bridge, could I jump for it and make it to the other side? And is there some sort of overhang where the bridge meets the building where I could land, even if on a level below the current one?

If the bridge could indeed hold an AoW's weight while it sprints, get into a starting position a bit away from the skywalk to begin running next turn (and hopefully build up dynamic bonus this turn?)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16217 on: September 25, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

@Jim:"If we can't call the elevator, we could simply force the door open and fly down. I can take Lukas and one of our mark 3s can take you. Hey, Steve, any problems with that plan?"

Consider the possibility of just opening/punching the door and flying down in the above mentioned way. Ask Steve for info to make a more informed decision. Keep watching the area around for hostiles or other security devices. If the elevator is called, have my laser ready to shoot the moment the doors open.

((Mesk is our tech. Let's hope he doesn't kick the keypad.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:00:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: September 25, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »

Wristpad message to assault team.

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Assault team.
New intel from Steve you may wanna know. First, deeper down in the facility are modified Sods. No intel on type of modifications, should know soon, and will update you accordingly. Second, Sods are trained to counter amps and manipulators, again no intel on how, should know soon, will update. Third, artifacts and unique weapons are a grey area in a Sods training. They can deal, but not as well as normal. Would recommend that you do not rely to greatly on this fact, as they are likely to learn quickly, however, as long as you eliminate the group before contact is made to other Sods, you should be able to keep the weapons secret longer. Any other questions I should ask Steve? Already asked for more intel on Sod amp counter tactics, and intel on type of modification to deeper Sods.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16219 on: September 25, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »

((I'm pretty sure Steve said "We'll no doubt see those inhuman sods later" meaning "later in the war" not "later in this facility"))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: September 25, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

((I thought i was on the control room team... oh wells following the avatar will probably be more fun.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16221 on: September 25, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »

((I thought i was on the control room team... oh wells following the avatar will probably be more fun.))
((The avatar IS going to the main control room. Which should be more fun, since most of the Officers and Sod Commanders will be there, meaning the Sods will be even more effective.

And now I'm worried about Miyamoto. Although his armor will probably hold, we can't know what tactics or weapons they'll use. And he might be tempted to deactivate his restraints.))

@Miyamoto:"Hey, boss, now that we've seen what those sods can do, I'm kind of worried about the fact that you're assaulting the command center with only 3 people. Most of the Sod Commanders will be there, meaning you could have every sod in there after you. Are you sure you'll be fine?"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:02:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: September 25, 2013, 09:31:29 pm »

"Alright. You cover us while we move up. Come on Auron."

Start heading across the bridge with Auron, sticking to as much cover as possible. Keep my gun trained on that other door where the heat signatures are and be ready to jump out a window and fly below and to the side of the bridge if they throw grenades or use explosives.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: September 26, 2013, 02:24:06 am »

Aid Jim by looking intimidating

((I'll be gone until Monday, and I won't be able to post any actions in the meantime. SeriousConcentrate, will you do the honors?))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:42:53 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16224 on: September 26, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »

Jim looks around for a hidden crewman, and if he finds one, takes him to the elevator and says the below.

"Look, I don't want to hurt you, all right? If you just put in the access code, I'll let go of you, and you can be on your way." Jim carefully avoided mentioning that even if the guy didn't put in the access code, he'd let go of him regardless.

If the crewman does not put in the code, Jim will let him go. After that or if he didn't find one in the first place, he'll try to open the doors to the elevator himself and take a look at the shaft to see if jumping down it is feasible or not.

You wander around until you find a crewman whose trying to hide from you. You catch him by the collar and drag him back over to the elevator, demanding that he enter the code. He presses something into the keypad and it beeps and displays a green light. You give the man a little toss and send him on his way before pressing the call button. About 30 seconds later the elevator arrives. It's holding a few crates and about a half dozen crewmen, who look none-to-happy to see you.

make scary noises at the poorly hidden crewmen using the speakers trapped within my skull helmet and chase them away whilst aimlessly swinging my reiterpallash in one hand and a baton in the other, do not actually hit them.
Except for the one Jim is tricking for the code, dont chase him away.

once they are sufficiently traumatized and fleeing turn my attention to the skywalk and follow my group accross, provide covering fire as necessary.

You scare some random civilians. There's not a lot of places for them to run though, besides away from you and toward jim's group, or out toward the gangway. So yeah, thats great.

Except for the one Jim is tricking for the code.
once they are sufficiently traumatized and fleeing turn my attention to the number pad, if Steve doesn't give us the code and Jim cant get it form the crewman use my magical computer skills to guess it somehow, otherwise just input it and wait for everyone to get on board before sending us down.

((I think you're on the wrong team. Auron supposed to go with Bishop and Miyamoto, which means he's now overlooking the flimsy skywalk leading to our doom objective.))

"Huh, well, this is rather annoying. And I'd bet one of my 6 eyes that there are some sods on the other side of this bridge.

Hmm, can't risk shooting too much or this thing might collapse. I wonder if a sod would realize this too... And could it take advantage of it?
Even so, you guys can fly, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. For me though... Yeah. Bit of an issue.

I could use my manip to help me get across in case of emergency, though that is understandably a bit of a last resort thing. Or I might be able to sprint the length of the bridge before they know what's going on, but that too is a bit risky.

Perhaps the two of you could move up and secure the bridge first? Kinda dangerous, I know, we've seen what these guys can do, best not underestimate them. Still, it could work.

Hmm... What do you guys think?"

Look, using different cameye modes, if I can make out anything extra about the figures on the other side.
Check (either manually by carefully testing or by asking Steve) whether this bridge could hold my weight if I walk or sprint across. If I get a running start, how long would it take to cross this bridge? And say there was no bridge, could I jump for it and make it to the other side? And is there some sort of overhang where the bridge meets the building where I could land, even if on a level below the current one?

If the bridge could indeed hold an AoW's weight while it sprints, get into a starting position a bit away from the skywalk to begin running next turn (and hopefully build up dynamic bonus this turn?)

Steve tells you that, according to the blueprints at least, the bridge is rated to take your weight, though running isn't really an option. More like crawling or crouching.

As per jumping it, you don't think you could jump from one entrance to the other, as it were, but you could probably jump from one building to the other You'd just end up landing several stories lower then where you leapt.

[intuition:2]
Your vision modes don't let you know much about the things beyond the bridge. Judging by the size and lack of movement you're guessing some of them are sods, but you don't really know for sure.

@Jim:"If we can't call the elevator, we could simply force the door open and fly down. I can take Lukas and one of our mark 3s can take you. Hey, Steve, any problems with that plan?"

Consider the possibility of just opening/punching the door and flying down in the above mentioned way. Ask Steve for info to make a more informed decision. Keep watching the area around for hostiles or other security devices. If the elevator is called, have my laser ready to shoot the moment the doors open.

((Mesk is our tech. Let's hope he doesn't kick the keypad.))
I'm gonna assume that this conversation is now moot and that you don't want to just laser the crewmen.

"Alright. You cover us while we move up. Come on Auron."

Start heading across the bridge with Auron, sticking to as much cover as possible. Keep my gun trained on that other door where the heat signatures are and be ready to jump out a window and fly below and to the side of the bridge if they throw grenades or use explosives.
Well, auron said only to cross when others did, and no one has yet, since you're wanting to cross with him. I assume you're all wanting Miyamoto to go first, and he's not moving yet.

Aid Jim by looking intimidating

((I'll be gone until Monday, and I won't be able to post any actions in the meantime. SeriousConcentrate, will you do the honors?))

You're a giant robot with a skull head. Looking intimidating is what you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16225 on: September 26, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »

Jim quickly scans the crewmen, looking for weapons. If he doesn't see any, he jerks a thumb over his shoulder. "Get out and find a place to hide." If he does see any weapons, he'll attempt to take them away while causing as little injury as possible and remove the crew from the elevator, again while causing as little injury as possible but forcefully enough to give them the hint they should skedaddle.

EDIT: (didn't notice Prosperus's request until now. I don't like to play other people's characters... hmm... guess I'll just have him do the same as last turn for now...)

Lukas: Continue to be intimidating. Defend self if it becomes necessary.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 02:53:04 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: September 26, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »

Lars strikes a menacing pose.  "Better listen to him.  I've seen this man snap spines when he gets impatient."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16227 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »

Make sure I remember the password the civilian used in case we need it later. Or keep one of the civilians here if it looks like we'll need one to operate the elevator.

If we go down the elevator this turn, set the shield up near the elevator door with my laser on top of it. Be ready to sweep the laser across any enemies if there aren't any civilians or hide the shield if there are.

Otherwise, just keep looking around for danger.

Oh, what's in the elevator besides civilians? How large is it?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:17:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: September 26, 2013, 04:05:46 pm »

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Assault Team.
Morul here. The modifications to the more elite sods range from cyborg enhancements, genetic therapies, and multiple redundant organs. The sods deal with space magic by moving quickly in erratic patterns. They are trained to recognize that line of sight is required for space magic, and can determine the most likely user from that. Also, sods cannot use space magic themselves. At least, not yet apparently. Good luck and Godspeed gentlemen. Morul out.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Assault Team.
Morul here. The modifications to the more elite sods range from cyborg enhancements, genetic therapies, and multiple redundant organs. The sods deal with space magic by moving quickly in erratic patterns. They are trained to recognize that line of sight is required for space magic, and can determine the most likely user from that. Also, sods cannot use space magic themselves. At least, not yet apparently. Good luck and Godspeed gentlemen. Morul out.

Thanks for the intell man, good to know. How's things over there? Preparations coming along? We just took out some sods, and man, those guys are good.

"Sooo guys, I guess I'll start crawling then huh? Stupid UWM, not taking massive robots into account when designing catwalks.

Anyways, maybe you guys could fly up to the skybridge itself? Cause otherwise you won't be able to give any support fire when needed, my shiny synthflesh ass would be in the way. If not we'll just have to pray they're not smart enough to blow away our footing."

Once Bishop and Auron are in position, start crawling towards the other side.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1256