Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944252 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16230 on: September 26, 2013, 06:49:17 pm »

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Miyamoto.
Got some cargo crate walls set up, drones everywhere, and I have ideas for beer bombs. Yes you read that right. No sods as of yet, though I'm damn sure they'll start popping up soonish. Perhaps to relieve their now dead comrades. You good on your end? Just remember, if needed we can dispatch some people from here to act as reinforcements. Just give the call. Same for extra intel, though if I'm in voidspace, I won't get the message.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: September 26, 2013, 09:27:05 pm »

break one of the windows and climb on top of the skybridge and begin slowly making my way across, be prepared to drop flat on my stomach and hang my arm over the side to provide covering fire as necessary.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

Follow Miyamoto's plan. Try my best not to get shot.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16233 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:15 am »

Jim quickly scans the crewmen, looking for weapons. If he doesn't see any, he jerks a thumb over his shoulder. "Get out and find a place to hide." If he does see any weapons, he'll attempt to take them away while causing as little injury as possible and remove the crew from the elevator, again while causing as little injury as possible but forcefully enough to give them the hint they should skedaddle.

EDIT: (didn't notice Prosperus's request until now. I don't like to play other people's characters... hmm... guess I'll just have him do the same as last turn for now...)

Lukas: Continue to be intimidating. Defend self if it becomes necessary.
"Howdy. We're with Imperial IT services. It seems your Empire has been running slower and more dickish recently. Never fear, we're here to fix all that. Now, if you wouldn't mind exiting the elevator," You jerk your thumb behind you, "We can all go about our business nice and unmolested."

The crewmen scramble out, leaving the crates behind, and sprint away across the concourse. Hooray for diplomacy.

Lukas continues to make robotic growling noises long after the men have left.

Make sure I remember the password the civilian used in case we need it later. Or keep one of the civilians here if it looks like we'll need one to operate the elevator.

If we go down the elevator this turn, set the shield up near the elevator door with my laser on top of it. Be ready to sweep the laser across any enemies if there aren't any civilians or hide the shield if there are.

Otherwise, just keep looking around for danger.

Oh, what's in the elevator besides civilians? How large is it?

The elevator is a fairly large freight elevator, the kind used to carry large amounts of materials, heavy things, stuff like that. This one is big enough for you to get into, though only just barely. As per whats in there, now that the people are out it's basically just crates. Square Metal crates about three foot tall, and not a lot of them either. They have labels, but they're in the same incomprehensible code as the boxes back on the gangway, a mix of truncated words and numbers.

Quote from: Morul Migrurkeshin to Assault Team.
Morul here. The modifications to the more elite sods range from cyborg enhancements, genetic therapies, and multiple redundant organs. The sods deal with space magic by moving quickly in erratic patterns. They are trained to recognize that line of sight is required for space magic, and can determine the most likely user from that. Also, sods cannot use space magic themselves. At least, not yet apparently. Good luck and Godspeed gentlemen. Morul out.

Thanks for the intell man, good to know. How's things over there? Preparations coming along? We just took out some sods, and man, those guys are good.

"Sooo guys, I guess I'll start crawling then huh? Stupid UWM, not taking massive robots into account when designing catwalks.

Anyways, maybe you guys could fly up to the skybridge itself? Cause otherwise you won't be able to give any support fire when needed, my shiny synthflesh ass would be in the way. If not we'll just have to pray they're not smart enough to blow away our footing."

Once Bishop and Auron are in position, start crawling towards the other side.
break one of the windows and climb on top of the skybridge and begin slowly making my way across, be prepared to drop flat on my stomach and hang my arm over the side to provide covering fire as necessary.
Follow Miyamoto's plan. Try my best not to get shot.

Miyamoto begins crawling through the sky bridge while Auron and Bishop walk along the top. They manage to get to about the halfway point before the melter charges strapped to either end of the bridge ignite. White hot metal cascades down and out from the points where the bridge connects to the buildings, melting away the supports in less then 5 seconds. Bishop, with his MK III simply hovers. [Auron aux:6+1] Auron fires his jump pack and leaps back toward the building they left from, smashing through a window several stories up from where the bridge begins and slamming his way into a bathroom.

Miyamoto, on the other hand, cannot fly.
[miyamoto dex:1+1]
The bridge's sudden downward path takes him completely by surprise and he sits there, dumbfounded, as the bridge drops a dozen stories before hitting a lower bridge. Both structures crush inward like tin cans under a car tire, but the second one manages to stay attached to the building.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: September 27, 2013, 10:12:43 am »

((Is the Avatar of War unharmed?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16235 on: September 27, 2013, 10:19:15 am »

Jim checks to see if any of the crates might be dangerous, ie labels like ?-EX on the sides. If there are any, he and Lukas remove them from the elevator, and then they board. If none are, he and Lukas board and begin to shift crates around to make viable cover.

EDIT: Also Jim waits for everyone to board and then starts the elevator going down.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:24:34 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16236 on: September 27, 2013, 10:22:04 am »

((Yay! The jump rockets I sold Auron were useful!

You know you've got a damn good bridge when it can take the weight of an avatar and a second bridge crashing on top of it.))

((Is the Avatar of War unharmed?))
((The thing is an unstoppable war machine that can make entire enemy squads tremble. It can survive gauss cannon rounds and take on altered skyscrapers in 1 on 1 combat. So the answer to your question is: They dented his armor, rocked him around and scratched his paint. Now he's pissed and is out to get them with his fists, building destroying laser and reality bending powers. Assuming the second bridge doesn't collapse.))

Same thing as last turn:
If we go down the elevator this turn, set the shield up near the elevator door with my laser on top of it. Be ready to sweep the laser across any enemies if there aren't any civilians around or hide behind the shield if there are.

Otherwise, just keep looking around for danger.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:25:01 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: September 27, 2013, 10:57:21 am »

check for sods in hall, if none exist calmy make my way downstairs whilst keeping an eye out for offices with valuable loot items or golf putters. Try to find a UWM mug while im at it.

Once i have finished looting my way downstairs try to find another way across to the other building.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:08:32 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:38 am »

((Mk suits already have tubes going into uncomfortable places of human anatomy.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16239 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

((Why use a tube when you can use a toilet?

Its just a joke action till i see what the others are doing.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: September 27, 2013, 02:44:08 pm »

((Hahaha, oh my. I knew something was fishy about that bridge when I saw that failed intuition roll, but what I didn't suspect was to roll one for agility. Again! I got a one on three consecutive turns (unless that intuit roll was a two instead of (1+1) in which case PW forgot to add the AoW's general +1...)
Apparently piloting the embodiment of war gets you on the bad side of the RNG.  :P

More importantly though, this proves that there are indeed defenses and traps Steve doesn't know about.
Oh well, let's go have !FUN!))

((Somehow forgot to react to this last turn, so erm... Let's just assume it was send before the bridge incident.))

"Hey, boss, now that we've seen what those sods can do, I'm kind of worried about the fact that you're assaulting the command center with only 3 people. Most of the Sod Commanders will be there, meaning you could have every sod in there after you. Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Hey, don't worry too much, we'll be fine. Besides, your team isn't going to have it easy either, and since my last... Upgrade this seemed like a safer team layout."

Try to hurry to the other side. If the bridge collapses again, or I tumble off or something, use manipulator to push me to the target building. Push, as in add enough velocity up and forward to safely land where the bridge that is holding me know connects to the building.

"Holy crap, they collapsed the whole damn bridge on us. Hey Steve, what the hell man? Didn't you know about this?

Bishop, Auron, where are you guys? You all ok? Listen, the two of you should regroup and check if there aren't any sods rushing out or anything. I'll have to get out of this first before we can move on, and you two can't carry me anyway."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:01:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: September 27, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

"Praise be."

Stick with Jim and be generally helpful.  Pray for other team.

PFP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: September 28, 2013, 01:37:40 am »

Await opportunity for pew-pew.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16243 on: September 28, 2013, 02:27:24 am »

"Wow. Didn't see that one coming... I'm currently hovering over where the bridge used to be and Auron jumped to safety. I'll give him a lift if need be and we'll wait for you to get in position."

Give Auron a lift back down to the level where we were at previously, so he doesn't have to hike downstairs and possibly through squads of enemy sods. Keep an eye on the other building for enemy fire or other crazy stuff and take cover so I don't get shot or vaporized.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16244 on: September 28, 2013, 06:46:30 am »

Give Auron a lift back down to the level where we were at previously, so he doesn't have to hike downstairs and possibly through squads of enemy sods. Keep an eye on the other building for enemy fire or other crazy stuff and take cover so I don't get shot or vaporized.
((Well, there's no bridge anymore in that level, so wouldn't it make more sense to take him to another bridge on another floor? Or just fly to where Miyamoto is?))
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1256