Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943649 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16200 on: September 24, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »

Jim turned to Lars. "Nice work, by the way. You're a great shot." He patted the priest on the shoulder. "We can gladhand each other all we want after the mission. Let's get moving, all right? Flint, Mesk, Lukas, you guys come over here with me and Lars. We're moving in."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: September 24, 2013, 03:24:27 pm »

Lars shakes his head.  "I am merely guided by divine will.  Without the gods, we would be nothing."

((Though I do wonder what a [Con:6+2] would get us.  I do like how the full team can handle ten Sods in one go with no injuries.  They're clearly not to be messed around with, though, since they know how to handle the standard equipment.  I wonder what they'd do if Lukas led.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: September 24, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »

((Probably the same as they did the Avatar. Point blank detonation of grenades within weaknesses in joints and armor can really fuck you over. Even aiming for weak points with gauss fire can cause massive damage. Remember me disabling the shuttle? I put the round through the gap in the armor plates. Now, I agree that Lukas has WAY more armor than a shuttle, but the principle is the same. The way to take them out is to present them with either an ambush or some senario that forces them to act outside their training. Or massive, overwhelming amounts of bullets before they can act.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: September 24, 2013, 03:51:03 pm »

((Ambush is rather hard given the circumstances: we are the ones assaulting, so they can defend and wait for us to come. We can't wait them out because time is against us, and outmaneuvering them is rather hard given that we're in a confined space with few alternative routes. So hitting hard and fast is seemingly our only option at the moment, at least until the parameters of the situation change. We're just lucky they're lightly armored and armed, imagine a squad of sods with battlesuits or MK.III's and rocket rifles or tesla sabres.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16204 on: September 24, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »

"Yes sir!" exclaimed Flint as he took position in the front of Jim's group, holding his shield in one hand, positioned in a way that allowed him to protect more of the men behind him than his battlesuit alone could, his mining laser in the other, positioned in a way that allowed him to cut through any enemies in front of him in one swift motion and his "head" up high, scanning with his cameras and cameyes for any sings of life up ahead, his eyes constantly checking and cross referencing the various feeds. "Okay, let's do this quick, clean and safe. Keep your head cool and your aim true and we'll do fine. Get behind me and Lukas, we'll keep you safe."

Take point of Jim's group, moving towards the ARES elevator. Ask Steve for directions if necessary. Go fast, but not so fast I could miss an enemy. Use various vision modes, including normal, to spot enemies or other interesting things or security devices. Stop upon spotting an enemy. While moving, use my shield and my body to shield my teammates (except Lukas, he's got enough armor). Keep my laser ready to sweep through everything in front of me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:02:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: September 24, 2013, 04:01:54 pm »

((They were designed as expendable shock troops, plus we're stationed mostly as security to make sure no one tried to blow something up. They were not expecting an assault by a team of very well equipped soldiers with a good deal of combat experience. And as long as the assault remains unnoticed by the superiors, you should still be facing squishy targets. Though once word gets out that an Avatar is running amok, expect them to start carrying bigger guns, and the guards for more secure areas to dig in. So hit hard, hit fast, and hit dirty.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: September 24, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »

Follow Jim.  Be on the lookout for targets of opportunity, again shooting nowhere close to teammates, civilians, or anything that will go boom.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: September 24, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »

"Onwards we go then. Miya, you might not want to let them get close next time if they are just going to shove grenades up your ass each time. Just saying, cause I am not getting close to any explosives if possible."

Start heading to the control room. Let Miya go first and stay to cover in a leapfrogging manoeuvre with Auron so at least one of us is in cover at all times. Be ready to suppress any sods that show up and alert my team if I see any.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: September 25, 2013, 03:00:08 am »

Lukas inspects the blood stains his enemies left behind for a bit, before responding to Jim.

"Right on, boss. Let's go."

Follow Jim.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: September 25, 2013, 03:36:31 am »

hand Jim the bent baton from my pack to use as scrap metal then set about gathering the newly dropped batons and checking for any intact grenades.

follow my group to the control room when finished.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: September 25, 2013, 03:51:39 am »

"Thanks, Auron."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16211 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:53 am »

"Good job everyone, that went smoothly. Lukas, Auron, Lars, nice shooting. Flint, thanks for the help, those guys were like bugs crawling all over me. Bugs with frakking grenades. And excellent amp work Jim, as usual.

Now, you all know the plan. Bishop, Auron, form up behind me, keep your eyes peeled for more sods.
Jim, maybe have one of your team check what those two sods that made a run for it were going to, just to be safe. Oh, and could you maybe make the handle of this sword a bit longer? It's a bit unwieldy right now, heh."

Let Jim work on the sword if he wants to. Then, after scanning for more potential enemies and if his two teammates are ready, he starts going in the direction of the main control room.

Then, noticing that some teammates hadn't moved yet, Miyamoto turned around and held up his broadsword, pointing it forwards.

"Let's get a move on here! C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?"

((Also, I'd say that went according to plan as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Miyamoto distracted them, rest of team blew them away with impunity, Jim provided support.

@ PW: beyond this point, would it be safe for Miya to use the heavy laser yet? Safe, as in will it not doom everyone in the sword or the building by collapsing it?

Also, say that all of those grenades would have detonated, could you give an idea of how damaging that would have been? Just to get a bit of an idea of an AoW's protective capabilities.))
(Sure, but I would still recommend caution. Don't swing it toward the ship and remember that it's gonna cut through multiple levels of the base even with glancing blows.  As per the grenades, don't worry too much about them. Even jammed in the armor joints like that, they'd do more damage to your teammates around you then you. You're an avatar of war; gonna take more then 10-15 grenades at point blank range to take you down. Or even really slow you down.)

You head off toward the control room, swinging your very tiny sword around and bellowing in the resonant and slightly alien voice of the Avatar.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(.___.)

"Good idea, but maybe we should ask some guys on the Defense team. They gotta be bored back there," Jim said, releasing Miyamoto and lightly dropping to the ground. "And about your sword, I can give it a shot if we have any scrap metal around."

Quote from: James Kelly to (General Shipwide Announcement)
Jim here. A couple of Sods were running for the outside wall and it might be a good idea to see what they were going for. Why don't two or three of you get your asses down here and check it out while we get down to business?

If there's scrap metal around, Jim will attempt to use his amps to lengthen the handle of Miyamoto's sword to an appropriate size. If there isn't or after he's done, he'll send a message and lead his team toward the ARES.

(Wait, I missed it. Lars got the runners. >.>; Will edit post accordingly.)
[exo:1+2]
You manage to stick little bits of molten metal to the sword. It's...not your best work...Alright, it's really shitty. Well...whatever. You head toward the ARES bound elevator.

"Yes sir!" exclaimed Flint as he took position in the front of Jim's group, holding his shield in one hand, positioned in a way that allowed him to protect more of the men behind him than his battlesuit alone could, his mining laser in the other, positioned in a way that allowed him to cut through any enemies in front of him in one swift motion and his "head" up high, scanning with his cameras and cameyes for any sings of life up ahead, his eyes constantly checking and cross referencing the various feeds. "Okay, let's do this quick, clean and safe. Keep your head cool and your aim true and we'll do fine. Get behind me and Lukas, we'll keep you safe."

Take point of Jim's group, moving towards the ARES elevator. Ask Steve for directions if necessary. Go fast, but not so fast I could miss an enemy. Use various vision modes, including normal, to spot enemies or other interesting things or security devices. Stop upon spotting an enemy. While moving, use my shield and my body to shield my teammates (except Lukas, he's got enough armor). Keep my laser ready to sweep through everything in front of me.
Follow Jim.  Be on the lookout for targets of opportunity, again shooting nowhere close to teammates, civilians, or anything that will go boom.
"Onwards we go then. Miya, you might not want to let them get close next time if they are just going to shove grenades up your ass each time. Just saying, cause I am not getting close to any explosives if possible."

Start heading to the control room. Let Miya go first and stay to cover in a leapfrogging manoeuvre with Auron so at least one of us is in cover at all times. Be ready to suppress any sods that show up and alert my team if I see any.
Lukas inspects the blood stains his enemies left behind for a bit, before responding to Jim.

"Right on, boss. Let's go."

Follow Jim.
hand Jim the bent baton from my pack to use as scrap metal then set about gathering the newly dropped batons and checking for any intact grenades.

follow my group to the control room when finished.

(You find no grenades, but you get plenty of stick...I mean batons. Batons.)

The team breaks into two, one half following Jim, The other following Miyamoto, and they head off in opposite directions.

Both teams find the concourse to be pretty much completely empty, save for the occasional not-quite-so-hidden crewman ducked behind some chairs or an information terminal. Jim's team makes it to the elevator without issue, finding a large freight elevator that appears to currently be on a different floor. There's a number pad above the call button; seems like it needs a code.

Miyamoto's team finds something slight different. Their side of the concourse narrows into a skybridge linking two different buildings. It looks somewhat flimsy, mostly glass with a metal floor and a metal framework around it. There are a dozen or so similar bridges underneath it, separated by several stories. The team picks up heat signatures on the other side of the skybridge, some moving, others not.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:59 am »

make scary noises at the poorly hidden crewmen using the speakers trapped within my skull helmet and chase them away whilst aimlessly swinging my reiterpallash in one hand and a baton in the other, do not actually hit them.
Except for the one Jim is tricking for the code, dont chase him away.

once they are sufficiently traumatized and fleeing turn my attention to the skywalk and follow my group accross, provide covering fire as necessary.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:33:15 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:51 am »

Lars looks at the keypad.  This wasn't his area.  "O Cog-azaon, please grant unto us the knowledge to bypass this keypad!  Steve, may you bless us with the way past!"

He looks at it again.  "Don't you just shoot or stab these to get what you want?  It happens in movies."

Pray for guidance.  Offer bad advice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: September 25, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

Jim looks around for a hidden crewman, and if he finds one, takes him to the elevator and says the below.

"Look, I don't want to hurt you, all right? If you just put in the access code, I'll let go of you, and you can be on your way." Jim carefully avoided mentioning that even if the guy didn't put in the access code, he'd let go of him regardless.

If the crewman does not put in the code, Jim will let him go. After that or if he didn't find one in the first place, he'll try to open the doors to the elevator himself and take a look at the shaft to see if jumping down it is feasible or not.
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1256