Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942885 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16170 on: September 23, 2013, 11:25:17 am »

Jim continues to hang out on Miyamoto's back for the moment for the sheer novelty of actually being smaller than someone else for once and will boil the brains of any sods, should it become necessary to do so. But he'll wait until anyone who wants to shoot first does so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: September 23, 2013, 12:01:16 pm »

"Forward, brothers!  Send forth the glory of Steve in convenient bullet-shaped packets!"

Once the Giant Robot Overlords have made their entrance, move in and start taking down targets of opportunity.  Check ceiling height and remember that evading upward is now an option.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »

(@ SC: you sure you want Jim to continue hanging? Because this is the point in the plan where Miyamoto is going to storm in to distract/punch the sods while the rest of the team gives cover fire and moves through that one door while fanning out.

@ Pariah: in case Auron is following the current plan, would you mind altering your action a bit? Mostly because, since PW does these posts in chronological order, he could end up shooting before the AoW has a chance to enter.))

"Kay guys, we move in. Me and Jim first, then Lukas, then Flint, then the rest of you. Fan out once you enter, steady your aim and shoot to kill. Oh, and as long as you're not using a heavy weapon of sorts, don't worry to much about hitting me, this suit can take it pretty well.
Jim, you try to save your 'mindpoints' a bit, you'll need them soon enough. Maybe just try to send heavy projectiles back to their owner, or take out sods with heavy weapons. "

Move in, put Jim down if he requests this let Jim stay right where he is. Once inside, rush over to the most densely-packed group of sods, use broadsword in right hand to incapacitate them and flammenferwer in left to take out groups quickly. Only use namite thrower if there are no teammates (other than Jim, who can take it) nearby. Disabling/preventing as many sods as possible from shooting back is more important than killing blows. Try to position myself so that teammates have a shot at the sods. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:40:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:42 pm »

Wait for a clear shot to an uncovered sod that's nowhere near a teammate or anything valuable, and fire.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: September 23, 2013, 12:33:23 pm »

(Yeah, I'm sure. I'm literally watching your back right now. :P Once these sods are cleared out, I'll dismount.)

"Got it, but if you get in trouble I'm frying these sons of bitches." Jim paused for a moment. "...If Sods really are clones then I may have also just insulted my own 'mother'..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: September 23, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »

((Very well, action edited.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: September 23, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »

(Oh, right. I should probably make an addendum, just in case.)

Should Jim or Miyamoto get caught in the namite, use the Microwave amp to put it out. And if a Sod gets too close and tries to climb up Miyamoto, Jim will bash it with the mace. Preferably around the head, but he'll crush fingers if he has to.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16177 on: September 23, 2013, 12:50:04 pm »

"Sure thing boss! They won't know what hit 'em!"

While Miyamoto moves in, check the ceiling and wall at the opposite side of the room for any high places the battlesuit could sit on/hang from. ((I want to gain an advantage by attacking them from behind, at the very least causing them to further divide their attention. Higher ground should also mean less possibilities for cover. And if they decide to focus on me, it means they aren't watching what is going on, since it's a bit hard to look around you while also looking up.))

If I find that place, fly there after Miyamoto has the Sods' attention. If I don't, just find a good firing position away from the door and go there.

Start mining the Sods that look the most dangerous to me or my teammates.

"Got it, but if you get in trouble I'm frying these sons of bitches." Jim paused for a moment. "...If Sods really are clones then I may have also just insulted my own 'mother'..."
"Well, they were probably not made by the same DNA template or cloning device. Unless you're like some kind of clone god and consider all clones your brothers. That's a good idea for a cult for after this war is over. If you're into that kind of stuff."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: September 23, 2013, 12:56:51 pm »

...they're plain metal bars and bent to hell, so you doubt anyone would want one.
((Can they fit in the Poison Pill Machine?))

(("Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to war we go..." *whistling*))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: September 23, 2013, 01:46:53 pm »

"A bit of clone humor," Jim responded to Flint. "I doubt these guys were made by even the same process I was, let alone the same genetic material or corporation. These guys are probably standard government issue and bred for blind willingness to follow orders and the build of an ox. Or to put it another way, if you were to sort clones by ability, they would be the average laborer and my generation would be a skilled craftsman." The four-armed synthflesh clone scoffed at himself. "...That sounded so full of myself that maybe I should refer to them as peasants."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:56 pm »

In terms of the battle suit, they look sort of like this:
http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/commando.html
or this
http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/sequester.html

They're more small mech then power armor.
((Yeah, that's more or less what I thought. Oversized body with no head, digitigrade-ish legs. Kinda like a bastard offspring of a Kapool and an Urbanmech. Hmm. *oogles google* This kinda looks right. (not mine)

Mesk's later suggestion of the Mass Production evas isn't a bad one. Something like that, bulked up and armor plated would work. You wouldn't see the mouth, but the head shape is about right.
((Okay, will look into it. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16181 on: September 23, 2013, 02:30:13 pm »

((Well, it's a mining laser. It's only appropriate to use the mining skill. Like fighting with a pickaxe.))
"That sounded so full of myself that maybe I should refer to them as peasants."
((Insert obligatory Monty Python reference here))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: September 23, 2013, 03:16:50 pm »

((Well, it's a mining laser. It's only appropriate to use the mining skill. Like fighting with a pickaxe.))
((If you say so.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

In terms of the battle suit, they look sort of like this:
http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/commando.html
or this
http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/sequester.html

They're more small mech then power armor.
((Yeah, that's more or less what I thought. Oversized body with no head, digitigrade-ish legs. Kinda like a bastard offspring of a Kapool and an Urbanmech. Hmm. *oogles google* This kinda looks right. (not mine)))

((I've never thought of them as being quite that bulbous, looking more like this, but obviously smaller (such that the operator's arms and legs are partially within the limbs themselves) and without such things as a transparent cockpit and some of the greebles (what's labeled in the image as a microwave ranging sensor, and certainly the CCLR). Or something like this, scaled up and more solid.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:52:17 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: September 24, 2013, 02:35:12 am »

(@ SC: you sure you want Jim to continue hanging? Because this is the point in the plan where Miyamoto is going to storm in to distract/punch the sods while the rest of the team gives cover fire and moves through that one door while fanning out.

@ Pariah: in case Auron is following the current plan, would you mind altering your action a bit? Mostly because, since PW does these posts in chronological order, he could end up shooting before the AoW has a chance to enter.))

"Kay guys, we move in. Me and Jim first, then Lukas, then Flint, then the rest of you. Fan out once you enter, steady your aim and shoot to kill. Oh, and as long as you're not using a heavy weapon of sorts, don't worry to much about hitting me, this suit can take it pretty well.
Jim, you try to save your 'mindpoints' a bit, you'll need them soon enough. Maybe just try to send heavy projectiles back to their owner, or take out sods with heavy weapons. "

Move in, put Jim down if he requests this let Jim stay right where he is. Once inside, rush over to the most densely-packed group of sods, use broadsword in right hand to incapacitate them and flammenferwer in left to take out groups quickly. Only use namite thrower if there are no teammates (other than Jim, who can take it) nearby. Disabling/preventing as many sods as possible from shooting back is more important than killing blows. Try to position myself so that teammates have a shot at the sods. 

Move in directly after Miyamoto and Jim and start shooting targets that are not too close to any allies.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1256