Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938541 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15750 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »

"Fuuuuuck. It's too fucking quiet. Where the fuck is it? Bishop, think you could space tape my helmet together quickly? At least make it spaceworthy so Lars can have his back? I won't be the cause of a crewmates death."

Whether or not my helmet is fixed, head in and give Lars his helmet back. If my helmet is made spaceworthy, take a quick glance for any forgotten superweapons, holy hand grenades, or at least a laser rifle, grab it if possible then return to the roof and continue aiming. If no weapons are found, return to roof. If helmet is not made spaceworthy, send everyone else to relative safety, and remain behind.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15751 on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:08 pm »

((You already have a gauss rifle and i think it still has rounds in it, you keep your grubby paws off of my loot.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15752 on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:05 pm »

((I REQUIRE ADDITIONAL DAKKA. And I said forgotten. As long as you have it, it should be safe.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15753 on: August 20, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

((Footlockers have locks right? In any case your character shouldnt have any knowledge that i liberated them... i dont think ive even told simus yet...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15754 on: August 20, 2013, 09:44:01 pm »

Go back in and quickly gather up as many lab samples and wayward team members as possible, bring them to the site I left the others in. Leave be any without helmets or those with otherwise incomplete or damaged suits.

DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE TIME THAN IS NECESSARY.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:46:25 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15755 on: August 21, 2013, 02:10:59 am »

Lukas whispers to Miyamoto. "Shhh, let's not make any noise."

Keep quiet.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15756 on: August 21, 2013, 04:44:58 am »

"No can do. The computer in the helmet is going to be difficult and tricky to fix and that's what lets you breathe. I could make a connection to another suit for you to breathe through, but that would have you be forced to stick close to them. Otherwise, nothing I can do in a hurry."

Think about emergency repairs that can make a suit space worthy with a wrecked helmet.

((EDIT: Just been reminded that my action is impossible in the given time frame.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:48:50 am by Zako »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15757 on: August 21, 2013, 10:22:23 am »

From where I'm standing, Try to use cameyes to find out any additional info on whatever is down there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15758 on: August 21, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »

"Hm. Must've been nothing."

Return to the Garage. Look over a rocket bike in detail. Given the current state of the wheelchair, would it be easier to strap a motor and wheels to the bike, or strap the rockets and controls to the chair, especially given that the control scheme would have to be adjusted for a one-legged person anyway? Start sketching down the required steps for the chosen process in the datapad, for ease of reference later.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15759 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:10 pm »

Get in a rocket bike (which I can actually drive without something bad happening.) and stay a little bit ahead of miyamoto.
You grab one of the rocket bikes, I think the only remaining one actually, and drive out to meet up with miayamoto and lukas as they run for the hills.

(("Oh well, guess it was nothing. *Giant worm/dragon comes out of the ground and swallows the base whole*))

Keep running towards the base.

"Might be a good idea to also rescue the contents of the vault.
That thing must have come here for one of our artifacts. Moving it away from the base might make it follow that.

Any idea for which one attracted it here?"

You continue toward the base for some insane reason.

Keep running towards the base.

"Might be a good idea to also rescue the contents of the vault.
That thing must have come here for one of our artifacts. Moving it away from the base might make it follow that.
((And cue for Flint being the only one dying losing his legs from the giant worm.))

"Base? Everyone alive? Status report? What has happened?"

Uh... continue exploring?

EDIT: Turn off what radio frequency Lars's on.

You turn off your radio and continue heading south east. The question is; will everyone else be so smart?
((I'm also assuming the transmitter is in the AI core.))

Brother Lars watched as the base cleared out.  Between his lack of helmet and injuries, he was unable to follow.  He would just rely on the will of the gods to protect him.  Since he lacked a helmet radio, he'd just have to rely on this transmitter.

Adjust the transmitter to send at a more sane volume.  Speak to the team:

"Brothers and sisters, this is Brother Lars.  I am unable to follow due to lack of helmet and injuries, so I will monitor what is happening from the CCR.  I shall pray for guidance, protection, and perseverance for you all.  Amen."

"O Algis, may your shielding hands cover us all..."  Lars continued his prayers to the gods of the HMRC Pantheon.

It appears not.

Lars returns to the CCR computers and begins shouting his sermon. This proves unwise.

((Sorry, I forgot the exact name for my Rocket Rifle. Though technically, it DOES launch micro-rockets, in that the rockets are a lot smaller than what we consider a rocket today.))

"Are you all alright? Did something explode from the ground or anything? WHAT DO I NEED TO FIX?!" Bishop yelled at the group as he approached, gripping his rifle.

"Fuuuuuck. It's too fucking quiet. Where the fuck is it? Bishop, think you could space tape my helmet together quickly? At least make it spaceworthy so Lars can have his back? I won't be the cause of a crewmates death."

Whether or not my helmet is fixed, head in and give Lars his helmet back. If my helmet is made spaceworthy, take a quick glance for any forgotten superweapons, holy hand grenades, or at least a laser rifle, grab it if possible then return to the roof and continue aiming. If no weapons are found, return to roof. If helmet is not made spaceworthy, send everyone else to relative safety, and remain behind.
Lars, and everyone else on or near the base feel the ground rumble again, much more violently. Three of those four left at base begin talking into their radios. The fourth does not. The fourth man, Anton, is either very smart or very lucky.

[bishop dex:6+1+1]
[Morul dex:2+1]
[Lars dex:3]
Oh dear
[Bishop end:5]
[Morul end:4+1]
[Lars End:4]
Ooo Lucky.

The things that erupt for the ground bare a vague resemblance to snakes. If snakes were the size of sport utility vehicles, boasted a coating of albino scales and a mouth full of massive grinding teeth behind enormous black lips. They erupt enmasse, dozens of them, but many of them seem drawn straight to the three men still using their radios in the vicinity of the base.

Bishop sees it coming, feels the ground crack under his feet, and immediately rockets away. Unfortunately he trades quick reaction for control and ends up skidding and skipping away across the stone of the base sector. After a few hundred yards of rocket propelled bouncing, he manages to flip upright and skid to a stop on his feet, miraculously unhurt.

Morul, climbing down from the roof and headed inside, is bashed off when one of the creatures tears through the stone near him and smashes into him. He lands and manages to scramble away as the creature blindly snaps at where he used to be. More of the creatures flood up out of the hole and begin slithering around, idly snapping at the air and nibbling at the walls of the base.

Lars, inside and still on the radio, is smashed against the ceiling as several of the creatures erupt out from under his feet and immediately begin devouring the CCR's computers and controls.  He manages to land and be completely ignored by the creatures, but the air is leaking out of the room and he is without a helmet.

"Hm. Must've been nothing."

Return to the Garage. Look over a rocket bike in detail. Given the current state of the wheelchair, would it be easier to strap a motor and wheels to the bike, or strap the rockets and controls to the chair, especially given that the control scheme would have to be adjusted for a one-legged person anyway? Start sketching down the required steps for the chosen process in the datapad, for ease of reference later.

You feel the base shake violently and see the metal plating on the bottom of the garage deform as things, smash against it. You consider that going in there may not be the best idea. When you see bishop shoot off away from the giant creatures that begin spewing out of where he was standing moments ago, you consider that being on this planet may not be the best idea.

Excuse me miyamoto but i believe its time to enact plan "this is so fucking retarded it just has to work"

jump off the pallet sideways and after running a suitable distance away lie facedown in the dirt, perform an ultrasound on said dirt at highest possible volume without breaking my speaker.
Use thermal radar and seismic activity to determine if i have the critters attention.

You run away from the group and pulse the ground with your ultra sound. You're too far away from the base to get a good reading with the thermal radar, but the rumbling is still around, so you might have got their attention. You're not really sure.

http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Thumper
Heh, I used to hunt sandworms in the Nuclear wastelands of Hellmoo with one of those. Their crystal teeth Financed an empire of Drug laced steaks, dirty bombs, earthquake machines and handmade planes.

Go back in and quickly gather up as many lab samples and wayward team members as possible, bring them to the site I left the others in. Leave be any without helmets or those with otherwise incomplete or damaged suits.

DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE TIME THAN IS NECESSARY.

You stop about halfway back to the base when you see, at a great distance, Morul get tackled off a ladder by a giant, scaled worm. Perhaps...perhaps it is best not to return home yet?

Lukas whispers to Miyamoto. "Shhh, let's not make any noise."

Keep quiet.
You keep quiet. Shh.

From where I'm standing, Try to use cameyes to find out any additional info on whatever is down there.
Well, you can clearly see whats down there because now it's up here. Thanks to the zoom on cam eyes, it's brutally obvious that you now have a metal termite problem.

Though, now that you think about it, those things weren't nearly big enough to make all that rumbling on their own...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15760 on: August 21, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »

Keep running towards the base. If I get close enough to hurt those things, fire the laser.

"Guys, what the hell just happened?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15761 on: August 21, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

((Noooo!!! The Lab Samples! They must not come to harm!

And Vich only turned his radio off because he hated listening to Lars's sermon, it was not a security precaution.

Andd actually, now that I think about it, those things are one of the few things we can actually kill on this planet. This might be fun.))

Continue exploring.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15762 on: August 21, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »

Follow Vich. Consciously.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15763 on: August 21, 2013, 07:39:46 pm »

"SHIT!"

OPEN FIRE OPEN FIRE DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA! SHOOT THAT FUCKING ROCKWORM!

((Nuuuu, I meant give Lars his helmet no matter what. Or did I not get the chance?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15764 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »

((Yeah, I think the sandworms won that race.))

"ALGIS, SAVE ME!  STEEEEEEVE"

Get out of there.  Find a room that's still pressurized and seal the door.  AI Core, Barracks, whichever looks safer.  Look for something airtight I can jury-rig as a helmet at least in terms of air.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 1256