Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938622 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15720 on: August 19, 2013, 11:10:21 pm »

Time was of the essence and Bishop keyed in his radio for the whole base to hear.

"Guys! ALVIN says that something is approaching the base and it's causing the ground to shake! We've got about 16 minutes until it arrives! DO SOMETHING!"

He turned back to face Miyamoto as he dumped off the pack of sensors to lighten his load.

"Leave those here, they'll be safe enough. We've got to get back there!"

Hustle back to base and link up with everyone else! Check my micro-rocket launcher for wear and tear and prepare for battle!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: August 19, 2013, 11:16:39 pm »

((Wait a sec, gilgamesh has kinetic amps? What else does it have?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:52 am »

((Sorry for disappearing again guys, my summer job has been eating my time like some sort of spacetime anomaly. Even now I'm typing in a hurry.))

((Lot's of things really. I'll write them down someday, but for now I'd like Gilgamesh back.))

Miyamoto turned to Bishop.
"Yeah, you're right. Let's get going.

I'll be taking a load of supplies out of the base in case worst comes to worst.

Anyone an idea what the hell set another monster off  this time? Did anyone touch stuff again they weren't supposed to?"

((As good a start as any for anyone now to claim what it was and to propose anything IC.))

Run back to base, get inside Gilgamesh. Find a pallet of sorts and start loading supplies on them, food first. Get out before the 4-minute mark and deposit goods where Simus is..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:19:22 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: August 20, 2013, 02:19:16 am »

Lukas opens a channel to Miyamoto.

"Uh, boss. You want me to do something? I say we leave this giant 'whatever it is' alone and hope that it doesn't destroy the base.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:27 am »

Lukas opens a channel to Miyamoto.

"Uh, boss. You want me to do something? I say we leave this giant 'whatever it is' alone and hope that it doesn't destroy the base.

"Quickly help me to carry some stuff away. We can fight spacemonsters after we make sure we won't be left dead in the water."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: August 20, 2013, 02:38:33 am »

"Make sure to get lots of water and food and something we can use to broadcast a signal with! Use the vehicles in the garage to carry stuff if you must!" Bishop said over the radio as he rushed along with Miyamoto.

"As for what attracted it, I would say that whatever caused our radios to blast out static may have something to do with it.

Did anyone do something with the base transmitter?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: August 20, 2013, 03:31:59 am »

return gilgamesh to miyamoto, engage logical survival protocols.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15727 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:27 am »

((I'm pretty such it amplified the sermons. So we heard both the sermon and the feedback. You know, this is way too late for that... maybe you should stop messing with electronics. Without dynamic bonuses at least.))

((That's the thing, the feedback would've drowned it out completely.

Also, somewhat at a loss at how to react, in-character, to what's going on...))
((Save the contents of the vault?
Also, the MPV is in the base, you might want to use that to carry food or samples.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15728 on: August 20, 2013, 05:17:49 am »

Help Miyamoto move supplies
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: August 20, 2013, 05:38:49 am »

((Save the contents of the vault?
Also, the MPV is in the base, you might want to use that to carry food or samples.))

((That actually wouldn't be something she'd do, actually. At the very least, she'll drag everyone else out first.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15730 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30:10 am »

((Heheh. Yep, exactly as designed. I wasn't planning to make it incredibly fast anyway. Though I might salvage something more powerful later - if we have a "later".))

"...is it just me, or is the floor really shaking? What the hell is going on here?"

Roll out of the base. Observe surroundings. Try to determine the source of the... Tremors.

((Also, where is Gilgamesh right now? Short of using Simus to embed an explosive underground, it's our best chance at taking out something subterranean.))

Seems to be coming from pretty much all around you. Whatever it is, it must be close.

"I have a strong feeling of dread right now. Do you?"

put self right way up.
You flop out of the shuttle and stand up, hanging around near the door to the garage.

((Don't forget the friendly neighborhood murderbot Lukas.  If it's after vibrations, perhaps firing his particle cannon off into the distance somewhere would distract it?  Lars isn't nearly clever (or aware) enough to suggest this IC.))
((Keep in mind, it might be the comms array it's after.))

"Um, guys, do you know what whatever it is might be after?"

Question: When I asked to bring out nutri-packs, I intended to bring quite a few, enough for me to stay out for a while. Did I bring that many?
Yeah, you've got enough to last you for months.

((The movie? Missed my radar. Wait, is it related to the book by the same name?
EDIT: Nevermind, was thinking of "Ulysses".))

"Oh, for the sake of my ears, Lars, STOP PREACHING. You're about to overload my radio again, goddamit."

Ponder how it is that we are the ones exploring, and yet it is the base that gets to meet the gigantic monstrocities of this planet.
Also ponder why we have to lose valuable turns because somebody at the base seriously messed up. Again.

Yo, time be fucked up. Your mild waiting it the price you pay for not being savaged by aliens. Or should I summon something in to help you pass the time?

"Oh, crap."

Run back towards the base sector, try to get to the antenna.

((I have an idea for what to do to draw that thing away. I'm just waiting to see what other people do/say.
We just need someone who can move fast, preferably fly. We rip the antenna, connect it to my battery pack or the portable generator with the aid of someone with high aux and then lure it away from the base and to the motion anomalies, to its death.))
Bit too far out for that; Sir. Feel free to try and order other people around to do things though.

"INCOMING! UNKNOWN OBJECT ON COLLISION COURSE WITH HOME! RUN MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Steady myself, and take aim at the oncoming thing.

"Whatever gods watch over us poor bastards, I could use some guidance. Or a welcome. Whichever comes first."
You take aim at the vague area of the rumbling, trying to guess exactly where the thing thats causing it is underground and how deep. You doubt your gauss rifle as the force to punch through several feet of solid rock.

((While that's true, it's not exactly what I think she would end up doing.

Ah, screw it, I can blow it off later.))

Everyone get out of the base, now.

Exit base and get a few subhexes away, dragging along anyone who is not already doing the same or similar.
You grab Mesk and anyone else currently afflicted with the idiot disease and drag them out toward the north. You don't get out of the central hex, but you do at least put a mile or three between you and the base. Better then nothing.

Time was of the essence and Bishop keyed in his radio for the whole base to hear.

"Guys! ALVIN says that something is approaching the base and it's causing the ground to shake! We've got about 16 minutes until it arrives! DO SOMETHING!"

He turned back to face Miyamoto as he dumped off the pack of sensors to lighten his load.

"Leave those here, they'll be safe enough. We've got to get back there!"

Hustle back to base and link up with everyone else! Check my micro-rocket launcher for wear and tear and prepare for battle!

(Your wat?)

You run back to base and link up with the other people who are just kind of standing around, dumbfounded.

((Sorry for disappearing again guys, my summer job has been eating my time like some sort of spacetime anomaly. Even now I'm typing in a hurry.))

((Lot's of things really. I'll write them down someday, but for now I'd like Gilgamesh back.))

Miyamoto turned to Bishop.
"Yeah, you're right. Let's get going.

I'll be taking a load of supplies out of the base in case worst comes to worst.

Anyone an idea what the hell set another monster off  this time? Did anyone touch stuff again they weren't supposed to?"

((As good a start as any for anyone now to claim what it was and to propose anything IC.))

Run back to base, get inside Gilgamesh. Find a pallet of sorts and start loading supplies on them, food first. Get out before the 4-minute mark and deposit goods where Simus is..
You get back to base, kick your subordinate out of your suit and start loading supplies on a pallet. You don't have very long to do it, but you get as much as you can then start out toward simus.

return gilgamesh to miyamoto, engage logical survival protocols.
You sit on the pallet that Miyamoto is carrying and insistently point and shout  "HURRY THE FUCK UP ROBOT MAN!" as he carries you away from the base.

Help Miyamoto move supplies
You grab your own pallet worth of goodies and run for it along with Miyamoto.

The rumbling near the base subsides and everything is quiet.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: August 20, 2013, 11:52:09 am »

Get in a rocket bike (which I can actually drive without something bad happening.) and stay a little bit ahead of miyamoto.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15732 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »

(("Oh well, guess it was nothing. *Giant worm/dragon comes out of the ground and swallows the base whole*))

Keep running towards the base.

"Might be a good idea to also rescue the contents of the vault.
That thing must have come here for one of our artifacts. Moving it away from the base might make it follow that.

Any idea for which one attracted it here?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:23:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »

Keep running towards the base.

"Might be a good idea to also rescue the contents of the vault.
That thing must have come here for one of our artifacts. Moving it away from the base might make it follow that.
((And cue for Flint being the only one dying losing his legs from the giant worm.))

"Base? Everyone alive? Status report? What has happened?"

Uh... continue exploring?

EDIT: Turn off what radio frequency Lars's on.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:47:30 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15734 on: August 20, 2013, 12:54:55 pm »

((Eh, I'm miles away, so I'm not getting there in time. Although that would be hilarious.
More likely while running the welds fail on my legs and they fall off.))
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1256