Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940155 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15525 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:11 pm »

"Darn... I'm a mechanic, not a doctor. Yeah, this isn't going to work, not like this. Might as well go look at the garage and see if I can at least cobble together a little wheelchair."

Double-check that my suit is sufficiently sealed to wander out into vacuum. Take up the crutch(es) and hobble over to (what's left of) the Garage. Survey the situation. Try to locate a few wheels, an electric motor, and some scrap to make a motorized wheelchair out of.

Try not to get immediately obliterated if Lukas starts unexpectedly rampaging.

((Roleplay-induced meta-stupidity go! :P
Yes, I could have stayed in the Barracks for longer, but Anton would have wanted to check out the Garage. Besides, what better way to observe a robot rampage than from a front-row seat?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15526 on: August 03, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »

((From far, far away?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: August 03, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »

((When you're the robot, of course.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: August 03, 2013, 08:52:14 pm »

((When you're the robot, of course.))
((First-person seating- the new VIP seats.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15529 on: August 03, 2013, 09:31:13 pm »

To Lukas:"Why is nobody answering?"

((Oh...))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:58:30 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: August 03, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

((I think ALVIN is still offline.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: August 03, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »

((And they are all busy either doing jobs or trying to stop Lukas from killing EVERYONE.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: August 05, 2013, 02:21:22 am »

((good suggestion on trying to shut off. I hope you can find the on-switch though.))

"I'll try to shut myself off, if that is even possible. Those rare metals better still be there if I wake up - Lukas makes an air quote gesture.

Try to shut off, but only if it is certain that it doesn't lead to permanent brain damage or something of the sort, and only if someone else doesn't find a better solution before.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15533 on: August 05, 2013, 11:16:29 am »

((I live!))

find something metal in the shuttle to throw.

You pull yourself out of the cockpit and walk along top of the downed shuttle, looking for something metal. You find it in the form of a mostly non-vital looking piece of structural metal that has all but fallen off on it's own anyways. You help it the rest of the way off.

Lets try this again, set the visual filter to only take feeds from the eye mounted cameras.
Set the remainder to form a thermal radar array.

If i fail or overshoot again upload program to mainframe and ask alvin to fix it.

((Tavik try making a faraday cage around yourself, if you succeed you should be able to walk back.))
[aux:4+1]
Hey, it worked. Good for you.

((A very useful pet! :D At this point I am basically remote controlling two characters.
Ironic, if you consider that I am a Speech Character and controlling people is my profession. Doubly ironic, if you consider the fact that probably nothing would have changed even if she were around. She (I forget her username) wasn't very assertive anyway.

Hmm... does anyone have any objections to me stealing her tokens and then podding her if she's not coming back?
PS: Does anyone remember Ashley? This feels like Ashley, except that Jim never made use of her.
PPS: And now we have no women on this mission, but for a trained pet? What does this say about our views on gender equality?))

"I wonder how long this thing is. Interesting that it goes right along our designated borders."

Continue following this thing.

You continue following the thing for a while, but not for long. The next zone looks...rather dangerous. The area directly in front of you when you enter is filled with scattered piles of what look like strange geological formations; enormous slabs of semi-translucent quartz. Closer inspection and poking reveals them to be loose and rather light, too light for stone, and much to uniform. In fact, they bear a closer resemblance to reptilian scales. Scales the size of a car hood, but still.

A technicians work was never done, Bishop suspected as he raced towards Lukas.

"What the hell did you do?"

Quickly fix the mistake he made. If that doesn't work, activate the emergency shutdown. If THAT doesn't work, override his systems and then activate emergency shutdown.
[Aux:5+1]
Lukas' goes silent for a moment and then begins talking in a rather robotic fashion.

"OMNICIDE MODE DEACTIVATED."

Miyamoto and Bishop breath a collective sigh of relief.

"SELF DESTRUCT MODE ACTIVATED. 60. 59. 58."

"Oh for the love of..."

*Sigh*
Message to Bishop:
"Any help needed fixing the wall?"
respond as nessecary
Bishop is a little busy at the moment, attempting to prevent omnicide and/or the base being converted into a large crater.

"Was that sarcasm, Simus? I was beginning to think you lacked a sense of humor. Glad to see there is hope for you yet.

Anyway, I don't know what happened. Maybe a reflective piece of rock? One second I was digging my hole, the next I'm with no legs. Again. Luckily it seems easy to fix. I'll have it repaired the moment I get some tools.

But it wasn't all for nothing. Here. Catch."

Give Simus my flatground samples and my legs, assuming the hole is shallow enough. Keep getting those dynamic bonuses.

"You think this is enough flatground or should I cut some more?

So... how are we going to do this exactly? Tie the rope somewhere and have me crawl up, wait for Lukas to come and pull me up, bury me up to the neck like space pirates?..."

You toss your samples and limbs up to Simus, who manages to catch them despite her complete lack of athletic prowess. You continue to charge your brain to the point that it's become rather silly, since you can only use it for one roll.

Lars pokes Mesk.  "Brother Mesk?"

If Mesk doesn't exit his trance state, slap him in the back of the head and gesture at broken ribs and medical tools until he gets the hint and fixes me.

((The trance claims another victim))

"Ah..the zone has claimed another mind. How unfortunate."

[mesk med:4+2]
Mesk performs a spinning back kick to the head as a form of anesthesia. You black out.

Now comes time for the invisible med rolls. Better hope he rolls well!

A technicians work was never done, Bishop suspected as he raced towards Lukas.

"What the hell did you do?"

Quickly fix the mistake he made. If that doesn't work, activate the emergency shutdown. If THAT doesn't work, override his systems and then activate emergency shutdown.

'No idea man, he just froze up all of a sudden. Trying to fix whatever it is that's happening here, before he loses his mind or something.'

Fix Lukas with bishop's help.

((@prosperus: maybe you could try shutting it off yourself? If it's under your control, you might be able to just turn it off.))

"Uhh..."
[aux:4+1]
Lukas suddenly returns to normal, shaking his head in confusion.

Attempt to wake up. Ponder my current Karma levels.
[end:4]
Your vision swims back into being and you foggily sit up, still laying where you fell. Ow. Everything tastes like burning hair.

"Darn... I'm a mechanic, not a doctor. Yeah, this isn't going to work, not like this. Might as well go look at the garage and see if I can at least cobble together a little wheelchair."

Double-check that my suit is sufficiently sealed to wander out into vacuum. Take up the crutch(es) and hobble over to (what's left of) the Garage. Survey the situation. Try to locate a few wheels, an electric motor, and some scrap to make a motorized wheelchair out of.

Try not to get immediately obliterated if Lukas starts unexpectedly rampaging.

((Roleplay-induced meta-stupidity go! :P
Yes, I could have stayed in the Barracks for longer, but Anton would have wanted to check out the Garage. Besides, what better way to observe a robot rampage than from a front-row seat?))
You take the crutch mesk gave you and hobble out to the garage, learning to balance without your right leg. As you wander into the garage you can't help but imagine yourself like those soldiers of old, before robotic prosthetic, when losing a limb meant a permanent life of hobbling. It all feels rather romantic, in an old fashion sort of way.

The garage, as you find it, is missing one of it's walls and it's contents have been thrown about the room randomly. Hmm, a bit of a mess.

((good suggestion on trying to shut off. I hope you can find the on-switch though.))

"I'll try to shut myself off, if that is even possible. Those rare metals better still be there if I wake up - Lukas makes an air quote gesture.

Try to shut off, but only if it is certain that it doesn't lead to permanent brain damage or something of the sort, and only if someone else doesn't find a better solution before.

No longer necessary, my heavy metal chum.  Everything worked out for the best.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: August 05, 2013, 11:25:12 am »

((OH DEAR.))

Wake up, hopefully.  Dream of the gods of medicine, so that they may watch over me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59:13 am »

Throw metal to find a safe path..

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: August 05, 2013, 12:06:07 pm »

"It's just one thing after another with you people..." Bishop grouses as he heads towards the garage. "I'm going to rebuild the damn wall AGAIN. Let's hope someone doesn't get the bright idea to punch a hole in it AGAIN, or so help me, I will STAB A BITCH AND FEED HIM TO MESK."

Pull myself together and head back to the garage to get to work on fixing the wall with the salvage from the previous one. Have gimpy organise tools and materials back to where they came from and clean up the mess while I work.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »

((How many turns would those 60 seconds be?))

"So, we're either dealing with something alive, or with something... else. I would like to know just how territorial it is, and how dangerous. I honestly don't know if you Denzel, being a robot, would have some ideas for experimentation in this area, but I'm not going inside of it. Not without some serious firepower."

Could something be potentially be hidden beneath those scales, or can we more or less see beneath them? Can we potentially hide beneath them, if we need to?
Can we get the map around us filled in, so we know what to avoid, and if the scales border the storm.
Does this place have any atmosphere?
How light are those scales and how easy would they be to break?
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: August 05, 2013, 02:57:07 pm »

"Well, I'm not about to go in their either- we robots aren't THAT tough- but I am willing to take some of these scales as samples, if it's safe. Zeph, hold this stuff for me, will you?"

Survey the area VERY carefully. If nothing is in sight, rock-throw my way to the closest pile, sans-gear (give it to Zeph to hold for the time being- I'll claim it when I get back), being ready to turn back at any sign of danger. If I get to the pile safely, grab as many of the scales as I can carry and make my way back to my comrades as fast as is safe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15539 on: August 05, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »

okay then, quickly upload the program to my suit and use my medical prowess to smooth out mesks surgery if necessary.

Oh and activate the thermal radar but not the visual filter.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1256